Sleeve vs. old fashion way

Options
2»

Replies

• twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am in the Bariatric clinic, I am going to have the gastric Bypass. I attended the seminar with the Dr that does the surgery and he talked about the sleeve and the gastric bypass. He stated that he has patients that have the surgery and never lose a lb. The surgery is not a miracle pill. You still have to do the work. It is possible to gain all the weight back. I am in a pre- surgery program I have to attend 8 out of 12 nutritional classes and have a 1 on 1 with the dietitian and see a psychiatrist and three month program with a dietitian once i check off all the boxes I will be having the Bypass. I'm not lazy but my stomach doesn't empty like it should and my fat cells are having a party the bypass should take care of that. The Surgeon told me BC I have severe Gerd (acid Reflex) and stomach problems the sleeve is not an option for me. I have to have the bypass.

Weigh your options go online and study study study I know 2 people with the sleeve and they both lost over 100lb You have to decide but choose a Dr that has a weight-loss clinic there are at-least 25 people in my classes and we talk and share info and some had the sleeve and are now in the clinic BC they need the Bypass. the sleeve is done on people who need to lose a lot of weight and once they drop 100lbs they get the Bypass to reach there goals if your more than 300lbs you might need both surgeries unless your very discipline with your meals. Good-luck with whatever you decide.