Favorite coffee?

2»

Replies

• Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    I like light roasts the best because they have the most retained caffeine. The roasting process destroys caffeine, but imparts flavor. Flavor-wise, I like medium roasts the best. Caffeine-wise, I prefer blonde roasts. Dark and espresso roasts taste acrid and burned to me. I've done lots of coffee tastings and have gone to coffee conventions. I've had the good fortune to go to a convention with the owner of the above reference coffee roaster. I learned so much about coffee!

The school where I work has a student run, on-campus barista where we teach students the coffee trade. We have our own medium roast blend that we sell in the coffee shop and at various school events. We also sell that blend to the public in whole bean or custom grind.

This was so informative! Thank you!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited July 2019
    I am a big fan of JamesHoffman's Youtube channel. He won the World Barista Championship a few years ago, and puts out a lot of good content. His book is also good, the World Coffee Atlas.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMb0O2CdPBNi-QqPk5T3gsQ
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    I like light roasts the best because they have the most retained caffeine. The roasting process destroys caffeine, but imparts flavor. Flavor-wise, I like medium roasts the best. Caffeine-wise, I prefer blonde roasts. Dark and espresso roasts taste acrid and burned to me. I've done lots of coffee tastings and have gone to coffee conventions. I've had the good fortune to go to a convention with the owner of the above reference coffee roaster. I learned so much about coffee!

The school where I work has a student run, on-campus barista where we teach students the coffee trade. We have our own medium roast blend that we sell in the coffee shop and at various school events. We also sell that blend to the public in whole bean or custom grind.

Same!! I love the taste of medium blends, but go for the blondes because of caffeines.

I used to think espresso tasted burnt, but somewhere in too many coffee tastings, I started craving them.

I worked as a barista, and when customers would ask for the strongest coffee, we'd have to ask strongest flavor or strongest caffeine. People were always surprised.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Starbucks. Trader Joe.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Cafe Bustelo!
  • paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    Black Rifle Coffee Company. My current is Silencer Smooth. Any of you coffee lovers can add me!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    My favorite is from Congo Coffee Project. It's delicious coffee, with a good mission. https://coffeetalk.com/ctmagazine/07-2013/5147/ It's a dark (full city) roast with a full rich, almost chocolatey flavor. We drink this on weekends when we have time to enjoy it.

Weekday coffee is whatever kind of dark roast was on sale at the local discount/bulk grocery store.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Kicking Horse from B.C Canada. The kick *kitten* dark roast blend is my favourite. ☕️
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Generic off the shelf at markets brands mostly.
    I cannot stand Starbucks. Locals often have some decent sales on specialty brands, but honestly, they all start to taste the same to me after a day or two.

Favorite? Whatever is waiting for me in the pot at 0200.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm loving Black Rifle Coffee and now on their automatic order list. Great variety and a great company.

https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/

I have a buddy who is trying to increase the North African coffee trade and have been helping him import beans to some local processors - really robust varieties for those who love their coffee strong.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    1lb-featured_1024x1024.png?v=1544637693
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Tim Hortons!
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    I prefer buying from local roasters also but usually I end up going to Starbucks most days because it's more readily available to me, even though I don't like their coffee at all. When I have the opportunity though, local roasters all the way. There are some pretty awesome roasters in my area and it's really fun discovering new places, trying things I've never had before.

When I was making my espresso using a moka pot (which no longer brews well unfortunately), I was buying Lavazza which I enjoyed. However, nothing will ever beat espresso directly from the bars in Italy. I miss it! :s
  • algrif37
    algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
    I love Bones coffee. I order it online So many delicious flavors!
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,821 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm another one that suggests you try some locally roasted beans (I prefer dark roasts for the flavour). And whenever we go on holiday that's what I usually bring back as my "souvenir".
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I have a Keurig, so I'm not about grinding my own beans and such. Plus, I drink like 1-2 cups a day, max, and my husband drinks tea so it would be a waste. I'm also cheap. :D So, Wide Awake's Wide Awake Blend is my favorite. I also like the Great Value Blonde Roast. And Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce if I'm in the mood for flavored coffee. And recently my brother bought some Chock Full o'Nuts k-cups for my Dad, which he hated, but I quite enjoyed the Midtown Manhattan Blend.
  • tylertrauma22
    tylertrauma22 Posts: 5 Member
    I’ve been using a new coffee that has supplements in it! It’s delicious with a little sugar free creamer and I’m down 10 pounds this month!
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    Kicking Horse from B.C Canada. The kick *kitten* dark roast blend is my favourite. ☕️

Me too...love Kicing Horse - Fair Traded/ Sustainable/ Organic and yummy. My 'have to haves' are Espresso (a must every morning) and actually really like their Decaf
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2019
    I also have a Ninja.

TBH, we are cheap. We've been drinking Dunkin in a Sams Club sized bag.

But I bought DH King's Coast Coffee for Father's day, and it was so good, we finally decided to subscribe and have it delivered since we are running out of Sam's Dunkin.

As much as I hate the term "woke" the "Get Woke Blend" is the best one we've tried. It just shipped today and I can't wait to have it.

King's Coast is how I quit having sugar in my coffee. It's that good.

https://www.kingscoastcoffee.com/collections/blends/products/professor-bromans-get-woke-roast