Picky Eaters - So Frustrating!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    you have one who doenst like spice don't you? that's a pity. I like to just pan fry the shrimp with garlic and sambal oelek. serve with yummy sourdough bread that has been heated in the oven with some butter and herbs.

but, how about just stirfy the shrimp with some veg, soy sauce maybe (a little bit not a tonne) and serve with plain boiled white rice? quick easy and yummy.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I second the idea of you cook what you want, if they don’t like it, too bad so sad. Don’t allow yourself to be a short order cook when there are four adults in the house! Picky eaters stop being so picky when they are hungry. Thankfully aren’t dealing with true allergies! That would be the worst. But picky? Get in the kitchen and cook then, people!

I also like the suggestion of letting your daughter take charge of cooking one night! Great way to learn and bond with you! Same thing with the older daughter and her boyfriend. As long as they serve a salad and veggies with whatever they cook, you can eat healthy.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I can relate a little, my late hubby was the pickiest eater (no greens, mushrooms, peppers, olives, tomatoes, rice, beans, onions, veggies, fish, seafood, hamburgers, no Greek, Japanese, list goes on and on, etc.).

I would always make one meal for hubby, daughter, and myself. But in separate pan cook all my veggies. Plate theirs first, then mix sauteed or steamed veggies back into the pot with seasonings and spices I liked, let my serving simmer for a few more minutes.

Good luck!
  • Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I meal prep. You can still cook dinner for everyone else but at least your dinner for that evening is already made and just needs heating up/adjusting so you can avoid having to cook double in one night.
  • jennshepp27
    jennshepp27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello there! 😀 I’m am a very picky eater. SERIOUSLY!! It’s bad! I just didn’t grow up eating a healthy diet and with a husband I 3 kiddos I always have just done the easiest thing. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I want to do better!