JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 5 July

Log accurately :| I think so but the scale does not seem to agree!
    Stay in the green :/ see above
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Jan challenge :)
    Feb challenge :)
    Mar challenge :)
    Apr challenge :) I'm watching the sun begin to set over the sea and the colours are getting progressively more intense
    May challenge :)
    Jun challenge :)
    July challenge >:) forgot and its too late now!

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @mytime6630 and @maryrobinson40. I hope you are both OK as I've missed seeing your posts. Sending you hugs.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,062 Member
    Options
    JFT 2019

Goals for Sat 06/07
    FOOD:
    • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds 😄
    • Prelog food, balance macros/micros 😄
    • follow through 😄
    • Hydration 😄

EXERCISE:
    • 6000+ steps 😄
    • 15+ mins strength 😄
    • 15+ mins flexibility 😄

OTHER:
    • Meditation 😄
    • look after dogs 😄
    • Local shopping 😄
    • gardening (if the weather stays fine) 😄
    • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder 😄
    • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread 😄

Goals for Sun 07/07
      Having a rest day. Dogs go back home today.
      FOOD:
      • Weigh/Post in JGM10Ds
      • Prelog food, balance macros/micros
      • follow through
      • Hydration

EXERCISE:
      • 6000+ steps
      • 5 mins strength
      • 5 mins flexibility

OTHER:
      • Meditation
      • give dogs back to younger daughter
      • Visit elder daughter and her boys
      • Post in UAC/Post Sole Mates Evening Reminder
      • Read/Comment in Women Over 50 thread
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112 Look at all those smiles! You're doing great!

@Bex953172 I am not surprised AT ALL to hear that you had to speed a little to get to a driving course you had to take for speeding. LMAO! :mrgreen: Sounds like you had a wonderful date night and day after date night! I'm so glad! Parents need to remember that they're more than just parents and it sounds like you did just that!

@mytime6630 and @maryrobinson40 I am also sending good thoughts your way and hoping all is okay.

@Snowflake1968 Can't wait to hear about your day today with the big day finally here! I hope you are having a wonderful time!

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Such a good day. I made it through the picnic and only went 200 over my calories!!!! Super proud of myself. I think I literally never ate this little at a picnic. And you know what? I'm actually happy that I didn't have more. I'm not disgustingly full, I feel comfortable. I will do this again!

It really helped banning myself from crisps. I have a real weakness for crisps, and there it is so easy to just eat loads of them and rack up the calories. Easier just to say have none. And it was weird because I was looking at the things that weren't crisps, and thinking, I could eat that and still be within calories, and I was like, I actually don't really feel like it. Some kind of miracle!

So I think I have found a new rule to follow for life that will help me. I can eat crisps, and I will regularly. But ONLY when I have a specific calorie controlled portion that means I won't have too many.

So, Today's commitments:

- Take a specific quantity of low-calorie G&T and do not drink ANYTHING that others have brought :smile:
    - Take a big bottle of soft drink to keep myself full (and remember that I have it this time, lol - should be easier as there will be no fridge to stash it in and forget it) :smile:
    - Only take healthy foods to contribute to the food pile (I'm thinking strawberries, carrots and olives) :smile:
    - Log food AS I GO and watch the calories. Don't go over maintenance :smiley:
    - ABSOLUTELY NO CRISPS (once I start, I can't stop - and I ate enough of them yesterday) :smiley:
    - Join in with any active games (e.g. frisbee) to take myself away from food :smile:
    - Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stay within maintenance :smile:
    - 4 bottles water or equivalent :/
    - Exercise DVD :smile:

- No eating whilst standing :/
    - Savour every bite :smile:
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :smile:
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- Read Response Cards twice at least :/just once but didn't actually need any more
    - Meditate (on train) :smile:
    - Duolingo :smile:
    - Train home before midnight (ideally earlier) :smile:

Tomorrow's commitments:

- Log everything I eat, as I go
    - Be in the green with a deficit
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go for run

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- Read response cards x2
    - Meditate
    - 2+ of French podcast, reading, Duolingo
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @bookmeister86 Nice job! I don't know that I could do it! Are crisps like what we call chips here? If so, I can't control myself with those either! :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday
    1. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Prelog all food. Chop celery. Pack dinner. Duo. Gratitude journal. Leave for park by 8:50.
    2. Review script during breaks. Draft blog post.
    3. NO EXTRA SNACKS. NO. D list: load/run dishwasher. Groceries.
    4. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    5. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow.
    6. Shower. Bed.

JFT Sunday
    1. AM walk/run - 3 miles. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Chop celery. Duo.
    2. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Prep cheese and build parfait. Brunch with B?
    3. Review tour guide script. Finish "Discussions" blog post. Leave for garden by 1:50.
    4. Practice sheet music. Read White Fragility & update Goodreads.
    5. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! LOG BEFORE SNACKING!
    6. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. JFTomorrow. Mall? Weights.
    7. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00.
    8. Meeting 9:15 Friday. MM audition July M-T July 22-23. Ask about how to support new AP. Set up assessment switch-outs on OW. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Schedule assessments and return dates (check last term's plans for unit length). Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Align assessments with OW units. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTEND POST FLEX DAY RATHER THAN PRE FLEX DAY. Upload summer project checklist July 1.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: MM auditions 6/22-23. Practice songs.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Get bikes fixed.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Aaaand it's quarter past midnight. *sigh* At least I'm off Monday and Tuesday. I have my tour guide test tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 7 July

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Jan challenge
    Feb challenge
    Mar challenge
    Apr challenge
    May challenge
    Jun challenge
    Jul challenge

It's a beautiful day today so I should have a lovely walk, I just have to decide where to go! Hope you all have a good day.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @bookmeister86 Nice job! I don't know that I could do it! Are crisps like what we call chips here? If so, I can't control myself with those either! :smile:

Yes they are! :)

It's funny actually because I was listening to a Half size me podcast on the way home
    from the party and the lady being interviewed was talking about potato chips and how she struggles with them and can't keep them in the house..... Felt doubly good about it after that
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! If I'm being 100% honest, I've been feeling like a bit of a failure lately. I know that is not true, but I still have not been able to keep the consistency I had with my eating ever since Easter. I was doing SO well until that day when I had a bit of a free for all and I have not really recovered. I was taking monthly progress pictures and I feel like I look like the before picture again. I know I'm way too hard on myself, I'm small so even though this is a difference of MAYBE 4 lbs I can really see it. It just felt so good to be in control and I feel like I've lost that. On the plus side, I have still been working out so maybe a teeny tiny bit of my gain is muscle.. One can hope!

Anyways.. Enough of being a Debbie Downer, I hope everyone has a great day!

Yesterday 7/6:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps😁
    4. Do workout😁
    5. Cook dinner😁

JFT 7/7:

1. Give Rukia her pill 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps

Keeping it simple, I just want to check off this entire short list today!
  • JordanS9592
    JordanS9592 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to eat less than 3100 calories, more than 200 grams of protein, and have a hard workout.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Today, 7/6/2019
    1. Journal every bite and every oz of water :)
    2. Drink >68 oz of water :)
    3. 30 minutes activity - Wii, Leslie Sansone DVD, Body Groove or gym ;)Does a cleaning binge count?
    4. Begin strength training with small weights. Find video for proper technique. :#to be cont'd.....
    5. Listen to Half Size Me Lesson 1: Getting Started for the Last Time :)Started the lesson
    6. Start on July Budget :)
    7. Meal plan for Sunday through Saturday and make grocery list :)
    8. Pre-journal tomorrow's meals and snacks B)Will do it in a minute here...
    9. Gratitude Journal | Read JM, DO or SA | Listen to Calm/Headspace | Read current mystery | Lights out by 10:30 :)
    • Eat only while sitting :)
    • Eat mindfully, putting down fork between bites :)
    • Self-talk when tempted :)
    • Give myself credit :)
    • Positive self-talk :)
    • Rewrite and review Response cards :(

July Goal: Meal Plan each week and stick to the plan. Pre-journal every evening for the next day. Meal Plans will be written out on Saturday and run from Sunday through Saturday.
      [*] 1st week of July: Done. :smile: Very non-compliant, Need to plan better.
      [*] 2nd week of July: PLan written and grocery list made. :)
      [*] 3rd week of July:
      [*] 4th week of July:

Weekly Goal for July 7 - July 13:
      On weekdays, get up in the morning without hitting snooze. Eat breakfast before leaving the house.
      • Sunday:
      • Monday:
      • Tuesday:
      • Wednesday:
      • Thursday:
      • Friday:
      • Saturday:

@bookmeister86 I think potato chips are the downfall of many people here in the US! There are commercials from Lay's Potato Chips with a slogan of "nobody can eat just one". IT IS SO TRUE! Our chips are in a drawer where I don't see them and don't really think about them, because I can tell you that there have been many days in my past where I have sat down with a bag of chips/crisps and a container of french onion dip and that was my supper....I will demolish the whole bag if I allow it. hahaha! So yeah....I feel ya on that one. I'm really impressed you were able to walk away! Hahahah!

It's Sunday Funday! I'm planning to get outside today. It's finally not horribly hot and humid and I feel like working in the yard today. We have weeds taking over all our flower beds because I've been neglectful and lazy. I want to take Maddie for a nice walk but rather than take her around the neighborhood, I'm thinking of taking her along one of the trails so we can be by the water. Water brings me peace. I've decided to continue persuing my dream of owning a parcel of land on water again. Why work so hard if I can't have a dream to work toward, right?

I've also decided to reinstate Unplugged Sunday. I don't know why I stopped doing this, but I need to bring it back. Family drama tends to sneak into my day in the form of dramatic or poor-me texts and then I send the day upset and go to work on Monday feeling emotionally and mentallyl exhausted. Putting my foot down and not answering texts today. If someone needs me that badly, they can call me. (What ever happened to picking up the phone and talking to people anyway? Wow, am I showing my age there? LOL)

Just for Sunday, 7/7
      Stick to pre-journaled meal plan
      Drink >68 oz of water
      UNPLUGGED SUNDAY! No texting, no getting lost in the internet, no social media. Be in the present.
      Weed flower beds
      Go to Steins for potted flowers
      Take Maddie for a walk, if knee allows
      Continue with July Budget
      Rewrite response cards
      Prep for tomorrow, tonight - pack lunch/snacks, coffeemaker ready, outfit set out, prelog meals, mini mani/pedi
      Evening Routine and lights out by 10:30

July Goal: Meal Plan each week and stick to the plan. Pre-journal every evening for the next day. Meal Plans will be written out on Saturday and run from Sunday through Saturday.
        [*] 1st week of July: Done. :smile: Very non-compliant, Need to plan better.
        [*] 2nd week of July: PLan written and grocery list made. :)
        [*] 3rd week of July:
        [*] 4th week of July:

Weekly Goal for July 7 - July 13:
        On weekdays, get up in the morning without hitting snooze. Eat breakfast before leaving the house.
        • Sunday: :naughty: Slept in and still sipping coffee at 10:41 a.m.
        • Monday:
        • Tuesday:
        • Wednesday:
        • Thursday:
        • Friday:
        • Saturday:

Theme for 2019: Tenacity
      • mytime6630
        mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
        edited July 2019
        Options
        I have not posted on here for so long ... and miss so much reading and keeping up with all that is going on.

Weight-wise, I have been doing better, but struggling again. Emotional eating ,, . and turn to my only comfort, which is food.

So I need to get back on here, and work to focus my attention on my own health.

So I am going to make a new challenge for the month of July.
        Each day, write down what you are going to do for YOU. Whether it be a bubble bath, 15 minutes of mediation, taking a walk by yourself, anything that helps only yourself. Would anyone like to join me in this challenge?

Here is a recap of this years challenges. I am going to try and do these daily as well. (Can someone help me remember the challenges??)

January challenge: 8+ cups of water each day. Put out a red cup, or something to remind you to do this.
        February challenge: Nite time snacking .. limit it to ONE snack, then stop.
        March challenge: 15 minutes outside to soak in the sunshine, or a short walk.
        April challenge:: 5 somethings
        May challenge: Write down 1 positive thought each day.
        June challenge: Post on here everyday ... the good, and the bad.
        July challenge: Do one thing each day just for YOU
      • mytime6630
        edited July 2019
        Options
        JFt, Sunday, July 8
        1. log all food
        2. concentrate on water - jan challenge
        3. mindful eating .... think before I eat. Write it down before I eat
        4. go out for a walk
        5. get back into sewing. I have just not been in the mood to sew since March .... I need this distraction in my life!
        6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
        7. do one thing for myself

Weigh - in
        5'11" tall
        67 yrs old
        Goal weight: 170

Weight chart this year
        Jan: 206
        Feb: 201.6
        March: 205
        April: 197
        May: 195
        June: 192

July 8: 190
      • PackerFanInGB
        Options
        @mytime6630 February Challenge: Nighttime snacking ... limit snack to just one, and then stop

I'm so sorry to hear you're in the thick of it again. It seems to never end, unfortunately, but I think you are exactly right when you set your goal for July to take care of you. We have had so many family issues these past few months also that I really threw everything I had learned out the window for a while. But, like you, I'm back and determined as ever. I see the mistakes and the struggles (some self-inflicted) that my kids, stepkids, and grandkids, are making and I can't say anything. I have to keep it to myself or I'll push them away and I don't want that. I need them to know I'm here if/when they fall and I don't want them to think I'll say "I told you so..."

It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Makes me so sad, that I have not been caring for myself as I should either. I worry about my dad and stepdad who both are battling cancer, and my family and their struggles, and it is emotionally draining.

Then I read a scripture that says something to the effect of 'No one has ever gained another day by worrying...' It's true. My worrying isn't going to help change one single thing. So, I am working very hard right now to take care of myself the best I can. It's not easy and I'm still worrying, of course, but I am trying to catch myself and force myself to redirect my thoughts. Sometimes I pick up a book or listen to a podcast, or sew. I have to physically redirect my thoughts.

I hope you are able to find a bit of peace, my friend. I am praying for you, your husband, your daughter, your son and your grandsons. Sending my love. xoxo

Tracie
      • mytime6630
        edited July 2019
        Options
        @mytime6630 February Challenge: Nighttime snacking ... limit snack to just one, and then stop

I'm so sorry to hear you're in the thick of it again. It seems to never end, unfortunately, but I think you are exactly right when you set your goal for July to take care of you. We have had so many family issues these past few months also that I really threw everything I had learned out the window for a while. But, like you, I'm back and determined as ever. I see the mistakes and the struggles (some self-inflicted) that my kids, stepkids, and grandkids, are making and I can't say anything. I have to keep it to myself or I'll push them away and I don't want that. I need them to know I'm here if/when they fall and I don't want them to think I'll say "I told you so..."

It's the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. Makes me so sad, that I have not been caring for myself as I should either. I worry about my dad and stepdad who both are battling cancer, and my family and their struggles, and it is emotionally draining.

Then I read a scripture that says something to the effect of 'No one has ever gained another day by worrying...' It's true. My worrying isn't going to help change one single thing. So, I am working very hard right now to take care of myself the best I can. It's not easy and I'm still worrying, of course, but I am trying to catch myself and force myself to redirect my thoughts. Sometimes I pick up a book or listen to a podcast, or sew. I have to physically redirect my thoughts.

I hope you are able to find a bit of peace, my friend. I am praying for you, your husband, your daughter, your son and your grandsons. Sending my love. xoxo

Tracie

Thank you so much Tracie! I deleted most of the post after I wrote it ... thinking I should not be bothering anyone on here with all my troubles. You are so sweet to write back .. makes me not feel so alone in all these thoughts. You have been through so much yourself, sometimes it is hard to even care what we look or feel like. It gets overwhelming. But we both have been here so long, and been through so much, yet we keep trying. Thanks so much again. Today, I am doing like you said... I am trying really hard to do something for me. I have not been sewing since March .. so digging out my sewing machine, and trying to make a baby quilt for my niece.
      • Bex953172
        Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
        Options
        mytime6630 wrote: »

Tracie

Thank you so much Tracie! I deleted most of the post after I wrote it ... thinking I should not be bothering anyone on here with all my troubles. You are so sweet to write back .. makes me not feel so alone in all these thoughts. You have been through so much yourself, sometimes it is hard to even care what we look or feel like. It gets overwhelming. But we both have been here so long, and been through so much, yet we keep trying. Thanks so much again. Today, I am doing like you said... I am trying really hard to do something for me. I have not been sewing since March .. so digging out my sewing machine, and trying to make a baby quilt for my niece.

You should have posted your troubles! It wouldnt bother us! Heck if i didnt post mine and have you all supporting me i think i would go crazy!!

I think July challenge is great one! Half way through the year, weve all tried so hard this year and i think we all need a bit of ME time!
        I think this could be good for me too!

Over the last few weeks ive been very up and down, but my downs have been more ragey than upset!
        But ive been weaning off my anti depressants and now im off them i feel really good! But at the same time i feel like im teetering on the edge of a relapse! So ive just been trying hard to fill my days with little somethings to keep me on the positive and taking time out BEFORE i hit rage at 100% lol!

But i hope everythings ok, remember you can private message me any time!

Xxxxxxxxxxxx

• cory17
        cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
        Options
        @mytime glad you included that list of what each month's challenges are. I've been wondering what are they??

@packerfan :):) Continuing the chips: Putting them in a drawer helps. Here, they're on top of the fridge looking down, calling me. Took the remaining ice cream out of the container and put it in a plastic tupperware. That helped a bit! Maybe some of it is the visual cues, the colors & packaging. Can't have it in my face every time open the fridge or walk by.

@snowflake Also looking forward to (hopefully) seeing wedding photos. You have worked so hard on so many facets of it! And your gorgeous dress!
      • tristramtrent
        tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
        Options
        jft Sunday

Stay under
        Walk
        Elliptical 15 min
        Drink water x 3
        Modelmaking
        Check back in!
      • ZizzyBumble
        Options
        Sunday 7 July

Log accurately :) I will add the chocolate I've just eaten!
        Stay in the green :) even with the chocolate!
        5 fruit and veg :)
        Fitbit excercise goals :) Exceeded them
        Jan challenge :)
        Feb challenge :) the chocolate was planned- honestly. It was my dessert?
        Mar challenge :) 8 mile hike to and from the lighthouse on the nearby headland. Stunning views and I saw a whale.
        Apr challenge :) beautiful day, I live in a very special place
        May challenge :)
        Jun challenge :)
        Jul challenge :) my choice to do the hike and followed it up with a nice bath!

It's a beautiful day today so I should have a lovely walk, I just have to decide where to go! Hope you all have a good day.

I am trying to get back to my maintenance window and I had to work hard not to say I've walked 8 miles so I can eat/drink extra - I was so tempted to have wine before dinner but said NO! I did have my planned glass with my dinner :)