How to get rid of last bit of belly fat

2»

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    myisha00 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    You are already in a good place. Once you're there and are looking to lose vanity pounds / change your body comp, you can't expect visible changes in 7 weeks. People work on reshaping that last little bit for months and years.

Your skin is always going to be "pinchable" it needs to be able to expand when you flex and move. No matter what you do, it's never going to be completely tight no matter what position you're in. You would be most people's "after" picture, it's really just patience and realistic expectations you need to add to your program!

Thanks so much! I’ll keep working at it. I realize that my skin will always be pinchable but it doesn’t feel like just skin to me. It feels like a layer of fat hiding my lower abs. It’s hard to explain but I can feel my abs under all of it and I hope that if I keep losing body fat they will eventually be revealed. The problem is my face is starting to look so small and I am afraid that if I continue to try and lose body fat it will look worse.

It is and it's perfectly normal. Just about EVERY woman has a layer of fat over their lower abdominals to protect our female organs. That's how nature designed us. I just grabbed a random pic of some shredded women off of the internet and not a single one of them has definition below the belly button (beyond obliques). It's OK to strive for improvement, but don't set yourself up for unrealistic expectations.

y8gpvduchqc1.jpg
  • myisha00
    myisha00 Posts: 12 Member
    Kita1818 wrote: »
    Holy Smokes! @myisha00 You look AMAZING!!!!! You’ve got the 6-pack, washboard abs!!!!
    I think we will always be able to pull loose skin off them with our hands or see it depending on posture.
    But guess what? You are now in my vision board: as in, this is achieveable, this can be done!
    Give yourself a round of applause! Really take a look at your progress and take a moment to feel pride in yourself.

Thank you so much for these kind words! I’m feeling a bit better after hitting the gym today. I’m going to keep pushing on. I’m tired of cutting calories but I am also embarrassed by how big my arms are and confused about why my stomach is not where it was when I was at this weight before especially since I was not lifting weights back then. I was looking forward to this fitness journey but I don’t think I look fit yet. I do feel really strong which keeps me motivated and my lower body is shaping up well. Hopefully my upper body will catch up soon. I’m starting to see the muscles in my upper abs and back which is great. I’m going to try and focus on the positive.
  • myisha00
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Your arms, too, are normal: Slim and shapely, but not skeletal. They're showing some signs of what most people would consider "toned", though not explicitly "ripped". It's hard to tell in your photo, because your arm is relaxed, but I can see definition where your upper arm joins your shoulder at the top, and where your chest muscles join your upper arm at your underarm. Even thin, very fit, muscular women can pinch some skin (and relaxed triceps muscles) in the position you're holding your arm, except maybe some women who are in a dehydrated state prior to a bodybuilding comp (and probably even they can pinch some relaxed triceps, before they pump).

I don't know how else to say it: I fear you're perceiving your body in a negative way that doesn't reflect objective reality. Please keep up with a healthy routine: Eating enough, a well-balanced diet, working out in a sensible way. And please consider looking for some help with framing your self image in a way that reflects the lovely young woman that other people see when they look at you!
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Your arms, too, are normal: Slim and shapely, but not skeletal. They're showing some signs of what most people would consider "toned", though not explicitly "ripped". It's hard to tell in your photo, because your arm is relaxed, but I can see definition where your upper arm joins your shoulder at the top, and where your chest muscles join your upper arm at your underarm. Even thin, very fit, muscular women can pinch some skin (and relaxed triceps muscles) in the position you're holding your arm, except maybe some women who are in a dehydrated state prior to a bodybuilding comp (and probably even they can pinch some relaxed triceps, before they pump).

I don't know how else to say it: I fear you're perceiving your body in a negative way that doesn't reflect objective reality. Please keep up with a healthy routine: Eating enough, a well-balanced diet, working out in a sensible way. And please consider looking for some
  • myisha00
    One last update. Below are my fat loss results from my InBody scan today.

Results on 4.21
    kizq0fm2c815.jpeg

Results on 6.30
    7nmyekyp5uic.jpeg

Surprisingly I actually have lost quiet a bit in my belly over the pass 2 months according to the result but only 1/2 pound in my arms. Maybe I need to just focus on toning my stomach and arms?

I’ve been skinny before but this time I want to be strong and look strong and I don’t think I look like a woman who works out 5 times a week but realistically maybe I am expecting too much for how long it’s been.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    myisha00 wrote: »
    One last update. Below are my fat loss results from my InBody scan today.

Results on 4.21
    kizq0fm2c815.jpeg

Results on 6.30
    7nmyekyp5uic.jpeg

Surprisingly I actually have lost quiet a bit in my belly over the pass 2 months according to the result but only 1/2 pound in my arms. Maybe I need to just focus on toning my stomach and arms?

I’ve been skinny before but this time I want to be strong and look strong and I don’t think I look like a woman who works out 5 times a week but realistically maybe I am expecting too much for how long it’s been.
    Totally this. Patience is your friend.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,730 Member
    Genetics determines where your body stores fat. As a female, you are biologically programmed to store some fat to ensure your ability to bear children in times of scarcity.

I am 5'6" and 124 lbs. You can count all my ribs, my back, shoulders and chest are bony, I have no butt or breasts -- but I still have a soft round belly. I could lose 10 more pounds - but I don't think the results would be worth it just to have less of a stomach.