Dumb and funny flirting failures

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I can’t flirt to save my life, so anything that comes out of my mouth around people I find attractive typically sounds dumb.

Likewise. I can joke around with friends and coworkers but put me in the company of someone I'm attracted to and I get super formal. Or just mute.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    I can’t flirt to save my life, so anything that comes out of my mouth around people I find attractive typically sounds dumb.

Likewise. I can joke around with friends and coworkers but put me in the company of someone I'm attracted to and I get super formal. Or just mute.

Ohhh. Yeah. The formal thing. I guess I do that too
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    One time I got a message from what I’m pretty sure was a robot on Instagram, but I decided to have a conversation and see how long it would go and she quit talking to me without even trying to get me to a website
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Flirting with strangers is a fascinating way to observe and experience different human interactions/behaviours

@JustReadTheInstructions

great post !

...... what are you wearing ?
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    larali2 wrote: »
    I was sitting in the car at the convenience store when my husband walked in to get us drinks. Out walks a hawt guy. I couldn't help but notice that he was hawt so our eyes kind of met. Then his little girl walked out behind him. IT WAS MY DAUGHTER'S BEST FRIEND. Who lives in our neighborhood. The kid practically lives at my house. Awkwardness ensues. Luckily they just moved.

great post !

• Motorsheen
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Not flirting, but an attempt at a compliment? from a client to me

"You look beautiful today...no, wait, I, I mean everyday...you do look kinda tired tho...I think of you every day, when I wake up"

And that got awkward quick

great post !

• Motorsheen
    Options
    All of my flirting failures are painful and sad and I’ve managed to shove most of them into the deep dark recesses of forgetfulness. The next time one of them bobs to the surface I’ll try to turn it into a story for you. 🙂

@your_future_ex_wife

great post !

• Motorsheen
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I remember back when I was a teenager (damn that's depressing to say) I had a friend whose mom would dress really snazzy and I dug her style.

One day I'm over at his house sitting at the kitchen table waiting for him to get ready and his mom comes home from work decked out in a snappy ensemble, as per usual. I said to her, "Dang, Mrs. G., those pants are tight!" (tight meaning cool, awesome, radiant... that was the slang back then)
    And as she's putting the groceries away she just casually responds back, "Oh thanks, I don't like them baggy."

I just sat there frozen. It wasn't even intended to be flirtatious, just wanted to see if a young buck could make a grown woman blush is all.

great post !

...... what are y....

oh.

wait.

never mind.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    @Motorsheen

Gym shorts and a sweaty tank.

No? Just another fail for the pile 😢
  • Motorsheen
    Options

980x.gif
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    All of my flirting failures are painful and sad and I’ve managed to shove most of them into the deep dark recesses of forgetfulness. The next time one of them bobs to the surface I’ll try to turn it into a story for you. 🙂

@your_future_ex_wife

great post !

Oh hay sweetheart. You so smooth
    awtfu1vn2pcg.jpeg
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    @Motorsheen

Gym shorts and a sweaty tank.

No? Just another fail for the pile 😢

I'm on a losing streak..... I damn sure am.

Even my artificial house plants died because I didn't pretend to wear them.

• Motorsheen
    Options
    Like everything else in life, Practice, Practice, Practice.....

For me, it's a numbers game; eventually some girl will be either nearsighted, desperate or really, really stupid.

( it usually takes all three. ) *shrug
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options

For me, it's a numbers game; eventually some girl will be either nearsighted, desperate or really, really stupid.

I think that's actually a good philosophy. I just wish I knew what flirting was, to know how to flirt. Then I could practice too.
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    Options
    mattig89ch wrote: »

I think that's actually a good philosophy. I just wish I knew what flirting was, to know how to flirt. Then I could practice too.

That's essentially the same thing I told you in the selfie thread the other day, although I was kinda bein a smart *kitten*.

Not that I'm any kind of an expert, but it starts with just being yourself and comfortable with it. Humans can sense tension in one another. Be it man or woman, nothing is more attractive than confidence in yourself.

Now that's out of the way, what are you wearing, Jake from state farm?
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

I just lose the ability to speak properly. Everything comes out a jumbled mess and I use the wrong words or just forget the words completely
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Don't know how. If I tried, it would come out awkward.
  • FinelyFermented
    FinelyFermented Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Calling a girl the wrong name repeatedly, even after she corrected me a couple times. Total fail!