Last film you saw...

Replies

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    8m47vio5aqid.jpeg

I'm a Stephen King fan but this movie left me feeling......

2eum0hu0rhtj.jpeg

• katiesmom_99
    katiesmom_99 Posts: 87 Member
    Remember the Titans
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    MV5BZjE4M2FjMDQtZGQ5Mi00YTliLWIwZmMtZGJkMjgxYTY5ZTlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed Anna more than I had thought I would have. Helen Mirren was marvelous.

I liked it. But, the constant back 'n forth of story telling kind of got old.

It did have that back and forth storytelling style which is more Hallmark, I agree. It certainly was not Red Sparrow. I liked the choreographed fighting and killing scenes though.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    MV5BZjE4M2FjMDQtZGQ5Mi00YTliLWIwZmMtZGJkMjgxYTY5ZTlmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

I thoroughly enjoyed Anna more than I had thought I would have. Helen Mirren was marvelous.

It did have that back and forth storytelling style which is more Hallmark, I agree. It certainly was not Red Sparrow. I liked the choreographed fighting and killing scenes though.

Yep, in those aspects, it seemed very much a spinoff of the John Wick series. Of which, I liked all three. But, the first was the better of them, IMO.

• 777Gemma888

Yep, in those aspects, it seemed very much a spinoff of the John Wick series. Of which, I liked all three. But, the first was the better of them, IMO.

I'm a sucker for seamless fighting scenes. YES! Very John Wick 3. Storyline, I agree the first of the franchise was the best of the set. 3 was action packed, but not much else.

Have you watched Shaft?
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    Have you watched Shaft?

Yep! I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Movies I've seen since April:

Toy Story 4
    Anna
    Shaft
    Godzilla: King of the Monsters (very meh...)
    Dark Phoenix (Good story, do not like Sophie Turner as an actress)
    Booksmart
    Aladdin (Very difficult to follow in Robin William's footsteps. But, Will Smith did ok.)
    John Wick 3 (Storyline was okay, fight scenes over the top. Makes on wonder what 4 will be like?)
    Long Shot
    Pokemon Detective Pikachu
    Avengers: Endgame (saw twice in theater)
    Shazam! ( Pleasantly surprised because it looked really stupid in the commercials)
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    2036 Origin Unknown (Netflix)
  • 777Gemma888
    Have you watched Shaft?

Yep! I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Movies I've seen since April:

Toy Story 4
    Anna
    Shaft
    Godzilla: King of the Monsters (very meh...)
    Dark Phoenix (Good story, do not like Sophie Turner as an actress)
    Booksmart
    Aladdin (Very difficult to follow in Robin William's footsteps. But, Will Smith did ok.)
    John Wick 3 (Storyline was okay, fight scenes over the top. Makes on wonder what 4 will be like?)
    Long Shot
    Pokemon Detective Pikachu
    Avengers: Endgame (saw twice in theater)
    Shazam! ( Pleasantly surprised because it looked really stupid in the commercials)

I have not watched most movies on your list S. Shaft was rather surprising and Richard Roundtree + Samuel L Jackson bounced off each other well.

I found Sophie Turner difficult to watch outside GOT. She is far removed from Leona Headey who portrays a different convincing character in all her non GOT productions. Sophie Turner falls flat.

Shazam! I was not wanting to watch it because of the preview. Moving it to my watch list.

Have a great week S!
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    MV5BMGZlNTY1ZWUtYTMzNC00ZjUyLWE0MjQtMTMxN2E3ODYxMWVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I just saw John Wick for the first time. It was ok, couple things I didn't like. But the rest of it was good.
  • BasedGawd412
    BasedGawd412 Posts: 346 Member
    MV5BMGZlNTY1ZWUtYTMzNC00ZjUyLWE0MjQtMTMxN2E3ODYxMWVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Just saw this as well. Good movie but I didn't fall in love with it as I hoped.
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    mleis63xlcu3.jpg

Loved the whole 90's atmosphere and the music....
    Lots of humor & great homage to Stan Lee.....
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Cast Away Love Tom Hanks. I have seen it before but loved watching it again on TV.
    Before that I took my grandchildren to see Toy Story. Don't remember which # film we are up to now. Love the all the Toy Story films. Tom Hanks again!
  • Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    The Mule, Clint Eastwood's latest, probably last film. It's written by the same man who wrote "Gran Torino" which I loved. I didn't like this one as much, but was still entertained. One scene made it not as PG as the other one either if you're thinking of taking children or your grandma.
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    Decided to rewatch Superbad last night.

Even funnier than I remember it being. 😂
    It was nostalgic and fun for me.
  • 777Gemma888
    mattig89ch wrote: »
    I just saw John Wick for the first time. It was ok, couple things I didn't like. But the rest of it was good.

John Wick 4 is slated to come out in 2020
  • 777Gemma888
    edited July 2019

It was definitely targeting a different generation with an extremely Disney Channel type casting, storylines etc.

We are excited about diversifying our Spidey-boy's costumes. Thankfully, he is taller now, so we can order his three versions( worn in the movie - IronMan spidersuit, stealth suit and the hoodie-esque suit when caught inside Mysterio's cube) and cute hoodies to muckabout in via comicon costumers. :)
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Decided to rewatch Superbad last night.

Even funnier than I remember it being. 😂
    It was nostalgic and fun for me.

That movie ALWAYS cracks me up! The cops are effing hilarious!

• jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Not exactly a movie....but now I am all caught up with BILLIONS. :)
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Hotel Mumbai. Good movie but super scary to imagine being in that situation. Night before watched American Hangman. That was very good also.