What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Replies

• Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    My late husband was the best human being I ever knew. If I met another man like that, I'd be a happy camper.
    This is sweet. Will you tell us a little about him? What characteristics did he posses that made him who he was? What mannerisms were uniquely him? I love a good love story if you have the time. ❤️

I'm getting teary-eyed reading your post. Thank you for that. I lost him a year ago after his 5 year battle with ALS. I stopped working to be his caregiver so he could stay at home and because I loved him. For better, for worse, never for granted.

I never knew what unconditional love was until I met him. He was a gentleman and a big flirt and his kisses quite literally took my breath away. He was truly my person.

I put on 60 pounds when I was diagnosed with idiopathic edema shortly after we were married. I felt so unattractive and he would dry my tears, put his hand over my heart and say "this is what I love".

We had a rule in our house. "The dance floor is always open." We always had music playing and when a slow song one of us liked was on, we would go get the other and slow dance in the living room.

He gave me an incredible stepson. He invited my dog on our first date.

He was my everything. ❤

Sorry for your loss!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    My late husband was the best human being I ever knew. If I met another man like that, I'd be a happy camper.
    This is sweet. Will you tell us a little about him? What characteristics did he posses that made him who he was? What mannerisms were uniquely him? I love a good love story if you have the time. ❤️

I'm getting teary-eyed reading your post. Thank you for that. I lost him a year ago after his 5 year battle with ALS. I stopped working to be his caregiver so he could stay at home and because I loved him. For better, for worse, never for granted.

I never knew what unconditional love was until I met him. He was a gentleman and a big flirt and his kisses quite literally took my breath away. He was truly my person.

I put on 60 pounds when I was diagnosed with idiopathic edema shortly after we were married. I felt so unattractive and he would dry my tears, put his hand over my heart and say "this is what I love".

We had a rule in our house. "The dance floor is always open." We always had music playing and when a slow song one of us liked was on, we would go get the other and slow dance in the living room.

He was my everything. ❤

You are truly blessed to find this kind of love. Is the kind of love we all search for and hope for. I'm sorry for your loss but those memories of him are gold ❤

Yes.. this. Love like that is truly special ❤
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2019
    When he doesn’t need to be overt to be sexy.
  • LyndaBSS wrote: »

He was my everything. ❤

💕 you won my heart with this post today
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Danw586 wrote: »
    If she can tell me about the last book she read.

Sounds like a low standard, right?

I also interview potential employees and ask them the same question...9 out of 10 can't tell me (mostly people with engineering degrees).

I just re-read one of my favourite books "Conversations with God"

Book good. Read again, me want 😋

So eloquent. 😁
  • your_future_ex_wife
    When he remembers my last screen name. 🤭
  • Tankiscool

I also interview potential employees and ask them the same question...9 out of 10 can't tell me (mostly people with engineering degrees).

To be honest Dan I'm still burnt out from college textbooks, and reading was a favorite hobby of mine prior to then. So could be that! Just my 2 cents.

@iMago I've been meaning to check out House of Leaves tho that you recommended!
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member

I just re-read one of my favourite books "Conversations with God"

Book good. Read again, me want 😋

I've heard good things about that one.

• Tankiscool

Yes Mistress ;)
  • Danw586

I've got this one covered
  • mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member

I just got done reading Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. Took me ages to get through because I kept getting angry and putting it down. It’s very good though!
  • your_future_ex_wife
    Tankiscool wrote: »

To be honest Dan I'm still burnt out from college textbooks, and reading was a favorite hobby of mine prior to then. So could be that! Just my 2 cents.

Tankypoo, you know @alywei3773 finally got me to do what even iMago couldn’t? Finally reading Vonnegut.
  • Danw586

That might explain it since I've been interviewing recent grads lately. Doesn't explain the dating scenario though.

• mermaidsgrave
    mermaidsgrave Posts: 98 Member
    Shoulders and arms are my thing. I don’t care about abs or anything super ripped.. but big broad shoulders make me feel like he could easily throw me around lol
  • your_future_ex_wife

Yes Mistress ;)

Thank you darling.
  • Tankiscool

That might explain it since I've been interviewing recent grads lately. Doesn't explain the dating scenario though.

Oh yes my man, I was talking the interviews!
This discussion has been closed.