Is there any online weight loss programm that really works?

Options
Hi. There are hundreds of online weight loss/diet programs that promise to do kinda magics. My question is, is there truly any program that can cause me decrease in several dress sizes per week(or only one size per week/two weeks)? Or really i can shed 10 pounds a week 'safely' with it?
Thank you

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Hi. There are hundreds of online weight loss/diet programs that promise to do kinda magics. My question is, is there truly any program that can cause me decrease in several dress sizes per week(or only one size per week/two weeks)? Or really i can shed 10 pounds a week 'safely' with it?
    Thank you

Uhhh no.... there are lifestyles that support LONG TERN weight loss. Nothing safe for 10lbs a week though. Even if there were, I doubt long term successful adherence.
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Might want to read the article at this link, and give it a bit of a think:

https://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-1360-5-shocking-realities-behind-ads-weight-loss-products.html

Then re-read to what people recommended above, and do it.

Hey, great article! I never believed the BS, but it was nice to get a look into how those ads are made.

A person in the comments said a friend was in a weight loss product ad and had to GAIN weight - they used her Before picture as the After and vice versa.

Yeah, and then there's this:

https://youtu.be/M957dACQyfU

People are being *played*.

@AnnPT77 You know this guy is a professional eater, globe trotter, and exercise nut right? I have been watching his YouTube videos for a while now. Furious Pete is serious about his fitness! :p

43683759.png
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Thank you

Uhhh no.... there are lifestyles that support LONG TERN weight loss. Nothing safe for 10lbs a week though. Even if there were, I doubt long term successful adherence.

Like this tern?

n1ex49l3qb3d.jpeg

(Sorry, couldn’t resist a bird joke!)

Ah I nearly made that joke last night! Good to see it
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Aalps wrote: »
    My other half lost 23lbs in 2 weeks with an abscess on his liver that burst. Very successful but it nearly killed him.
    My guess is that you want to do this because others will judge you and what you are wearing in 2 weeks time for some reason. Then what after that? It won’t matter any more? Until the next time.

The amount you can lose in 2 weeks will probably go unnoticed to most people. Read what everyone has recommended above and start to understand yourself in a positive way. If 10lbs is your goal then don’t torture yourself and aim for August. That way it will still be off in September. And November. And next year! Good luck and be kind to yourself 😊

Yes significant illness is always a good weight shifter. I lost a stone in one week while in hospital many years ago. It wasnt due to the illness itself (kidney stone) it was the fact that most days I was labelled nil by mouth because I was due to have a stent put in, but EVERY DAY the decision was changed, or I was cancelled off the list due to another priority, or some other bloody reason which meant that I could have eaten but didnt. By the time the meals came round I couldnt have any as I hadnt ordered any due to my prior nil by mouth status that morning. Add that to constantly throwing up on the morphine and I lost a nice hefty weight. I think there were some days that I wasnt nil by mouth but I was so out of it that I missed the dinner lady coming round so couldnt avail myself of food.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    This does not seem that complicated.

Eat less calories than you use up and your body will consume some of the fat it has stored up just for that eventuality. Sort of like using your savings if you become under-employed. Savings will go down if you spend more than you make.

None of this means "sacrifice." I think my crabmeat + pasta is actually an improvement on the hamburger/noodle casserole I used to fix. And, it takes less time.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit works and you don't have to pay anyone to do it successfully. ☺
  • bwhitty67
    bwhitty67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Find something that works for you. Something you can stick to throughout your lifetime. No quick and easy plans are successful in the long haul.... bummer, yes but it’s reality 🤪