Fitbit steps not calculating?

Anyone else having problems with the Fitbit steps/calories not computing correctly this afternoon? Earlier today they were correct but for some reason now it’s showing the steps (about 16,000) but giving me no exercise calories. Waiting for it to fix itself ...

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Yep. Started yesterday..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,326 Member
    Mine did it yesterday (makes it look like I was over calories). Working fine most of today, did same thing tonight but is currently looking correct.
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Yep. 71 minutes of exercise with 3 miles of running...barely over 100 exercise calories when it should be at least 400 😪 What a pain.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    I'm starting to suspect that this is model-dependent. I'm reading a lot of threads about Fitbit issues but I haven't had any. I have the new Inspire HR and the recent update for it so I'm wondering if those are relevant factors. Sometimes it may take a couple of minutes for MFP to update after I sync but that's about it.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Mine was fine most of the day yesterday. Then 200 exercise calories disappeared for about an hour. I knew there was a reported issue because I follow MyFitnessPalOps and FitbitSupport in Twitter. I check the twitter accounts for updates before trying to unlink and relink. I have the Fitbit Inspire HR

dgrt566h1p3p.png
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    Un-linking and re-linking increases the queue backlog and is of limited effect when the issue is widespread
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Un-linking and re-linking increases the queue backlog and is of limited effect when the issue is widespread

^This. I didn’t make it clear but that’s exactly why I check Twitter to see if others have issues or if a problem has been reported. And I try to give it several hours to “fix itself” if I don’t see reported issues.

• naoimhmathers
    naoimhmathers Posts: 1 Member
    Yes, this has happened to me as of 10th July and is ongoing, despite several emails back and forth to support. No sign of it fixing itself in nearly 3 weeks