Any serial starters need a buddy?

DizzyBees
DizzyBees Posts: 3 Member
Female, 27, 5”2’, 175 hoping to get to under 130. I’ve started and stopped many times. Looking for motivation or people for accountability.

Replies

• cassieameliaburton
    cassieameliaburton Posts: 4 Member
    Hi
    New here, not sure on how it all works but looking for someone to journey with help kick my *kitten* and keep me motivated. Vise versa.
    32 F 168cms 100kgs first goal 85kgs before end of yr.
    Can only do light exercises as pelvis surgery beginning of year.
  • Suzettedl
    Suzettedl Posts: 30 Member
    Start and stop weight watchers. Female. 50. 148. Want to get to 130. Can’t seem to break my bad habits
  • clwhite07
    clwhite07 Posts: 5 Member
    I only start again every other week. I lost a lot of weight due to stress 4 years ago and I am now gaining it back. I'm at 148 now and would like to get back down to 125 before I get back up to 180. Would love buddies to keep me accountable!
  • 2Abeach
    2Abeach Posts: 4 Member
    I think I've been back and forth at least 3 times on MFP but too many times to count at weight loss attempts. I have tried everything. This time I am trying to eat low carb, Keto. It has been about a week and still getting used to eating all this fast. But seems to be working but need to give it a few weeks, at least, before I say for sure. Would love to get under 140 to somewhere close. So about 60-65 pounds to lose. I am 5'3, pretty short! It seems many of the posts on here are very old and almost like a ghost town on here since the last time I was on. But I have been logging my food daily and appreciate any support and advice on Keto. Will also support anyone else on their journey!
  • Chgogrl3828
    Chgogrl3828 Posts: 2 Member
    New to Keto but really want to give it a try. Any tips greatly appreciated. Would love accountability buddies. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Only 2 lbs lost in 10 days. I now know that sour cream, guacamole add up carbs quickly. Thought I was doing well but frustrated now.
  • lewdkiss
    lewdkiss Posts: 90 Member
    Yup. I’m always starting over. I’m trying to make this the last time. I’ve got about 50 lbs or so to lose. Feel free to add me.
  • jhuguez
    jhuguez Posts: 15 Member
    Starting over again also. Looking to lose 25 pounds but having trouble getting past 5. Definitely could use some extra support to stay consistent. Feel free to add me.
  • jennifercooney9747
    jennifercooney9747 Posts: 6 Member
    I’m always starting over. It feels like every month I’m telling myself “this time!” I want this to be my last start, dang it! I am 140 , 5’1, and my mini- goal is 125. I’d honestly be happy to fit into my old clothes comfortably again. 3 years ago I weighed 115 and that’s where I’d like to end up again, ideally. Feel free to add me, I’d love a buddy and I’d love to lend support as well!
  • ttt123123
    ttt123123 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm a serial starter too. Please add me. This time is IT. Would love to be a buddy to cheer you on!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    If you're a serial starter than embrace it rather than trying to fight it.

Serial starting a half a dozen different approaches back to back over 12 months will give you the exact same results as sticking with one approach for 12 months.
  • kirstyandmychihuahua
    kirstyandmychihuahua Posts: 20 Member
    Me! 27, with almost 60lbs to lose 🤪 most of which i lost 6 years ago but it's slowly come back.
  • sadie60005
    sadie60005 Posts: 17 Member
    Yep!! 60-80 to lose here. Again.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Yes, add me!!!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Welcome to the community! <3

Best wishes for your journey.

If you haven't already read the stickies at the top of the getting started forums, do so. They'll help.
  • Me4now2Day
    Me4now2Day Posts: 56 Member
    Serial starter here too. Today’s a rough day. Looking for friends. Add me if you’d like.
  • souschefsam
    souschefsam Posts: 35 Member
    New to Keto but really want to give it a try. Any tips greatly appreciated. Would love accountability buddies. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Only 2 lbs lost in 10 days. I now know that sour cream, guacamole add up carbs quickly. Thought I was doing well but frustrated now.

Do you share your food diary with friends? If you have room for another supportive friend, please add me! :)
  • isacarvleitao
    isacarvleitao Posts: 17 Member
    Forth attempt at MFP. I feel like I'm really making a change life-style wise this time. I'm 4'11'', 119 lbs (lost 13 since starting this, then regained, then lost again.. I think 114 is the lowest I've been since I realized I was not liking my body), wanting to lose 13 more and to tone up. I want to change how I eat and how much I exercise for life. I also started running, and suck at it, so I'm training to get better. I don't want to give up this time, I am tired of hating my body.

Add me and let's not give up together.
  • xblinkiiix
    xblinkiiix Posts: 24 Member
    yup. Please- anyone feel free to add me and yell at me when I go M.I.A lmao. Will do the same in return!
  • tiawlewis83
    tiawlewis83 Posts: 7 Member
    Yep. I think this is my 5th time starting. Add me please so we can motivate each other
  • conniev2018
    conniev2018 Posts: 8 Member
    Add me too = starting for the 8th time and sad I cant get it right!!!!!