Women 200lb+, Let's Aim High This July!!!

Replies

• natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Still sitting at around 203-204, partly because I am returning from a family reunion where the food was good and the drinks were flowing. This week I plan to jump right back to my plan , hopefully all the water weight will go away. I have an event this weekend and a trip next weekend . So *cross fingers I do not allow those things to derail me from my goal. The great thing is that August I have no trips planned ( except my Bday) so I can go as hard as I was in May and June. I still hope to get into onderland by the end of the month (we will see)….
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Everyone is so inspiring! I’m on my way back to 196. I was 198.8 this morning. I wasn’t feeling well yesterday, but I stuck to my calorie goals. I’m going to try to work out today. I’m still not feeling great, but a lot better than yesterday, so I’m at least walking the dog twice, which is about 1.2 miles.
    Food today:
    Breakfast protein shake with organic baby spring mix and strawberries
    Lunch organic David’s seed bread with turkey, cheese, lettuce, cucumber, 6 pieces California roll, 1.3 cups cherries
    Dinner one cup Bonza chick pea pasta with sauce and chicken, carrots, celery, cucumber
  • Momjogger
    IsETHome wrote: »
    HW 242 (June 2018)
    CW 202-207 (June 2019) - unfortunately 207 as of this am.
    GW for July 199

July Goals
    10 day mini boot camp 01 July to 10 July
    During these first 10 days time (exercise twice each day - swim/walk am/pm)
    Add a couple of land aerobic classes (at least try them)
    Stick very strictly to my calorie intake.
    No eating after 7pm

Ok....so this is the update.

CW 200.0 lowest I’ve been in 11 years!!!
    Stuck fairly well to food
    Did a land aerobics once ouch...sore wasn’t great
    Twice a day was hard, was able to do that a few times.
    Had a couple of unexpected life hick ups.....went to gym anyway

Congratulations! It’s great that you got to the gym even with your life hiccups. That’s an accomplishment. I’m finally the lowest I’ve been in 4 years (under 200) and it feels like an accomplishment, especially because I can fit into my shorts and some nice dresses I haven’t been able to wear in a while. It seemed like such a long way to go, but I’m starting to get back into enjoying food without letting it rule my life.
  • Momjogger
    Terytha wrote: »
    Finally! It wasn't a whoosh but I finally saw 239 on the scale. Officially into the 230's at last. Considering my heaviest was 276 at the beginning of the year, that's pretty crazy.

@tamz81 Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: Yogurt cup, honeycrisp apple, large coffee with milk and sugar.

Lunch: Chicken thigh and green beans w/salt and a little butter.

Dinner: impossible cheeseburger pie. It's one of the higher calorie things we make but it's sooo good. It's ground beef, pancake mix and cheese, basically.

What kind of yogurt do you eat? My favorite is Oikos Greek triple black vanilla. Lots of protein, fiber, and Stevia sweetened. I also add a couple T spoons of Bear Naked granola when I eat it with an apple.
    Did you eat veggies with your cheeseburger pie? I try to eat celery and carrots and cucumbers before a meal that I know is high calorie so I stick to my serving plan.
  • Momjogger
    SLara2012 wrote: »
    Hello!

New to this board and looking to make some connections in my weight. It’s been quite awhile since I have really given it my all to lose weight. I have 2 boys, ages 2 and 5, and I stay at home. I find motivation to keep going on weight loss difficult. But at 240 and NEVER thought it would be this bad.....EVER.

I hope to talk more with you all! 😊

I have two boys. When they were little it was so hard to lose weight. I got up to 228, maybe higher when they were little, and I’m only 5 3. I didn’t really start losing weight until they were in their teens. I hope you stay on this journey and put yourself first on this journey to health. It would be great to cheer on someone doing something for themselves that I couldn’t. It would inspire me!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Momjogger wrote: »
    Terytha wrote: »
    Finally! It wasn't a whoosh but I finally saw 239 on the scale. Officially into the 230's at last. Considering my heaviest was 276 at the beginning of the year, that's pretty crazy.

@tamz81 Today's meal plan:

Breakfast: Yogurt cup, honeycrisp apple, large coffee with milk and sugar.

Lunch: Chicken thigh and green beans w/salt and a little butter.

Dinner: impossible cheeseburger pie. It's one of the higher calorie things we make but it's sooo good. It's ground beef, pancake mix and cheese, basically.

What kind of yogurt do you eat? My favorite is Oikos Greek triple black vanilla. Lots of protein, fiber, and Stevia sweetened. I also add a couple T spoons of Bear Naked granola when I eat it with an apple.
    Did you eat veggies with your cheeseburger pie? I try to eat celery and carrots and cucumbers before a meal that I know is high calorie so I stick to my serving plan.

I just got this giant pack of Kirkland yogurt cups from Costco. I prefer the Oikos stuff but sometimes have to be budget conscious.

I don't eat veggies at home very often. I barely tolerate them and husband straight up won't eat them. Impossible cheeseburger pie is very filling anyway. We tend to lean to recipes that don't need side dishes since we both hate cooking.

Tonight I think we're just doing hot chicken sandwiches since we're both sick.
  • Momjogger
    My hubby isn’t big on veggies either. I try to sneak cauliflower rice in with the regular rice when I make fried rice. 😂
  • IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    CW- 284
    GW (July)- 270
    GW - 180

I’d like to stop drinking alcohol so often in July!!! I feel like I use so many things as an excuse to indulge and I know it’s just empty calories.

I set up mini challenges for myself each month. I made May a no alcohol and no chip month, you could do the same for the rest of July and all of August?
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Starting again for at least the tenth time. Bad choices, Prednisone, torn tendon on the bottom of my foot- yada, yada, yada. We have all heard this before.

SW: 220
    CW: 214.6
  • dawnreeves1
    dawnreeves1 Posts: 17 Member
    I’m 225 first goal is to be 199 by end of August. Already lost 5 pounds.
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi ladies! Well, I weighed in today and am down to 226. Another pound down. Such a long road, it's like every day is a struggle. Baby steps, though! I'd like to be around 215 by the end of August.

SW: 254 (03/04/2019 - before baby was born)
    CW: 226 = -28lbs
    CGW: 215 = -39lbs
    UGW: 155 (Maybe? I can't figure out how to find out your ideal weight! That's the last one I remember feeling good at) = -99lbs
  • stephaniehricak
    stephaniehricak Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there!

I’m newer to MFP and am looking for others that have some weight to lose to keep me motivated and going. I recently (since October) have gained 10 pounds, and need to start by losing that 10 pounds and more. But my first goal is to lose the 10 that got me here.

I’m newer to calorie counting, and am also trying to walk 40-50 minutes a day, and if not than walking and some other sort of cardio to get to about 50 minutes a day. Once I’ve fallen into this routine of working out and being within my calories I’ll add in more intense workouts. But I don’t want to overdo it to start.

Anyone with suggestions, tips, etc. please feel free to friend me! I could you all the support and motivation! I also love to be motivating to others!!
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited July 2019
    So I'm done being sick and I lost almost five pounds overnight lol.
    WendyH0610 wrote: »
    Hello everybody, I was scheduled to have bariatric surgery this coming Monday, but just the prep made me so sick, and unable to function or form a clear thought, I canceled surgery. Problem is, I’m still 236 pounds at 5’6”. I downloaded this app to hopefully help, inspire, and motivate me to be disciplined and lose this weight organically. I saw this group, and thought maybe I could find some support and cammraderie with people who understand what I’m going through. 😊

I'm also 236 at 5'6". I was 276 in February though. I'm aiming for 200 by Christmas. Aim with me. We can do it! :smile:
  • beebva4
    beebva4 Posts: 130 Member
    Well yesterday I finally hit onederland, today it stuck! I have met my original July goal (my birthday month).
    HW in June 2018 242, SW in November on MFP 236, CW 198.8 - I also had measured in May (which was only about 7 lbs ago), and retook my measurements today - I dropped 1.5 inches in my hips and .5 inches around my neck - which shows the exercise is toning up also. My bust was also slightly smaller, and my waist stayed about the same. My next goal is to be 190 by the end of September.... I'll think about August goals for our next board.

That is awesome! I recently hit the 100s again and I legit cried tears of joy! Congrats!
  • OneSourApple
    OneSourApple Posts: 18 Member
    Well yesterday I finally hit onederland, today it stuck! I have met my original July goal (my birthday month).
    HW in June 2018 242, SW in November on MFP 236, CW 198.8 - I also had measured in May (which was only about 7 lbs ago), and retook my measurements today - I dropped 1.5 inches in my hips and .5 inches around my neck - which shows the exercise is toning up also. My bust was also slightly smaller, and my waist stayed about the same. My next goal is to be 190 by the end of September.... I'll think about August goals for our next board.

Congrats in loosing inches, keep up the good work!!!!
  • OneSourApple
    OneSourApple Posts: 18 Member
    I hit an all new low! 209.8!

Congrats!