JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Faebert wrote: »
    @clicketykeys and @littleblackskirt - thank you. Feeling happy with the muscle definition. Other than bodyweight stuff I don’t lift anything heavier than 6-8kg dumbbells and a kettlebell that’s maybe 10 or 12 in my boot camp class? Just goes to show you don’t have to lift super heavy!

And I lost around 50lbs in total since I started on Mfp. Some days feel like maintenance is harder than losing. That’s why I’m so grateful to have this group to keep me focussed. Thank you so much for your kind words xx

You look fantastic!!! This is very inspiring! I'm so glad to hear that you don't have to lift really heavy weights to get some definition and benefit. Love your new pic! xo
  • PackerFanInGB
    @maryrobinson40 I am SO sorry to hear about your brother! I have been MIA much too long it seems. I feel terrible I didn't know about this until now. Hugs to you, my dear friend! You have a beautiful family, and like others said...your daughter in the polka dot dress caught my eye too. What a beautiful smile she has! xoxo
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,064 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

@PackerFanInGB i keep meaning to tell you, them pot towels are AMAZING! At first i wondered if they were actually going to protect my hands because i normally fold a teatowel over about 3 times. But i didnt feel a thing!!

9w52260clg02.jpg

I'm so glad they work for you! I felt silly for even sending them, because after I told her I sent those along, she said that you have different stoves over there and the pots don't get hot to the touch. I was so embarrassed thinking you must've wondered what the heck I made them for! :smile: Hahaha!

Haha we do! Our pans have heat proof handles! But getting stuff out the oven like trays and dishes! Its perfect!
    Ive had oven gloves that have been 3x as thick and still felt thd heat through them!

I love them!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 19 April

I thought I posted goals this morning but apparently not!

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:) I came home tired and hungry and fancied pizza so just 2 fruit at lunch time
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge >:)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :) I've been on my feet outdoors all of today
    April challenge :) I'm tired but in a nice way as I've spent the day helping my friend with her horses. I will be up at 05:00 tomorrow to go to a horse show with her and she's asked me to ride one of them in couple of classes. I am lucky to have this opportunity.
  • PackerFanInGB

@PackerFanInGB i keep meaning to tell you, them pot towels are AMAZING! At first i wondered if they were actually going to protect my hands because i normally fold a teatowel over about 3 times. But i didnt feel a thing!!

9w52260clg02.jpg

I'm so glad they work for you! I felt silly for even sending them, because after I told her I sent those along, she said that you have different stoves over there and the pots don't get hot to the touch. I was so embarrassed thinking you must've wondered what the heck I made them for! :smile: Hahaha!

P.S by "her", I mean my mom! LOL!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Okay, I just read the past 9 pages. I still have many more i haven't seen but I might have to just give up on getting completely caught up!

Snowflake: GOOD LUCK with the job! I'm so excited for you and I hope it works out for you. When an opportunity presents itself, take it and figure out how to do it later. That's a meme I saw when I applied for the job i'm in now! LOL! It's working out okay so far...

Bookmeister: HAVE FUN in France!

Aubrey: I'm so glad you found your dogs! We are finally going to put up a fence for ours. My little sassbox takes off every chance she gets!

So many of you I want to write to, but I'm done working for the day so heading out. I'll hop on later!

So happy to have "seen" you all. I missed you! :heart:

• Tiggeroo2321
    Tiggeroo2321 Posts: 22 Member
    So intermittent fasting was out the door today as I ate lunch and snacks today, but I'm under my calorie goal and I walked about 75 minutes today! My goal for tomorrow is to get back on track with my IF and to walk another 75 minutes!! :) Good Luck to y'all who are doing Just for Today!
  • GarysGirl81
    GarysGirl81 Posts: 34 Member
    Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well. Didn’t post my JFT goals today but I reached them. I started a water fast yesterday and so far I feel great. They say day 2 is the worst though. Hit my exercise goals though. I plan on checking in but with it being a holiday wknd, we will see. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    @Snowflake1968 yes we were open today, but the boss let us leave early so that was nice 😊

@HEGoddard0928 congrats on the job!! I hope Matt continues to feel better

@mizzelegant97 welcome!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday April 20

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    January challenge
    February challenge
    March challenge
    April challenge
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Morning all, sunny here again today and forecast to be hot. Yesterday was a bit of a bust after my run. I was tired and just couldn’t be bothered. Gave myself a break, ate what I wanted, didn’t go and see the bf. Then got irritated because actually none of that made me particularly happy so I returned to my JFT list of goals and got most of them ticked off! So today I am going to do my Warrior class, a few errands and then go and see the bf. Hopefully we’ll get on better with some sunshine and both of us a bit more rested.

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅
    - Mow lawn and sweep steps and patio ✅
    - House clean ✅
    - Get eyebrows threaded ❎
    - Bf place? ❎
    - Rest and enjoy the weather! ☀️✅

Saturday goals
    - put away laundry ✅
    - pack for bf’s ✅
    - Warrior class 9:30
    - eyebrow threading
    - pet food shop
    - groceries - pears, tomatoes and Easter egg for bf
    - Post office to collect parcel (if it’s open?)
    - head to bf’s place
    - relax in the sun!

Have a lovely day! X
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Cant remember what my goals were but had food poisoning today. So spent most the day battling it then all evening on the loo.
    Hurray for me!
    Atleast im in the green by about 1100 calories lol!!

Time for bed. Im starting to feel a bit better. Just weak and a bit dehydrated, got juice though.

Yikes! There's looking on the bright side I guess but I hope you feel better. Sounds awful!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 945 Member

JFT 19th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes
    Back exercises no, no excuses, just lazy
    Visit parents yes
    Plan evening meal - more veg! yes
    Garden yes
    Walk yes

Positive thought - I'm lucky that my son is staying with me. I had a splinter in my hand that I couldn't get out, he cut it out with a razor blade. I couldn't have done it on my own, and it was starting to get infected. And it's sunny again :)

JFT 20th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Shopping
    Dog sit
    Clear out shed
    Exercises!

I have no plans for Easter, I had thought about making a cake but have decided not to. Have no chocolate to eat (which is a good thing!). Will cook a chicken joint, that sounds healthy :)

• korina75
    JFT 4/19
    30 minutes exercise-whatever my body feels like doing :)
    stay within calories :/ But only 11 over so not terrible!
    work done by noon >:) OMG, I basically worked until 9 pm, NOT GOOD.
    quality time with kids-outside if the weather is nice :/ Those little shites wanted to do nothing and then hang with their friends. Tweens! I did try though! :D
    Quiet time for myself to read or watch a show :) Early in the day I was able to do this while cooking and working.

My weight has been fluctuating like crazy this week. I am hoping it's just hormonal at this point (prob getting my period in about a week or so) and I've been so cranky, especially with my husband. I need to get my mind right today and be nicer to him. Big win of the day yesterday was that I felt like eating pizza for dinner so we ordered it and I had one delicious gooey slice and stopped. It was satisfying and I felt zero guilt. Eating enough during the day made this possible! I used to just starve myself and then pig out.

Anyway, JFT 4/20

3 veg/2 fruit
    stay within calories
    30 minutes exercise
    Cook dinner at home
    drink 8 c water
    work done by 5
    finish getting easter basket stuff together
    Relax and enjoy time with husband tonight

• korina75
    Faebert wrote: »
    Morning all, sunny here again today and forecast to be hot. Yesterday was a bit of a bust after my run. I was tired and just couldn’t be bothered. Gave myself a break, ate what I wanted, didn’t go and see the bf. Then got irritated because actually none of that made me particularly happy so I returned to my JFT list of goals and got most of them ticked off! So today I am going to do my Warrior class, a few errands and then go and see the bf. Hopefully we’ll get on better with some sunshine and both of us a bit more rested.

I went on a 4 mile brisk walk then did an intense 30 minute HIIT class in there (2 miles to gym and back) and thought yay me! But was so sore and tired by the end of the day! I'm glad I did it but sometimes those big workouts can knock you out a bit. And that's great that your mind said relax and then your body said no thanks and you were able to listen. That's what I'm still re learning is mind/body connecting and telling me what I really need to do.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Saturday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Catch up with emails; call B about getting together. Call mac store.
    3. Update JFT before leaving for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Plan & log Sunday food.
    4. WRITE ESSAY. SUBMIT IT. Write a blog post.
    5. Groceries. Take recycling. Wash car? Check into resistance cardio or StrongLifts.
    6. Balance work. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, calf raises. Gratitude journal. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. And it freaking kept raining all day. We stayed in and watched Into the Spiderverse. I think it's my favorite Marvel movie. This week has been crap, I STILL have not been observed, and the buzz is that the school requested permission to extend the deadline so now it's sometime before May 3. UGH. And I got an email last night asking me to send in information for a meeting that will happen while I'm at a doctor's appointment. So yay, more to do over my weekend.
    Positive thought: I have people who care about me no matter what. Also, the coloring party is coming up on Tuesday!
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    asclepsia wrote: »
    asclepsia wrote: »
    Taking a page from cschmitz and others to keep track of the weight loss (or gain);
    Height: 5'8"--age 78
    January 1, 2018: 168
    February 1, 2018: 166
    March 1, 2018: 166
    March 15, 2018: 165.5
    Big gap here--not recording my weight on MFP.
    March 1, 2019: 163.6
    March 30, 2019: 163.4
    April 15, 2019: 162.4
    Well, it took six weeks, but I did lose a pound, and have kept it off this week. Lowering my overall calorie goal to 1600 from 1800, and adding elevation to my daily walk, must have done the trick. Grateful for suggestions from
    everyone.
    Goals: Updated for Friday--April 19
    Exercise-20" :)
    Stay in the green :) thanks to 6000 steps and 20' exercise
    Transplant tomatoes :/
    Practice one hour :)
    Finish correspondence :) finished three notes
    Walk 6000 steps :)
    Today is the beginning of a new day! Much better day yesterday. It's sunny here this morning--lovely gentle rain last evening, and everything looks so fresh. Daffodils are in full bloom, redbud is in bud, pansies look great, fragrant viburnum is blooming.
    Have a great day, everyone and wishing everyone a Happy Easter.
  • korina75
    Welcome @newbie2143 I'm pretty new here myself but I like the idea of just working on today. Good luck getting back on track today!