JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    Hi all, happy Friday! It’s a very happy one for me. I was due to have a half day today to make up for all the extra cover I’ve been doing and planning time missed but my boss very sweetly gave me the whole day off instead! Took the kids to school then decided to try running around the Heath near their school for a change rather than the pavements I keep falling on. I had lots of time, and although it was hot I felt quite strong. So I pushed myself and....drumroll...did a half marathon!! Me! Can’t believe it! It was super hilly in places, bumpy, full of dogs, people, prams etc so I am delighted I completed it at all. Managed 2hrs 15 mins. A way off my 10 mile pace but I don’t care! It’s still a major achievement.

That is awesome! Congratulations on such a great achievement!
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Hi all:
    Working to get back in a routine. Had a bit of travelling with family last few weeks. I've been sleeping in alot since off so at least getting plenty of sleep, tho not getting to the gym. 3 months until my oldest son's wedding, so have to get my butt in gear with losing the fat/weight.

yesterday's reality : as much as I love ice cream (even low carb), it doesn't love me. The upset gut just isn't happy times.
    today - mail off keys
    dog to vet
    clean, set up art pile in office
    drink water
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Hi all! Yesterday I definitely did not stay in my calories..I didn't even try to log but if I took a wild guess I'd say it was at least around 3,500, very likely more. Oh well, today is a new day and I'm only just now starting to get a little hungry.

For some reason I'm exhausted today even though I slept till 10! I'm just laying on the couch now, but I did finish the first time home buyers course this morning so I haven't been completely useless 😂😂. Our closing is two weeks from today..I can't believe how fast it's coming up!

Anyways, I hope everyone has a great day 😎.

Yesterday 7/4:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within 1700 calories😞 not even remotely close
    3. Start first time home buyer class😁 started yesterday and finished today!

JFT 7/5:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,328 Member
    Just for Thursday, July 4
    1. Journal every bite and every oz of water :)
    2. Drink >90 oz of water :#I did drink more than usual though, so I'm giving myself a win on this.
    3. 30 minutes activity - Wii, Leslie Sansone DVD, or Body Groove :)
    4. Begin strength training with small weights. Find video for proper technique. :sWell, I went to the basement to get the weights and work out to a video, but got distracted by my quilt squares sitting there begging me to start sewing them together.... I'll call this one self-care.
    5. Quilting :D
    6. July Budget ;) Started....ongoing.
    7. Prep & pack laptop bag for tomorrow, tonight :)
    8. Pre-journal tomorrow's meals and snacks :)
    9. Gratitude Journal :/ | Read JM, DO or SA :) | Listen to Calm/Headspace :) | Read mystery :) | Lights out by 10:30 :)
    10. Set alarm for 30 minutes earlier :) and get up without hitting snooze >:)
    11. Eat Breakfast tomorrow before leaving for work. >:)o:)Well, I didn't get up early enough to eat before leaving the house, but I did pack it with my lunch and ate it right when I got to work. Baby steps, right?

• Eat only when sitting :)
    • Eat mindfully, putting down fork between bites :)
    • Resist temptation :)
    • Give myself credit :)
    • Rewrite and review Response cards >:)

Sure is quiet here at work today. There are only 3 people here on the 1st floor of our building. I think 6 cars total in the parking lot. It is so silent you could literally hear someone drop a paperclip. It's a good day for getting things done but the day sure is dragging.....

I've been really reflecting on how badly I've dropped the ball these past several months. I have let family stressors sabotage my health. I let that happen, and I should not have. I know better. I need to start reminding myself that this is not a diet. This is a healthy lifestyle that I want to adopt so I can be here to enjoy my family and retirement for as many years as I possibly can. So I have and will be setting myself a few goals which I hope to turn into habits.

July Goal: Meal Plan each week and stick to the plan. Pre-journal every evening for the next day. Meal Plans will be written out on Saturday and run from Sunday through Saturday.
    • 1st week of July was done. Very non-compliant, Need to plan better.

Weekly Goal for July 7 - July 13: Get up in the morning without hitting snooze. Eat breakfast before leaving the house.

Just for Today, 7/5/2019
    1. Journal every bite and every oz of water
    2. Drink >68 oz of water
    3. 30 minutes activity - Wii, Leslie Sansone DVD, or Body Groove
    4. Begin strength training with small weights. Find video for proper technique.
    5. Quilting
    6. July Budget
    7. Prep & pack laptop bag for tomorrow, tonight
    8. Pre-journal tomorrow's meals and snacks
    9. Gratitude Journal | Read JM, DO or SA | Listen to Calm/Headspace | Read mystery | Lights out by 10:30
    10. Set alarm for 30 minutes earlier and get up without hitting snooze
    11. Eat Breakfast tomorrow before leaving for work.
    • Eat only when sitting
    • Eat mindfully, putting down fork between bites
    • Resist temptation
    • Give myself credit
    • Rewrite and review Response cards

Theme for 2019: Tenacity

• PackerFanInGB
    @Bex953172 How did it go today? Did you make it on time?

@cschmitz110515 You are a better woman than I am. You couldn't pay me enough to walk Maddie in this heat! She doesn't seem to mind as much anymore though since we fenced in the back yard for her. She LOVES being the little Queen of her Domain.

@mytime6630 Hi!!! Hope you are doing well. I haven't read posts yet so I hope I haven't missed any big news.

@bookmeister86 You have a solid plan going into tonight, it sounds like! I didn't realize you were applying for jobs! Are they outside your company or within? Good luck! I know how much you have given in your current position and sometimes it's just time to move forward. xoxo

@Snowflake1968 HAVE THE BEST TIME EVER THIS WEEKEND! I can't wait to read about your new job! I didn't realize you were working again. That must be a relief, because I know you were getting bored.

@Faebert Did you fall a second time? It sounds like you've got some sore knees? Sore knees or not, you kicked butt today girl! Good job! :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    @cory17 HEY!!! Nice to see you! :flowerforyou:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,031 Member
    JFT 2019

Goals for Fri 05/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😄
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😄
    • follow through 😄
    • Hydration 😄

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😄 9200+
    • 15+ mins strength 😄
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😄

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😄
    • look after dogs 😄
    • Parchment Craft after lunch 😄
    • gardening (if the weather stays fine) 😄 Over an hour trimming lawn edges and pruning bushes
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😄
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😄

Goals for Sat 06/07
      FOOD:
      • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
      • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
      • follow through
      • Hydration

EXERCISE:
      • 6000+ steps
      • 15+ mins strength
      • 15+ mins flexibility

OTHER:
      • Meditation
      • look after dogs
      • Local shopping
      • gardening (if the weather stays fine)
      • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
      • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 5 July

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge >:) weather was not on my side!
    Apr challenge :)
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    Jul challenge o:) I tried and was hopeless!

Early start for me!

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 940 Member

JFT 5th July

Log everything yes, everything
    Stay in the green no, 1504 calories
    Back exercises yes
    Big shop, bank yes
    Visit parents yes
    Wash car, at least do the windscreen yes, all except the wheels, hate doing the wheels
    Prep and load car for work trip tomorrow yes, even the sandwiches are made :)
    Water plant pots for weekend yes
    Keep reminding myself how much I want this really needed to do this today!

Had to keep reminding myself today that I wouldn't be happy if I ate way above my calories, as I really wanted to! I'm extra tired (never sleep well) and fed up of being in pain, and just wanted to eat. Some days are just worse than others, hopefully tomorrow will be better :)
    Managed to keep the extras to a few crackers and some cheese.

My aim for the weekend is the same as last week, no takeaway, I have a planned low cal meal for tomorrow night when I'm away. If I don't take snacks I can't eat them.

@Snowflake1968, have a lovely time. Hope to see some photos later :)

@Faebert, huge applause to you for running the half marathon length, especially as you've been injured!

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    OI! It's been a week and I'm 120 posts behind! Lol. I really am terrible at this whole posting thing. Sometimes I'm pretty consistent and then other times I just fall off the map. I'm like that with all social media though. Lol. My eating has been strange, to say the least. Money has been an issue recently as neither Matt or I are working at the moment so my eating has been rather sporadic at best. I know that most days I probably haven't even been meeting the calorie goal that will let me close my food diary(if I was even keeping the diary).

Matt has been feeling loads better though! The doctor changed his diet around and he had an endoscopy done last week(or was it two weeks ago? Lol) and it turns out that he has two really bad ulcers. One is about 1 inch in diameter and the other is a 1/2 inch. So the doc gave him some medicine to help with that so I think it's a combination of the two that is really helping. I just feel bad because his diet is really restrictive. No chocolate or caffeine. And we just discovered that ranch dressing is leading to some of the bloating he's been having so that's out and a few other things. We're hoping that once the ulcers are taken care of that we'll be able to introduce a small amount of some foods back into his diet. But right now we just want him to get all the way better. He thinks that he might be able to start working again in the next 2 to 3 weeks. We are REALLY hoping that this is true because any kind of money is better than the NO money we have right now. He has a follow-up appt with the doc on the 17th so I'm hoping that we can bring the return to work form with us and the doc will fill it out so that Matt can go back to work after that.

I've also been brainstorming a new story idea for the last 3 days. I am super excited because I haven't been this inspired in a REALLY long time. It feels really really nice to have this kind of enthusiasm for an idea again. I really feel like we are starting to crest the hill that we've been climbing for the last year!

I'm not going to post any goals for today only because it's already after 5 and I've been fighting a migraine all day but I am DEFINITELY going to come back in the morning and post some goals. I need to get back into the swing of have a structure in my life because right now I am just squandering away my time.

I hope everyone is having a great night! And that all the American's on here had a great 4th!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    I did finish the first time home buyers course this morning so I haven't been completely useless 😂😂. Our closing is two weeks from today..I can't believe how fast it's coming up!

I never heard of such a course. Is it a requirement from your mortgagor?
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 5 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    July challenge
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well, my plan for not overeating at my friend's dinner didn't go so well!

Details below, but I've learned two things:

- It's not enough to plan to 'take sensible portions' because when you're at people's place for dinner they often just hand you your portion. So you need to be prepared to either jump in and say "just a small portion for me" OR not eat all of what they give you. I think I will try the first one next time as I don't really like not finishing food, although I know this is something I have to learn.
    - I just have very ingrained habits about the way I eat on social occasions. It is just habitual behaviour for me to over-eat when I am out, so it's really difficult to change this. I've made really good process on my 'everyday eating' and I think my 'everyday eating' is pretty habitually good now. But socially I have always, always, overeaten (to let you into a personal secret: I have barely ever had a birthday where I haven't ended up being sick from eating too much). It is just what I do.... Until now. I am going to change it. But I have to be realistic about the size of the challenge because when you have always had a particular way of eating, it's really hard to change that quickly. I need to be patient with myself and potentially try to change habits little by little rather than expecting myself to make too much progress too quickly.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - Minimise pre-dinner snacks and drinks, if offered - small quantity of snacks for politeness only and one drink :/Pre-dinner snacks were crisps which are a real weakness of mine. I started well, taking one at once and leaving big gaps and eating slowly. But then they kept refilling the bowl! And they were literally right in front of me and I gave up and just ate.
    - Take sensible portion of main course and eat slowly and mindfully so as to appreciate it :/Didn't do this one either, my host offered seconds and I did not say no. However, I don't think this course was too fattening so it probably didn't make too much difference.
    - Take small portion of dessert for the taste only. Savour it! I was given a large portion and ate it. I did enjoy it though.
    - Watch the amount I'm drinking - log as I go so as not to rack up the calories too much (will work out ideal calories before)Pretty much ignored this one
    - Take bottle of tasty soft drink to fill up with Well I did take it. But then I put it in the fridge to cool and forgot it was there and just drank wine...
    - Stay within maintenance :DHahahahahaa NO
    - 4 bottles water :|3.5
    - Run to work :)

- No eating whilst standing :smile:
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral:You know the weird thing is I'm not sure I actually had sabotaging thoughts that led me to eat. I think just ate because that is what I do on those situations - it's how I've always eaten, habitual behaviour.
    - Give myself credit! :smile: To be fair, I actually was proud of myself earlier in the afternoon because I was a bit down mid-afternoon and almost ate chocolate Hobnobs that were in the office, but stopped myself. I was pleased with that. And this is good because actually perhaps without that I would have descended into a binge
    - Stay positive :neutral:

- 45+ minute lunch break :/Zero lunch break
    - Read response cards x2 :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo :neutral:Duolingo only
    - Leave work by 6pm :smile:

Today will be a big challenge for me. It's my friend's birthday and we're going for a picnic in the park. Picnics are a big danger for me, they are full of food I like, and alcohol which makes you eat more, and you just sit there and graze for hours and rack up the calories. I'm going to do my best to moderate myself though, here is the plan:

- Take a specific quantity of low-calorie G&T and do not drink ANYTHING that others have brought
    - Take a big bottle of soft drink to keep myself full (and remember that I have it this time, lol - should be easier as there will be no fridge to stash it in and forget it)
    - Only take healthy foods to contribute to the food pile (I'm thinking strawberries, carrots and olives)
    - Log food AS I GO and watch the calories. Don't go over maintenance
    - ABSOLUTELY NO CRISPS (once I start, I can't stop - and I ate enough of them yesterday)
    - Join in with any active games (e.g. frisbee) to take myself away from food

Let's see if this plan is more successful than yesterday's!

So, other commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stay within maintenance
    - 4 bottles water or equivalent
    - Exercise DVD

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!

- Read Response Cards twice at least
    - Meditate (on train)
    - Duolingo
    - Train home before midnight (ideally earlier)

Weekly calorie balance: 1140 in the red (damn those crisps and chocolate dessert/ice cream)

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    JFT 7/5 Recap

90 Minutes exercise :/ 65 minutes
    Stay within calories >:)
    Healthy Choices >:)
    More Vegs :/
    Lots of water :/

Not a healthy day by any stretch! I did get some exercise in but then went to a neighborhood party and undid all my good work. I don't socialize much with my neighbors though so it was good to hang out and have some fun. Up with the chickens today like usual. Have a lot to do work wise and to get ready for vacation. I won't be on much for the next week because I'll be having fun in NY and Montreal!

JFT 7/6-7/13

Have fun!
    Be mindful!
    Say yes to activities and experiences that are not planned!
    Embrace your spouse as he is and be open!

As you can see from this list I tend to be a control freak so my goal is to let things go and just try to be in the moments and enjoy.

See you all in a week!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Prep cheese and build parfait for Saturday.
    3. Review tour guide script. Quiz. Put jewelry away. Prelog food for Saturday. Finish "Villains" blog post.
    4. Practice sheet music. Read Delusions of Gender & update Goodreads. Look for sunblock at Walgreens. Spiderman? Dinner with B?
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack dinner. Duo. Gratitude journal. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Review script during breaks. Draft blog post.
    3. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. D list: load/run dishwasher. Groceries.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. Shower. Bed.
    7. Meeting 9:15 Friday. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Yay! No more 15-hour days, at least not this year. My feet are very grateful. I was a lot more tired yesterday than I was Wednesday, even though I was only at the park for 20 minutes longer than on Tuesday. Dear union members and anarchists, thank you for fighting for an 8-hour day. I'm glad that long days are the exception rather than the norm!
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Yesterday was mixed
    So jft fri

1 eat at maintenance ..... yes not bad
    2 walk or bike...... walk yes not enough
    3 foundry visit....... yes stressful
    4 modelmaking...... yes good session
    5 guitar practice...... a bit
    6 check back in....... yes

So jft sat
    1 eat at maintenance
    2 walk plus a bit of elliptical
    3 guitar
    4 modelmaking
    5 tidy up
    6 check back in

Happy weekend everyone!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Joining in with everyone that’s had a not great start to the weekend. Was not hungry yesterday despite the massive run and ended the day with something crazy like a 1500 deficit. Well this morning the hunger found me and I’ve been like an animal. Took the kids to an adventure climbing place and it was super stressful getting there due to random road closures and I hadn’t eaten enough so it all got too much. Easy to see the reasons why after the event isn’t it?!

It’s lunchtime now and I’ve put on the metaphorical brakes. Going to give the house a deep clean and if there’s time tackle a bit of gardening.

Saturday goals:
    - rest day post long run ✅
    - Take kids to Go Ape for 9:30 ✅
    - Cleaning
    - Laundry
    - Gardening
    - Call bank for replacement card
    - Bed by 10

Let’s get this weekend turned around! X
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning! Yesterday I gave in to the pie again 😭, I'm not even really that much of a pie person but something about these pies are insanely good! I need to get my self control back, it's not like I'll never get to experience the pie again if I don't eat it, they sell it at the grocery store 5 minutes from our house. 🙄

@cschmitz110515 yes, the lender required it. It was pretty interesting, it covered everything from credit, choosing a mortgage, home inspections, the closing process, etc.

I got a call from the realtor yesterday that the seller may need to push back the closing a week. A little disappointing but not a big deal, he has been super accommodating for us so it's really the least we can do, he may not even need the extension anyway. She is supposed to let us know within the week.

Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday 7/5:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😑 I came SO close, less than 200 short ( I probably actually did get 5,000, just didn't have my phone on me tracking my steps)

JFT 7/6:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Do workout
    5. Cook dinner
  • PackerFanInGB
    Good morning! I'm not even going to bother marking how I did yesterday because it was pretty much a bust. Way too ambitious for a Friday when I had to work all day. Moving goals to today when they are much more likely to get done! I really need to stop setting myself up for failure and be more realistic in what I WANT to accomplish, as well as reasonably CAN accomplish. Otherwise, I don't even want to log on and update my statuses because in my mind I failed.

It's raining this morning, a light gray drizzly kind of day, so I didn't do the farmer's market. If it clears up later, I hope to get outside and pick some weeds from our flower beds. I don't do well with the hot humid weather we've had lately. It tends to cause my bad arm to swell from lymphedema. So, I've spent a lot of time inside lately. I'm thankful the lady across the street has such a beautiful yard where she plants so many different color flowers that I enjoy out our front window. I just love flowers. :smile:

I've joined the Half Size Me community recently and am participating in a challenge called "Getting Started for the Last Time". I'm hoping it will help give me insights, between the course and the members participating, that will resonate with me. I'll let you know how it goes! If it turns out the cost is not worth what I get out of it, I will cancel my membership, but I really enjoy the podcasts and realistic approach to losing and maintaining that Heather talks about so am giving it a shot.

Just for Today, 7/6/2019
    1. Journal every bite and every oz of water
    2. Drink >68 oz of water
    3. 30 minutes activity - Wii, Leslie Sansone DVD, Body Groove or gym
    4. Begin strength training with small weights. Find video for proper technique.
    5. Listen to Half Size Me Lesson 1: Getting Started for the Last Time
    6. Start on July Budget
    7. Meal plan for Sunday through Saturday and make grocery list
    8. Pre-journal tomorrow's meals and snacks
    9. Gratitude Journal | Read JM, DO or SA | Listen to Calm/Headspace | Read current mystery | Lights out by 10:30
    • Eat only while sitting
    • Eat mindfully, putting down fork between bites
    • Self-talk when tempted
    • Give myself credit
    • Positive self-talk
    • Rewrite and review Response cards

July Goal: Meal Plan each week and stick to the plan. Pre-journal every evening for the next day. Meal Plans will be written out on Saturday and run from Sunday through Saturday.
      [*] 1st week of July: Done. :smile: Very non-compliant, Need to plan better.
      [*] 2nd week of July:
      [*] 3rd week of July:
      [*] 4th week of July:

Weekly Goal for July 7 - July 13:
      Get up in the morning without hitting snooze. Eat breakfast before leaving the house.
      • Monday:
      • Tuesday:
      • Wednesday:
      • Thursday:
      • Friday:

Theme for 2019: Tenacity