Does spaghetti really have 300 calories/100g?

something is probably wrong with myfitnesspal

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Yep, pasta calories add up quickly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Yes. 56g is 200 calories according to my box label.

51jINoKQaOL.jpg

• texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    MikePTY wrote: »
    It’s a sad reality that pasta is so calorie laden.

It's not really though. There are a lot of foods that are more calorie dense. It can easily be made part of reasonable calorie dinners. You just can't eat giant plates smothered with fatty sauces

True enough. I stick to a tiny amount of regular pasta and a heaping amount of tomato based sauce. It fills me up and doesn't leave me wanting more. I sometimes swap regular noodles for "alt" noodles of various kinds. That also works for me.

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    I have seen this argument before. Everyone thinks they need to plate a huge amount of pasta because when they go out to eat, since the pasta is the cheapest ingredient on the menu, they get a ton of it.

Just weigh out 3 oz and cook it up al dente and plate it with an appropriate amount of tomato sauce and see for yourself.

Yes this is it. Restaurants give us enough pasta for 3 people at least.

I did a high carb diet preparing for an event a few months ago, and that involved a lot of whole wheat pasta with some chicken and mild seasoning. It was a actually hard for me to get as many calories as I wanted, because the pasta filled me up so much more than my normal diet.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member

51jINoKQaOL.jpg
    80 servings! How big is that package? That would be a 10-year supply for me! Lol
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    It's depressing ,right?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member

51jINoKQaOL.jpg
    80 servings! How big is that package? That would be a 10-year supply for me! Lol

10 lbs. I'm guessing a big box store.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I love spaghetti squash in place of regular pasta. When cooked correctly, it turns out the consistency of al dente angel hair. Just as rich and filling of a dish, but no guilt.