JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Pantuffle2016
    Pantuffle2016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This morning my goals for today were 1. Drink at least 2L water, only eat at meal times, reach 15k steps, and gym. Now as of 6pm i had my water, ate at meal times but still have not done my exercise. Need a kick to stay on track.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    This morning my goals for today were 1. Drink at least 2L water, only eat at meal times, reach 15k steps, and gym. Now as of 6pm i had my water, ate at meal times but still have not done my exercise. Need a kick to stay on track.

Kick... Now go exercise. You'll feel better when you meet your goals.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful to be able to be a part of this group...which means I am grateful for a computer, MFP, and my weight loss program that led me to MFP.

1lvr3vn4motb.png

• hellerhoneybee
    hellerhoneybee Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I can’t keep up with all of you either! I know I’m a couple days behind also, but I’m getting better at this. I am going to work on getting online at night like I said before, so I can get the goals in before half the day is gone (I'm soo not a morning person). After having a couple of “cheat” days last weekend--more like I forgot to log..LOL!--I thought I would have gained. But, I must not have done too badly because on Tuesday I was at the same weight as last Thursday. But, I got back on plan this week and even stayed in the green every day except yesterday…and, I’m down 1.5 lbs today! I notice I do a lot better when I eat a hardy breakfast, and step it down for lunch, then snack for dinner. I also sleep better when I don't have all that indigestion... :tongue:

@aubyshortcake, I’m so happy about the dogs! Glad they are home safe.

Checking in from my last post on 4/16:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast - nailed it! and, felt great all day
    2. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable) - did 100%
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal - came in right on target!
    4. Be positive as much as possible - i'm getting there; all this stress will not beat me!
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain - getting better at this one all the time, too
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work - done!
    7. Pick up dog food on my way home - yep, done!
    8. Mail birthday card for my mom - also done! (actually, my hubby helped me out with this one, but i remembered to ask him so it counts.

Ok, now for today 4/18, and I'll check back in when I can:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast
    2. Log at least 50% (ideally 100%, but I'm going for achievable)
    3. Stay within +/-10% of calorie goal
    4. Be positive as much as possible
    5. Be mindful of what your body is telling you about food, fullness, movement, emotions, pain
    6. Make and complete daily progress toward my weekly to do list at work
    7. Make a birthday card for a friend of a friend
    8. Do 30 minutes cardio
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    [

Am I hearing people complaining about taking ONE tiny pill? I take a handful every morning, 4 at night and have to give myself injections at 9PM every day in order to stay alive. The injection vials have to be shipped in from across the country and cannot be purchased locally. They have to stay refrigerated at all times or they go bad--and cost more than $1000 to replace. All of this makes travel really difficult. I need both thyroid and pituitary hormones that my body does not make. I feel extraordinarily lucky that my adrenals are still working--many people with my disease also have to replace adrenal hormones, which means cortisone and all kinds of steroids every day or you end up in the hospital. I have five different metabolic diseases, and the hypopituitarism and Hashimoto's are by far the easiest to deal with.

If your cross to bear is taking one minuscule pill a day, you might want to get some perspective.

Sorry but however difficult your life is, this is not the place to be disparaging towards others who are dealing with their individual struggles. I wish you well with yours; I can't fully know what they are for you no more than you can fully understand the challenges faced by other people on this thread. This thread works because it offers support and encouragement in the face of adversity and celebration of successes.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @Elbee1. Your post on self sabotage is very reflective. You've put a lot of thought into understanding your situation and I am sure you can now apply the grit and determination that you had when you were an athlete. You understand the importance of your long term health and you can get there. I'm suspect that you did not always immediately meet you athletic goals but you must have kept training in order to meet them. You can succeed despite the blips along the way. We are here to cheer you on!
  • ZizzyBumble
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Wednesday 17 April

Log accurately :) I think so, hopefully the scales will buck their ideas up and start agreeing!
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    January challenge :)
    February challenge :)
    March challenge :)
    April challenge :) End of the working week and I don't feel too far behind! I'm looking forward to enjoying the Easter break

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am finding that pre logging my day has been so useful. Yesterday with the dinner I was going to prepare would have put me over so I made adjustments - I swapped out the rice and had mashed cauliflower instead.

I went and saw my doctor yesterday and when I looked at the notes from my appointment 14 months ago I was 10 pounds lighter. Makes me so disappointed in myself. Clearly that's why I am back and tracking again. Others have said it on other threads (and here) that maintaining weight loss is hard.

JFT 4/18/19
    Pre track keep calories at about 1600
    50 minute walk with friends
    Enjoy my healthy food choices
    No wine or snacks after dinner

• korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Such a busy day! Tomorrow the kids are off school so I expect it'll be a little more relaxing and maybe we'll even do something fun.

JFT 4/18
    30 minutes HIIT workout :D
    Mindfully eat lunch/dinner/snacks (already wolfed breakfast) :)
    5 minutes meditation :s Why is this so hard for me?
    Stay within calorie goals :)
    30 minutes joyful movement :) Took a really long walk! And listened to a podcast. It was great.
    QT with kiddo-possible walk/hike :( But they are off tomorrow so I'll get some time in.
    Buy Easter basket stuff :)

Tomorrow I am going to try to get all my work done in the morning and then take the kids to do something fun. But I also want to try to not overindulge this weekend, or at least not as much as last weekend.

JFT 4/19
    30 minutes exercise-whatever my body feels like doing
    stay within calories
    work done by noon
    quality time with kids-outside if the weather is nice
    Quiet time for myself to read or watch a show

@lafayettenana Don't beat yourself up, you're back on track and if you are healthy and enjoying life a few extra pounds won't make a huge difference. And the best part is that if you have done it before and you want to lose the weight you already know that you can! I found planning my day made me the most successful. I don't always do it bc of my job but when I can I find at least pre planning if not pre logging, made a huge difference. You've got this!

@hellerhoneybee I'm glad you found what works best for you! I find that if I have around 300 cal of a really hearty breakfast (eggs/toast or oatmeal with banana), a big lunch, and a smaller dinner with no snacking after I feel satisfied. But if I eat a small lunch I'm basically hungry all day! And if I eat a huge breakfast I'm still starving at lunchtime. It's weird how human bodies can all be so different!

@Snowflake1968 So glad to hear your job situation is looking up! I'm sure it's been very stressful. And yes, a pajama day once in a while feels great but every day would be demoralizing. Hopefully one of these jobs works out! Fingers crossed!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    I can’t handle failure right now, so I guess I had better make these count.

- Sleep in
    - Log all intake. Stay green
    - If not raining go for a bike ride. If raining, a little run/walk. If raining a lot, clean refrigerator.
    - Shower
    - Dinner out with family - be reasonable.
    - Bed early, have to get up at 4:00 Saturday.

I’m sure there is more, but these are the bullet points.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    JFT 18th April

Log everything yes
    Stay in the green yes...does little happy dance :)
    Back exercises yes
    Walk with friend yes, lovely walk in the countryside, first of the year with no coat on!
    Laundry yes
    Don't try to do too much, remember back! got it just right!

Positive thought - A thought kept popping into my head yesterday, it was "I'm happy today" and smiling to myself. I think it's partly the sunshine (I hate the cold winter weather) and partly trying to look on the positive side of things. I just love when it's warm enough to get out into my little back garden :)

JFT 19th April

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    Back exercises
    Visit parents
    Plan evening meal - more veg!
    Garden
    Walk

@nlmackey98 , hope you have a good day.

@ZizzyBumble , another full house of smiley faces, you are doing great!

@Bex953172 , do you think you were the last in the family to get that nasty bug? At least the dog is well :)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM. Update first directions.
    2. Before school: Update class websites. Print revised plan for 1-2. Check with DK about class visitor.
    3. Class 1-2: FreeRice; type analysis; create Slide files if desired.
    4. Planning: A - WRITE SUB PLANS. PRINT. B - Grade & enter homeworks at lunch. C - Grade and enter all research stuffs. D - Grade. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Read stories to classmates. Practice grammar. Use rubrics to evaluate.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Walk to 10k at park. Run? Check in with B - lunch? Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training. Update Goodreads.
    8. Check recipes; make grocery list. Proofread essay and submit.
    9. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 189.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia ??? Need sub for May 2, opening day.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Did NOT go to BodyPump yesterday. I did go to the park and walk while I read. I might try to get a run in today, but it was really nice to do a lot of reading.
    Positive thought: My OTHER jobs think I'm fabulous. :P
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    n4khabk1qj1h.jpeg
  • johicks
    johicks Posts: 1,991 Member
    Options
    JFT ~Friday (4/19)
    Morning Affirmations
    Check~in w/MFP pals
    Track under 1200 calories
    Exercise 90 mins.
    Clean the house

KEEP Nightly routine of not binging:
    Read & complete notes to self
    Eat mindfully pre-plated dinner; or log prior if plans change.
    Drink hot tea
    Brush teeth. Go to bed & Say “Kitchen Closed!”
    Take a bath!!
    Post on MFP just before lights out (or next morning).

Jan~ Drink 8+ water
    Feb.~ Only 1 snack after dinner
    Mar.~ 15m walk outside
    April challenge. Say something positive: Today, I am going to forgive myself. And also figure out how to forgive the person that angered me; or realize that it was an over reaction due to hormonal imbalance.