Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    YomiRizer wrote: »
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Seems really rude to kick a man when he is actively on his way down in size. I know my weight causes some of the issues I am having but I don't need someone rubbing my nose in it.

I would keep trying to find a doctor that will listen to you. Mine was confused initially by what was happening to me but he listened and trusted that I watch myself enough to know the difference between water and fat gain.

I'm now 360 lbs. I've gained 10 more lbs in a week.

I'm going to echo @NovusDies and @PAV8888 here OP. I don't know about PAV, but I do know Novus has lost an enormous amount of weight and has a solid idea of what he's talking about.

My own personal experience was caring for my dad who had similar issues to what you're describing. I hope you find another doctor soon. There's got to be at least one who's willing to work with you.

I should be moving within the next month, so maybe I'll get better help there. I just don't get it, if something was seriously wrong with me. Shouldn't I have other symptoms than just massive water gain?

I am not a doctor and I have not have a lot of experience with personal medical problems to know. It seems like some things can sneak up on you though. I don't think there is any reason to worry in advance since this can and does happen to people who lose a large amount of weight. You may just need a diuretic to help you regulate I did.

In any case you need a good doctor. Even just being in a calorie deficit most of 3 years is a good reason to be under medical supervision.
  • promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    PS: we know of a man that was on such salt-restriction that it caused a terrible outcome. Unfortunately, he was in a car wreck and at the scene of the accident the EMT's rushed in a drip-line. His system was used to so little salt that the infusion caused terrible damage and the outcome was ultimately fatal. I have some RN training and, unless your doctor has put you on salt restrictions and is monitoring you as you make adjustments toward better health, I wouldn't think minimizing salt (except table salt) is a good idea because we have a sodium/potassium pump that needs balance and the potassium intake window for your heart is very small.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Seems really rude to kick a man when he is actively on his way down in size. I know my weight causes some of the issues I am having but I don't need someone rubbing my nose in it.

I would keep trying to find a doctor that will listen to you. Mine was confused initially by what was happening to me but he listened and trusted that I watch myself enough to know the difference between water and fat gain.

I'm now 360 lbs. I've gained 10 more lbs in a week.

I'm going to echo @NovusDies and @PAV8888 here OP. I don't know about PAV, but I do know Novus has lost an enormous amount of weight and has a solid idea of what he's talking about.

My own personal experience was caring for my dad who had similar issues to what you're describing. I hope you find another doctor soon. There's got to be at least one who's willing to work with you.

I should be moving within the next month, so maybe I'll get better help there. I just don't get it, if something was seriously wrong with me. Shouldn't I have other symptoms than just massive water gain?

The massive water gain was something my dad lived with for a long time off and on. I'm not a doctor, but I can say that he did have other issues that his water gain and weight issues masked. Not long before he passed he was admitted to another hospital under a team that specialized in failing kidneys, liver etc.

After cleaning up the mess of conflicting medicines his other docs had prescribed for him, they informed him that both kidneys and liver were just about gone.

I am not saying I think that's an issue with you, again, I'm not a doctor and wouldn't try to diagnose you over the web if I were. I'm simply highlighting the issue that there may well be more going on than a simple dietary change would fix.

I truly hope you're able to find a decent doctor soon. It really may be that you just need a strict dietary regimen, I do not know. I just like to see people err on the side of safety and caution.