Zero progress

Options
30 days in low carb. Watching my macros and exercising. I have joint issues so I do cardio pool 2xs a week pretty hard. This exhausts me. Recovering from cancer treatment from 3 years ago. So how much have I lost? NOTHING. I have been almost perfect with my eating. I am so disgusted. Need to lose at least 30 pounds. Yes, I am drinking water. Yes, I have tried keto. Yes, I have tried intermittent fasting. Nothing works. Any suggestions?

Replies

• TammyGermiller
    TammyGermiller Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been coming in under the calories I was told to eat. I just can’t get to 1800 with the macros given to me. I will check out the posts. Thank you
  • TammyGermiller
    Options
    Thank you
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    oh my posts are woo ed all the time - even the most innocuous ones.

There are some woo happy and I'm sure flag happy readers here.

Maybe somebody skim read post (very skim read!! ) and thought your links were to advertising sites??

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    oh my posts are woo ed all the time - even the most innocuous ones.

There are some woo happy and I'm sure flag happy readers here.

Maybe somebody skim read post (very skim read!! ) and thought your links were to advertising sites??

woo i get it's an opinion. flagging means moderators have to check it!
  • TammyGermiller
    Options
    Who the heck flagged? I don’t see a problem. Thank you for your response
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Possible misunderstanding. Someone may have thought that flag was a way of marking the response for later reference like you'll 'flag' important emails.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    lgfrie wrote: »
    Good advice above. My two cents: you've got some conceptual diet clutter going on - keto, macros, calories, etc etc. Clear the decks and simplify.

1. Put aside macros and other distractions for a while, and eat strictly to your calorie target using a scale to measure everything. Forget all the carb theories for a while; they only affect water retention, not fat loss, in any event. If you would love a slice of pizza, have one, same goes for pasta, a sub, whatever. Just eat what you like -- up to the calorie target and never beyond it, that's the key.

2. Lose weight for a month or two. You will lose weight if you do step 1.

3. Then, when you have a solid success under your belt, maybe take another look at macros if you feel that is important.

^^^ This. x100.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    I think most people will find scale readings more accurate way of tracking weight loss myself

Although, yes, one can also corroborate with other things: waist measurements, clothes fittings etc.

If OP has lost no weight, I doubt the other things would of changed.
  • shoebarb
    shoebarb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You mention you are recovering from cancer. Is it possible that you are on a medication that is inhibiting weight loss?
    As a fellow survivor, it has taken several years to get back on track for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings