Losing 20 in your 20's! (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    YAY PEACHES WE DID GREAT!! and congratulations to everyone for doing a great job this first week! Let's all keep up the good work! I think my new exercise for the week will be running, I'll probably walk for a minute and then run for 30 seconds or so. I haven't run in a very very VERY long time so starting off small is probably the best way to go! I hope everyone has a good weekend! :smile:

Check out the Couch to 5k (C25K) program. That's what I used to start running in January, and now I can run a 5k with no breaks!
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    I need to take a poll to get some opinions:

I currently have the % weight lost for the teams as cumulative. This also means that the rank each week is cumulative so the previous week(s) factor into your rank. Do you want it to be based on each week or keep it cumulative? Or do you want me to add another row for the % lost that week and another rank for the weekly winner solely based on that week? Gosh this sounds confusing, I hope you know what I'm talking about!

Thanks,
    Ross

If it isn't super hard and complicated, I would like to see weekly and cumulative. That way we can compare our weeks, too. But if it's super hard, don't worry about it.
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Thanks thefreemans28, I'll definately check out C25K! And I think the idea of weekly and cumulative, so we know how we're doing from week to week!
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    YAY PEACHES!! :D

Congrats everyone for a successful 1st week!! :heart:

Ross - I think the idea of having both weekly & cumulative would be a good idea. That way it's like a weekly challenge & then overall. Also, should we do a weekly thread? Like start a new one every week? Or is that a little too much. I mean it IS in our archives.. LOL!!!
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree, it would be nice to have both, weekly and cumulative.
    What are you going to do about the people who stop the competition? Won't that team's members always come in last if someone just stops?
  • healthyhappy123
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I've updated the spreadsheet to have both weekly and cumulative. If anyone finds any mistakes, please let me know. I'll be continually inputting the equations for the weekly rank so hopefully I'll be able to catch any mistakes along the way.

Have a great weekend! Those of you on the east coast: hope you're ready for Irene! I'll be pulling in outdoor furniture today and bracing for the strong winds coming tomorrow.

Ross
  • craigk
    craigk Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for doing all this work Ross! You're Awesome!
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    So I have an idea for the next challenge :D
    Today, my sister's wedding party & the moms met up to discuss the bridal shower. After we were all done discussing what was needed, we all had a little time to spare before we really had to get going. I asked one of the bridesmaids, who I haven't seen for 3 weeks, what she does b/c she looked like she lost more weight. She told us that she cut out carbs after 4pm & lost 10lbs in one week. The only time she eats carbs after then is when she goes to the gym at night.

We only need carbs to act as fuel. If we don't need the energy at night, why do we need them? It's just going to store as fat on our bodies if we don't burn off the carbs.

So here's the similar challenge: Cut out carbs after 4 or 5, or right after you go to the gym (if you go at night time).
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I actually hurt my back over the weekend so I don't think I'll be able to start C25K this week :cry: . Does anybody have ideas for exercises I can do without hurting my back even more? I don't want to be a couch potato and let my Peachy Peaches down! Hope everyone has a great Monday morning and keep up the good work everyone!
  • Rioschica
    Rioschica Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good idea Paulahhhh, about the no carbs after 5pm idea. I am going to try it this week, although I will have to start tomarrow as I just ate a BLT at 5:15! But, no more for later tonight! :happy:
  • paulahhhh
    Options
    Good idea Paulahhhh, about the no carbs after 5pm idea. I am going to try it this week, although I will have to start tomarrow as I just ate a BLT at 5:15! But, no more for later tonight! :happy:

Lol!!! The sooner, the better!! :D
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    GREAT idea Paula!!!!!!!! That's gonna be a seriously hard challenge, but I am up to it!

LET'S MAKE IT A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!!!! (Especially you, fellow BLUE BERRIES!)
  • thefreemans28
    Options
    What are you going to do about the people who stop the competition? Won't that team's members always come in last if someone just stops?

I'm wondering about this, too, seeing as we seem to have lost rlosapio. She hasn't logged in for 3 days :-( and I don't think she ever posted a weight for last week :-(
  • healthyhappy123
    Options

I'm wondering about this, too, seeing as we seem to have lost rlosapio. She hasn't logged in for 3 days :-( and I don't think she ever posted a weight for last week :-(

I was thinking about this dilemma...Since I am the creator of this challenge, I feel it is my responsibility to make sure things are even and fair. Does anyone disagree with my idea to replace any dropouts with my own stats? i.e. I will be on whatever team someone drops out of? That way it would make it fair across the board and wouldn't put any added pressure on anyone but me (but I certainly don't mind...I actually need it!). Currently, my loyalty will remain with the BERRIES since that is where the issue has occurred, but if it happens on another team, I will put my stats in there as well. And don't worry...I don't plan on losing another 4 lbs in a week (which would equal 8lbs. for our team)!

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

Bummed about the lack of commitment but I understand people have circumstances in life that must be attended to.

Happy Monday everyone!

Ross
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Ross: I can't think of another solution so I'd say that'd work perfectly well. :)

I like that challenge Paulahhh. I need to cut my carbs down a bit so this'll be a good way to do it!
  • Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    Yeah, that solution seems fair! Also, I'll try to cut out carbs after 5 too! It's going to be difficult since I'm a starving university student who LIVES off pasta... that will have to change!!
  • candacens
    Options
    Im gamed no carbs after 5 ....
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I WOULD SAY EITHER REPLACE WITH YOUR OWN STATS OR GO BACK TO THE MAIN RECRUITMENT PAGE AND INVITE ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT GET IN FAST ENOUGH TO BE A LATE JOINER.
  • cmiles23
    cmiles23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I WOULD SAY EITHER REPLACE WITH YOUR OWN STATS OR GO BACK TO THE MAIN RECRUITMENT PAGE AND INVITE ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIDNT GET IN FAST ENOUGH TO BE A LATE JOINER.

OR- WE CAN LET MY COWORKER/BEST FRIEND JOIN AS ME AND HER STARTED A FRIENDLY COMPETITION THE MONDAY BEFORE WE STARTED THIS..... LOL BUT TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IF ANYONE WOULD NOT WANT ANY NEW JOINERS.
  • paulahhhh
    Options

OR- WE CAN LET MY COWORKER/BEST FRIEND JOIN AS ME AND HER STARTED A FRIENDLY COMPETITION THE MONDAY BEFORE WE STARTED THIS..... LOL BUT TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IF ANYONE WOULD NOT WANT ANY NEW JOINERS.

I don't say why not to your friend, if she's willing to do this with us! But that's on everyone else to decide, ya'know?!