lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on the HCG diet

Options
124»

Replies

• portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Does anybody else seem to have an issue with finding HCG in PEE??? Hello people? It is in PEE. Nevermind the low caloric intake, gaining it back etc etc... IT IS IN PEE.

I doubt you're a vegan/vegetarian, so each time you eat meat you're also eating pee, just so you know..
  • ladysandy
    Options
    okay like I've said before, I,ve done it, lost and regained :(
    STOP IF YOU CAN RIGHT NOW!!!!
    It will screw up you metabolism, trust me, I'm paying for it now :(
  • dos317
    dos317 Posts: 5
    Options
    i lost 11 pounds in a week and a half from chaging my diet and exercising. i heard you can only eat 500 calories a day when you're on the HCG diet and that is not healthy AT ALL. once you're off of it, the weight will come back just as fast as you lost it :(
  • jenfos
    jenfos Posts: 5
    Options
    ok so i am on the HCG diet and i have lost on it. i like that i have lost so much in such a little time, but i'm not sure if i should keep on it. i'm not going to lie i love the success from it. i'm just not sure if its really health?
    whats everyone think?

I did the HCG for 2 weeks. I don't think it is healthy to stay on the 500 calories, but I stayed around 1000 while eating the foods it recommended. It helped to control my hunger, while not starving myself. If you eat healthy foods you will naturally eat less calories, depending on how you cook them. I did loss 15lbs in 2 weeks and then I stopped the drops and just stayed with the healthy eating. I lost another 15lbs and have kept it off for the past 6 months. Eating healthy and exercising really are the best ways to loss.
  • portexploit
    Options

Maybe you just started to eat how you used to...that's what caused you to gain it back...
  • jenfos
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

No way *I* would do it, thanks.

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.

I agree.

WHere does it say it's unhealthy or unsustainable?

Give me an effing break - eating only 500 calories a day is NOT sustainable for long term. Plain and simple. And injecting yourself with a hormone that makes your body think it is pregnant? Think that is a good idea for long term weight loss success?

Eat right. Eat smaller portions. Workout.

The keys to long term weight loss success.

Argue if you want - but it is common sense.

I guarantee that 'diet' would be sustainable for life. ;)

Do people not realize that it is very easy to stay on that amount of calories... It's when people think they have to cook everything in oil or fry it or eat huge portion that it gets out of hand...

Eating fish or chicken (baked not fried and the serving size) and veggies, and most fruits you can stay around 500 calories and have more energy and still be healthy. Drinking coffee and water are healthy and zero - ten calories a cup. It's all in what foods you eat and how you cook them. When you look at this diet it's not hard to stay at the calories, its hard to learn what you can and cannot eat and how you can and cannot cook things.
  • jenfos
    Options

Maybe you just started to eat how you used to...that's what caused you to gain it back...

That's exactly the problem most people have. I lost the 15lbs, didn't do the maintenance part at all how it said and lost another 15lbs and have kept it off. It's not the diet that's the problem, it's the people idea that they can go back to how they eat before that is the problem.
  • portexploit
    Options
    Sorry. But, only consuming 500 calories a day and injecting my body with a hormone that makes it think it is pregnant when it is not?

Just eat healthy. Eat smaller portions. Workout. You'll lose weight slower, but at least it is healthy and sustainable.

I agree.

WHere does it say it's unhealthy or unsustainable?

Give me an effing break - eating only 500 calories a day is NOT sustainable for long term. Plain and simple. And injecting yourself with a hormone that makes your body think it is pregnant? Think that is a good idea for long term weight loss success?

Eat right. Eat smaller portions. Workout.

The keys to long term weight loss success.

Argue if you want - but it is common sense.

I guarantee that 'diet' would be sustainable for life. ;)

Do people not realize that it is very easy to stay on that amount of calories... It's when people think they have to cook everything in oil or fry it or eat huge portion that it gets out of hand...

Eating fish or chicken (baked not fried and the serving size) and veggies, and most fruits you can stay around 500 calories and have more energy and still be healthy. Drinking coffee and water are healthy and zero - ten calories a cup. It's all in what foods you eat and how you cook them. When you look at this diet it's not hard to stay at the calories, its hard to learn what you can and cannot eat and how you can and cannot cook things.

I have adopted an alkalarian life style.. I "HAVE TO" add oils to my foods,a if i don't i'd be way under my calories, sometimes i fill a 8 quart pot with salad. 1/2 iceberg head, 1/2 romaine head, 6 cups of spinach, onion, cilantro, green onions, some salt and pepper. This is a 8 quart pot of salad... you know how many calories this is??? 700 calories. I agree with you, it's what people eat..
  • Hammock
    Hammock Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi there! I agree. I have lost 15 pounds since January and have been very successful at keeping it off. I have maintained a 13-15 pound loss for a few months now. I am really getting used to what I have to do to stay at this weight. And also getting used to how I look. I still have to be careful. I have discovered that simply to maintain this loss, I have to try most of the time to stay at my dieting calories level (1200 a day) and eat more when I do my exercise. Simply to maintain my loss, I have to exercise quite vigorously at least 3x a week, but that enables me to indulge now and then, too. I am not logging in every day right now as I try to get used to eating proper portions without always weighing and measuring. I am in no big rush to lose my last 5 pounds. That will happen when I put my mind to it. Right now, I seem to be enjoying where I am, and getting used to the new me. In the past, on Weight Watchers, I lost weight at the rate of average 1 pound a week, but this is by far the slowest I have ever done it; I think the slowness has enabled me to keep the exercise and my new way of eating in balance. So I agree...slower is better. It takes time to get used to the new, slimmer, more in control YOU!
  • klabeau
    klabeau Posts: 261 Member
    Options

That's exactly the problem most people have. I lost the 15lbs, didn't do the maintenance part at all how it said and lost another 15lbs and have kept it off. It's not the diet that's the problem, it's the people idea that they can go back to how they eat before that is the problem.

So true! So glad to hear you say it.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I agree.

I read an article about the HCG diet in my either shape or fitness magazine and yes, it does help you lose weight fast... but it stated that you will look malnourished. I 100% agree with this. I have a friend who did this diet and yes she lost weight...a LOT of weight and her body looks great.. EXCEPT after reading that article and then looking at her pictures she definitely looks malnourished.

it is not a good thing for your body and puts a lot of stress on it once you are finished because you aren't taking the shots anymore...and she also has gained weight back and gotten side effects of acne!! ick in my opinion :)
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    OK really my last comment...I had no idea HCG was such a hot button on MFP...LMAO. Best wishes to everyone- no matter what your chosen path is!!! Now offically my comments will be kept to myself

LOL... MFP has a lot of HOT buttons. I've noticed this lately.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it through a dr. possibly be okay to continue. Its rapid weight loss and rapid loss can destroy your gallbladder. Losing weight fast causes gallstones and a number of other health problems.

I developed gallstones after losing about 30 lbs very rapidly from just not really eating much at all. It was a variety of reasons emotionally and physically stressed and financial reasons too. Also it all came back. I've known some people to do fine and not gain it back but it still requires learning to eat the right foods and be sure you maintain calories in the range you will burn so you don't gain.
  • jenfos
    Options
    If you are doing it through a dr. possibly be okay to continue. Its rapid weight loss and rapid loss can destroy your gallbladder. Losing weight fast causes gallstones and a number of other health problems.

I developed gallstones after losing about 30 lbs very rapidly from just not really eating much at all. It was a variety of reasons emotionally and physically stressed and financial reasons too. Also it all came back. I've known some people to do fine and not gain it back but it still requires learning to eat the right foods and be sure you maintain calories in the range you will burn so you don't gain.

I would agree that it is not for everyone. I didn't go through a doctor, but if you are unsure you should ask a doctor if it is right for you. I think it is the same with everything, everyone is different and not all things work for all people.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!