lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on the HCG diet

Options

Replies

• Lindalsc
    Options
    What is the HCG Diet. Please explain because I would like to try it...
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

smh
    and the cycle continues.
  • smersh
    smersh Posts: 36
    Options

No, you really don't.

Unless injecting the urine of pregnant women into your body while only eating 500 calories a day sounds like a good idea to you.

Protip: The weight may come off, but it'll be lean body mass, not fat. And it'll come right back the instant you leave the diet.
  • idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Options

No, you really don't.

Unless injecting the urine of pregnant women into your body while only eating 500 calories a day sounds like a good idea to you.

Protip: The weight may come off, but it'll be lean body mass, not fat. And it'll come right back the instant you leave the diet.

I'm not pro HCG, and I would discourage almost anyone from doing a 500 calorie day diet long term. But for you to say you would lean body mass and not fat is just ridiculous. Why do people have to get on here and say the most ridiculous things? You may lose a higher percentage of body mass to fat compared to a more quality diet, but take the time to say that.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else seem to have an issue with finding HCG in PEE??? Hello people? It is in PEE. Nevermind the low caloric intake, gaining it back etc etc... IT IS IN PEE.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    Not this again.........................

Yup...at LEAST once a week....:yawn:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I agree that it depends on how high your body fat % was before. If your weight was putting you at risk for serious illnesses or if you already have them then I think drastic measures such as HCG or lapband are fine. But if you are at a point where a low calorie diet and exercise would be sufficient then I would say to steer clear of it.

You can't compare HCG and a lapband.

An argument can be made that some instances of morbid obesity place a person at such high risk that drastic interventions can be justified--even if they don't have best long-term success rates. It can be considered a crisis situation where you do whatever you have to do to get weight off initially and work on the long-term stuff later.

The problem with HCG is that it is a scam. The objective research has shown it is no better than a placebo and that all the weight loss effects occur because of the very low calorie diet (VLCD). If a doctor felt that a medically supervised VLCD was called for, that's one thing, but HCG doesn't fall under that category.
  • AMarlene
    AMarlene Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OK really my last comment...I had no idea HCG was such a hot button on MFP...LMAO. Best wishes to everyone- no matter what your chosen path is!!! Now offically my comments will be kept to myself
  • amybus
    amybus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Never even heard of the HCG diet, but it seems like fooling your body into believing something that's not true can't be healthy.

Just my opinion.
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    Does anybody else seem to have an issue with finding HCG in PEE??? Hello people? It is in PEE. Nevermind the low caloric intake, gaining it back etc etc... IT IS IN PEE.

LOL. Exactly. Sorry, but anyone who attempts this diet does NOT care about their health. Period.
  • idwoof
    idwoof Posts: 76
    Options
    I agree that it depends on how high your body fat % was before. If your weight was putting you at risk for serious illnesses or if you already have them then I think drastic measures such as HCG or lapband are fine. But if you are at a point where a low calorie diet and exercise would be sufficient then I would say to steer clear of it.

An argument can be made that some instances of morbid obesity place a person at such high risk that drastic interventions can be justified--even if they don't have best long-term success rates. It can be considered a crisis situation where you do whatever you have to do to get weight off initially and work on the long-term stuff later.

The problem with HCG is that it is a scam. The objective research has shown it is no better than a placebo and that all the weight loss effects occur because of the very low calorie diet (VLCD). If a doctor felt that a medically supervised VLCD was called for, that's one thing, but HCG doesn't fall under that category.

I take it back then. I really haven't done much research on either, so I will take your word for it. Thank you.
    The main point I was trying to get at is what you mentioned. When it has become a crisis situation I have no problem with a 500 calorie diet.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Losing 10# in 2 weeks of starting any diet and exercise routine is not unusual. Taking HCG is crazy! Messing with your bodies natural systems is not a good idea.

I have been here eating net 1200+ and lost 63 pounds. Exercise and eating well, best way to lose.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm leary of it. There is no information on long term 'side' effects.

Two people I know personally have tried it, lost weight, and then put back on that weight plus more.

Just use MFP, it works! I've lost 60 pounds in 5 months and I feel great.

Dr OZ was doing a show on it, I missed it though. Riding ATVs took precedence.

*** Besides, isn't the HCG a human growth hormone the female body produces during pregnancy?
    It is I am pretty sure they get it from womens urine. Doctor Oz wasn't opposed to the shots. But he was very opposed to the minuscule 500 calories allowed.
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have had several friends do the diet and lose 10-15lbs in just 3 weeks, and immediately gain the weight back because they couldn't sustain the strict calorie intake even at the "maintenance" phase of HCG. I've also researched side effects of HCG because I considered trying the hormone myself. There is evidence that it has caused people to have strokes (just like birth control does in some women). I asked my doctor about it and he did not okay it.
    I did 51lbs on four months. Got off blood pressure meds after 11 yrs. Got a personal trainer and didn't experience a weight gain when i increases my cals to 1500-2000. I followed the plan to a T and never felt better! Its meant to give a kick start for one to change their lifestyle.
  • seasonalvoodoo
    seasonalvoodoo Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Losing 10# in 2 weeks of starting any diet and exercise routine is not unusual. Taking HCG is crazy! Messing with your bodies natural systems is not a good idea.

I have been here eating net 1200+ and lost 63 pounds. Exercise and eating well, best way to lose.

So true. I lost 7 lbs my first week just by cutting portion sizes and eating better.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    People are constantly saying it's unhealthy etc... My view on it, I take no side on it. Lets just assume it's unhealthy... I can promise you 95% of people who posted on this topic who said it's unhealthy, also have an unhealthy diet.

WHat is a healthy diet... Raw organic vegetables, and organ lean meats. If you have processed foods in your diary, you have no room to talk. Also diet high in carbs isn't healthy either.
  • portexploit
    Options

I take it back then. I really haven't done much research on either, so I will take your word for it. Thank you.
    The main point I was trying to get at is what you mentioned. When it has become a crisis situation I have no problem with a 500 calorie diet.

HCG makes it easier to eat 500 calories a day, it's a "tool" sure you get the same results as if you ate 500 calories a day. IF eating 500 calories with out HCG is 10x harder, what's the point?
  • portexploit
    Options
    I also know a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight on it. Anytime you drop weight that fast, you so easily gain it back. Do you feel energetic? Food should be fuel. If you lack energy and it's not a type of diet you can maintain for a long period of time, its almost always going to be an eventual fail. Balance is the key. Slow/steady weight loss is so much easier to maintain, much healthier and your body LOOKS better the more time you take to get it there.

Are you saying your friend's didn't keep the weight off???

To everyone else... I am not saying it's healthy, and I am not saying it's not healthy. We can't be so quick to judge..

If all the get thin quick scams worked - not one of us would be on this website, now would we? Quick to judge something that screams of unhealthy? Come on now.

Just as uneahtly as lapband, or diets recommended to people by doctors.
  • portexploit
    Options
    I also know a lot of people who've lost a lot of weight on it. Anytime you drop weight that fast, you so easily gain it back. Do you feel energetic? Food should be fuel. If you lack energy and it's not a type of diet you can maintain for a long period of time, its almost always going to be an eventual fail. Balance is the key. Slow/steady weight loss is so much easier to maintain, much healthier and your body LOOKS better the more time you take to get it there.

Are you saying your friend's didn't keep the weight off???

To everyone else... I am not saying it's healthy, and I am not saying it's not healthy. We can't be so quick to judge..

Well, then, I'll save you the trouble.

It's not healthy.
    Why not?
  • portexploit
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

No way *I* would do it, thanks.

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.

I agree.

WHere does it say it's unhealthy or unsustainable?

Give me an effing break - eating only 500 calories a day is NOT sustainable for long term. Plain and simple. And injecting yourself with a hormone that makes your body think it is pregnant? Think that is a good idea for long term weight loss success?

Eat right. Eat smaller portions. Workout.

The keys to long term weight loss success.

Argue if you want - but it is common sense.

Yeah it's common sense you need a caloric deficit, that's a given. Then what happens when you lose all your weight o your caloric deficit? You eat at your maintaince calories. Can this work on HCG TOO??? OMG WHAT A BREAK THROUGH OF COMMON SENSE.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!