Grab and Go Breakfast Under 400

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I don't normally eat breakfast, but when I do, I normally grab a few leftovers and put them in a wrap.

I like Joseph's flatbread wraps. Nice carbs with fiber, protein, plus a decent hit of calcium and vit c. Hardly a waste of 100 calories! Perfect conveyance for ham, eggs, cheese, spinach, or whatever else you care to throw in one.

The only thing you gotta watch with Josephs is when they say they don't cut corners, they don't cut those corners. I don't think I've ever weighed a wrap that wasn't 5g or more than the label's serving size, lol.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat breakfast, but when I do, I normally grab a few leftovers and put them in a wrap.

I like Joseph's flatbread wraps. Nice carbs with fiber, protein, plus a decent hit of calcium and vit c. Hardly a waste of 100 calories! Perfect conveyance for ham, eggs, cheese, spinach, or whatever else you care to throw in one.

The only thing you gotta watch with Josephs is when they say they don't cut corners, they don't cut those corners. I don't think I've ever weighed a wrap that wasn't 5g or more than the label's serving size, lol.

Yes, they are always heavy! I've noticed that as well.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, egg/veggie muffins (make ahead and they are tasty cold or warmed up), granola, protein bar, oatmeal cups (individual ones), any fresh fruit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »
    I make a variation of this http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/11/07/hot-chocolate-breakfast-smoothie/

I just use regular milk, honey or brown sugar instead of maple syrup, and add water to make it runny enough to drink through a straw. This time of year I don't heat it up either. Just put together at night and stick in the fridge, hit it with the emulsifier in the morning, and pour it into my travel mug.

Yes, this time of year I brew the coffee for my coffee, protein powder, chia seeds, and dried coconut smoothie the night before and stick it in the frig. I also start the chia seeds soaking the day before. I put everything in my shaker cup in the AM and I'm ready to eat in two minutes.

I have an underutilized stick emulsifier - I may give that recipe a try - looks good! I'll be adding chocolate protein powder.
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I use Maya's tortillas as my "wrap." Ninety calories and they are nice and light and tasty.

Breakfast burritos, anyone?

Now I want a bacon, egg, and cheese wrap!

With red chile.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I make a variation of this http://www.runningwithspoons.com/2015/11/07/hot-chocolate-breakfast-smoothie/

I just use regular milk, honey or brown sugar instead of maple syrup, and add water to make it runny enough to drink through a straw. This time of year I don't heat it up either. Just put together at night and stick in the fridge, hit it with the emulsifier in the morning, and pour it into my travel mug.

Yes, this time of year I brew the coffee for my coffee, protein powder, chia seeds, and dried coconut smoothie the night before and stick it in the frig. I also start the chia seeds soaking the day before. I put everything in my shaker cup in the AM and I'm ready to eat in two minutes.

I have an underutilized stick emulsifier - I may give that recipe a try - looks good! I'll be adding chocolate protein powder.

I love my stick emulsifier! This recipe also inspired me to add oats to the fruit smoothie I make sometimes. It's really tasty and adds more protein and fiber.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

I love my stick emulsifier! This recipe also inspired me to add oats to the fruit smoothie I make sometimes. It's really tasty and adds more protein and fiber.

I have it in the frig now. Going to test drive it for a bedtime snack. I might add some frozen raspberries to it...
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My go-to right now is 3 eggs (I bake sheet-pan eggs at the beginning of the week so I can reheat, grab and go) and 4 slices of turkey bacon (also pre-cooked). It comes out to 310 calories, a good deal of protein, and keeps me full for a while.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I usually have 300-400 calories for breakfast
    Fruit is usually berries or apple, but sometimes orange or banana, melon, pineapple
    Option 1:Sandwich Bros. - Egg White and Turkey Sausage - 150 calories and will add depending on my mood, yogurt, fruit or cottage cheese.
    Option 2: Oatmeal packet (calories vary but usually around 150), usually with yogurt or fruit (sometimes both)
    Option 3: Flatout wrap or Lender's bagel thins (90-110 calories) with a turkey sausage (70 calories) sometimes with egg and spinach on it, sometimes with fruit and/or yogurt
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Fruit and cheese
    Yogurt and a little granola
    Protein bar
    Peanut butter and sliced banana in a FlatOut wrap.

I try to make overnight oats (dry rolled oats mixed with yogurt and pb) the night before whenever I can, but the above are for when I don't.

All options are accompanied by a cup of coffee with 1/3 cup of milk.
  • puffbrat
    Options

I have it in the frig now. Going to test drive it for a bedtime snack. I might add some frozen raspberries to it...

Oooh! I should try that!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast is a bagel (250 Cal) and coffee (70 Cal), so 320 Cal.

Sometimes I have a half bagel (125) and coffee (70) with Greek yogurt (150-200), 345 to 395, but more protein.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I eat the same two basic breakfasts.

Yoghurt (cup of whatever, 120-140 cals) and fruit (frozen mixes are my friend, microwave a minute to defrost, but right now also fresh strawberries, honey mangos) probably about 100g do 60-100 cals depending. I also add a little unsugared cereal, puffed corn or kamut for another 30 cals or so.

Oatmeal - either pre-cooked steel cut or overnight, 150 cals. Add fruit as with the yoghurt, maybe some nuts or nut butter, I usually arrange to have the oatmeal on a morning my workout might be a little more than usual. 225-ish with fruit, more if with nuts.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 500 calories for breakfast and aim for 20+ grams of protein. I'm also a vegetarian. Some of my go-to's are:
    Sweet potato and peanut butter muffins
    Egg casserole with an English Muffin (I like to add veggies to the casserole and make the squares into a sandwich)
    Yogurt parfait with chocolate chips, coconut, chia seeds, and strawberries/bananas
    Baked oatmeal or overnight oats
  • laurelh8
    laurelh8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    And another vote for overnight oats. I did a quick number crunch of a basic recipe with no added sweetener or toppings. Not a bad building block, IMO.
    0qwakllh0ogr.png

Your oatmeal calculation seems off to me. Only 75 calories for 1/2 cup rolled oats seems really low. Is that cooked or uncooked?

I eat oatmeal most mornings and 45 g of uncooked old fashioned rolled oats is at least 170 calories.
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat yogurt and drink almond milk, but I make sure to eat lunch about 3-4 hours later.