to pierce or not to pierce....

Options
124»

Replies

• Crystalchaos72
    Options
    The only down fall with it is the balls, they clank on your teeth , I woulkd reccomend getting plastic ones. After, dentist friendly. Good luck whatever you decide! I had mine out for 5 years and all it needed was a "repoke".....love it:)
    Oh yeah, and if the ball falls off ....that is lovely.....make. Sure you tighten them every chance you get.
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Oh, and...you will never look at bubble gum and licking an ice cream cone the same again =(. But...that being said...those are the only two drawbacks =D.

So true :)

I love piercings! But if you have to ask for opinions as as to whether you should get one.....maybe you're not ready :) I've had a dozen, including tongue, and never regretted any of them. Healing is a b***h but well worth it. Good luck!
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    If its ur tongue thar ur going on about then get it done!! =) i really want mine done! I think when ive reached my goal weight (will be ages away yet) im going to go for it! :) people have told me it doesnt hurt when there doing it, just a bit tender after :) oh and ull be living off soup for a few weeks ;)
  • jessica_mom343
    jessica_mom343 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yep. Mine is. Got it done on my 21st b-day.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    don't do it. The hole will never close back up when you decide to get rid of it.

Uhm. That is just plain false information haha.

Might depend on the person but I mine did not heal fully when I took it out. You can still see a big hole where it ripped on the bottom.
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No....on piercings.....EEwwww
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    lol as my mom said to me when i was 18 and wanted it done

"people who suck random guys d*cks pierce their tongues"

I say no go!

I would say don't do it. This in coming from someone who did. I loved it when I had it but the negative attention that I got from men was not worth it. I don't like being treated like an object and that is what I became. Perhaps I was just not strong enough to say no and think more highly of myself but even if I could there are people out there that view tongue rings as sex objects.
  • KAT1892
    KAT1892 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do it, but only if you have thoroughly researched it and know what you are getting yourself into (the good and the bad). Before I got my piercings I researched the heck out of every single one and made the best decision for myself. And, above all, go to a reputable piercer who knows their stuff. You should also know enough so that you can tell if they know their stuff too (in terms of what they tell you is proper aftercare, and hygiene).

Either way, good luck!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I say no go!

I would say don't do it. This in coming from someone who did. I loved it when I had it but the negative attention that I got from men was not worth it. I don't like being treated like an object and that is what I became. Perhaps I was just not strong enough to say no and think more highly of myself but even if I could there are people out there that view tongue rings as sex objects.

i'm sorry that this was your experience, but it's not like that for everyone. for me, you wouldn't know i had one unless i made up my mind to show it to you because i have a small ball at the top and it doesn't change the way i articulate. as far as negative attention, i haven't gotten any, if i had, i didn't notice, but if it was brought to my attention i would promptly correct their erroneous line of thinking with a very sharp comeback. i think at the end of the day, when it comes to piercings and tats and unwanted perceptions/attention, it's about how you carry yourself that defines you more than body art. others' opinions haven't swayed my decision on what body parts i've chosen to accentuate through tattoos or piercings or whatever, not my parents, not society. it has to be your decision, and you have to be secure enough in yourself to not sweat the small stuff
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    As a guy I can say that I fully support tongue piercings...

LMFAO!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    As a guy I can say that I fully support tongue piercings...

On a completely unrelated note...are you really a swordsmith?

Because, well...I am.

I say no go!

i'm sorry that this was your experience, but it's not like that for everyone. for me, you wouldn't know i had one unless i made up my mind to show it to you because i have a small ball at the top and it doesn't change the way i articulate. as far as negative attention, i haven't gotten any, if i had, i didn't notice, but if it was brought to my attention i would promptly correct their erroneous line of thinking with a very sharp comeback. i think at the end of the day, when it comes to piercings and tats and unwanted perceptions/attention, it's about how you carry yourself that defines you more than body art. others' opinions haven't swayed my decision on what body parts i've chosen to accentuate through tattoos or piercings or whatever, not my parents, not society. it has to be your decision, and you have to be secure enough in yourself to not sweat the small stuff

This!

I can honestly say I've never noticed a girl with a tongue ring and thought 'oh wow...she's GOT to be easy...and she probably gives great....'.

Never.

Not once.

Ever.

It's a freaking decoration, just like any other piercing. If anything, piercings in general just say you're a little bit wilder than the next girl...and NOT in a sexual manner.
  • Ajbays10
    Ajbays10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I say go for it i have mine done had it for almost a year, I love all piercing thought..when i reach my goal weight im getting my triple belly button done....You only live once
  • hilarityensues
    hilarityensues Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Do it so i can live vicariously through you :p..when I went to go get it done one day i was turned down because my frenulum linguae was too high up on my tongue (he called it 'tongue-tied'), so there would have been no room, and too dangerous.
    Tongue piercings are hot!
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Oh I am totally going to do it!

:tongue:

:wink: