Vacation Week!!

Options
Things to know before you read the post
My family and I are big *kitten* eaters and have huge appetites.
Therefore, when we are on vacation for 8 days, every dinner is an all you can eat and lunch and breakfast are pretty big as well. There is no gym and I wont be able to get my steps or morning walks in either so even less calories expended.
What so I do?
It's sort of hard to not only moderate myself but also tracking calories at buffets and AYCE

I'm currently trying to LEAN bulk but I'm afraid that I'd gain A lot of fat since I'm not working out but eating more than when I DO workout.

Should this be considered a deload week?
From previous experience a deload seemed to have made me weaker.
It would also be a waste of all those excess calories because if I dont workout, those extra cals wouldnt go to the muscles (muscle building) since I wouldnt be tearing the muscle fibers to allow that MPS thing or whatever.
I know I'm nerdy

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    If working out weren't a possibility then I would simply switch to maintenance calories and log as accurately as possible. Even if you're not exact in your counting you won't gain a significant amount of fat in one week. Just find entries as close as you can to what you're eating and if you're eating at buffets then try to find the high volume, low calorie foods.
  • tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If working out weren't a possibility then I would simply switch to maintenance calories and log as accurately as possible. Even if you're not exact in your counting you won't gain a significant amount of fat in one week. Just find entries as close as you can to what you're eating and if you're eating at buffets then try to find the high volume, low calorie foods.

I wish but they have none. Like kbbq and carnival foods
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Either find a way to moderate your intake (ex. small or no breakfast, save up for one meal, eat only foods you love, don't go crazy every single day, ease up on the alcohol etc) or enjoy whatever you please and when you get back once the water weight wears off if you feel like you have gained too much do a small mini cut and then get back to your bulk. However most likely you will be ok.
  • tec9goo
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Either find a way to moderate your intake (ex. small or no breakfast, save up for one meal, eat only foods you love, don't go crazy every single day, ease up on the alcohol etc) or enjoy whatever you please and when you get back once the water weight wears off if you feel like you have gained too much do a small mini cut and then get back to your bulk. However most likely you will be ok.

The thing is it's already scheduled to like either buffet,bbq,kbbq,festival ayce and all that EVERY NIGHT. Also considering that I wont be able to workout...
  • tec9goo
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This is not that hard. It is and always will be food choices. If you can eat 4 plates of food make the first 2 fruits and vegetables only, the third one leaner proteins, and the fourth can be anything you want.

Or eat like crazy and just deal with any minor setbacks when you return.

There are no veggies,fruits, or lean choices in sight ...
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    This is not that hard. It is and always will be food choices. If you can eat 4 plates of food make the first 2 fruits and vegetables only, the third one leaner proteins, and the fourth can be anything you want.

Or eat like crazy and just deal with any minor setbacks when you return.

There are no veggies,fruits, or lean choices in sight ...

And you’re eating at festivals for all three meals?

Why not just do OMAD, or skip whatever meals in the day that aren’t gorgefests?
  • tec9goo
    Options
    You can do this! I went on a food-intensive vacation for a week and I'll share the strategies that ultimately proved successful:
    1. *Prior* to my vacation, I banked calories so I had more to spare
    2. I didn't eat until noon (typical for me; I do IF every day), which minimizes the daily calorie intake
    3. I ate at maintenance during vacation
    4. I tried to prioritize my splurges- decided I didn't need to use the trip as a license to eat everything, but still made a point to enjoy favorite foods
    5. Logged every single day, even though it was mostly guesswork
    6. Didn't freak out when I got home and weighed! And got right back to my normal plan

Good luck!

I know theres a thing called weekly calories but fif that's a thing, could monthly calories be a thing? Yearly? Sounds a bit insane
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Eat it. Enjoy it. Log it.

Ultimately it comes down to your choices. You make the choice, you accept the consequences.
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I just gotta know: where IS this place? How can anyone eat like that for 8 days. Is it just like ribs and potato salad every night?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I have to ask. Are children involved in this food fest?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    CMNVA wrote: »
    I just gotta know: where IS this place? How can anyone eat like that for 8 days. Is it just like ribs and potato salad every night?

Potato salad has vegetables in it. I think it is just ribs, bacon, and deep fried desserts.