Lunch/Dinner/Snacks Ideas

Hi I thought I start this thread to see if we can contribute about what we eat for lunch/dinner/snacks ideas. I think it might help
Members who need a helping hand 🙂

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Definitely check out the Food and Nutrition and the Recipes message boards. There's a very active "What We Are Eating" thread and a recent Breakfast ideas thread, among many others. You'll probably get more ideas. :)

I'm a vegetarian. As far as snacks go, I like Greek yogurt, Sargento reduced fat cheese sticks, cottage cheese, fruit, raw vegetables.

• Frainy84
    Frainy84 Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks Sara for the information 🙂
  • Natalietia
    Natalietia Posts: 25 Member
    Sugar free jelly is a good one. A cup is only 8 calories and if you're a sugar addict like me it helps to take the craving away.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Lunch: usually salad. Use whatever greens you like (I usually have kale) , some other veg, and a protein.
    Dinner: pick a protein (chicken, pork, beef, fish, etc) and load up on vegetables.
    Snacks: fruit, crunchy veg, protein bar, Kay's naturals, or nuts
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,913 Member
    If i know I am going to be time poor I like to pre-cook a batch of things such as turkey or beef meatballs (depends on if I have poverty macros or not). That way I can just grab and go. They work as a snack or if I add it to salad plus rice or vegetables they turn into lunch or dinner.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    zdolyb2zrhnu.jpg

One egg omelet, I usually plate with avocado, cherry tomatoes, diced onions, and some fresh greens on the side! I can eat omelets for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Tex-Mex is my favorite.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee, sometimes a breakfast bar type thing
    Lunch: Nothing
    Snack: Usually nothing, but sometimes I'll grab a muesli bar or cheese and crackers or something
    Dinner: Whatever I feel like, pizza, burger and fries, kebab, pasta, anything I feel like up to about 800-900cal
    Desert: 3 or 4 fun size chocolate bars
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    edited July 2019
    11 am Brunch: up to 600 calories of whatever I feel like having, no rules except for the calorie limit
    3 pm Snack:100-200 calories: banana, granola bar, broad beans, almonds, sardines, etc.
    6:30 Dinner: up to 700 calories, emphasis on healthy, balanced eating most of the time
    6:55 Desert: all remaining calories to take me to (but not past) 1600: Dove mini chocolates, Loacker mini wafer cookies, etc.
    • Sometimes lunch or snack cals are borrowed to add to dinner for an 800-900 calorie dinner
    • Eating window closes at 7 pm, reopens for brunch at 11 am.
    • No "cheat" meals. Any treats / special foods are worked into the dinner.
    • A lot of days are planned out and logged the previous night or by brunchtime so that nothing's left to chance with the calories