Is giving up strength training my best option?

Okay so I know I’ve posted many posts and I really did took everyone’s advice, I’ve been busy doing college hours so counting calories frustrates me. But I am following Strong Curves right now, I just feel I really won’t get the results I want with working out and eating healthy. I’ll look just okay but not how I want. I feel I should just give up and get some work done. I’m not saying this because it’s the easy way but I think it’s the best way, I know I will never have bigger hips and a small waist. I will never have the butt I want to have. I feel Im waisted money and time and I’ve gotten comments from so many people glutes can’t really grow THAT big and I really want big glutes. I don’t know what to do at times, I know many can say I just want to give up. I really don’t but I really want to look better to feel better about myself. I’m tired of feeling like this. WHAT DO I DOOOOO!?!?!?

Replies

• JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Looking at your pictures you are a very attractive woman. I don't think your glutes need to be bigger but that is only my thought. I can only say that sometimes the image we want is not something we can have. I want 6 pack abs but I will never get them. I base this off I tried like heck to get them in boot camp and if I could not get them there its not happening now. I guess my advice is maybe make the best of what you got because what you got looks pretty great. Or, maybe focus on something else and let it happen on its own. Either way I wish you the best. and good luck Janet. (friend and or message if you want)

Thank you. I really appreciate you! But still, I really want to better my body. I just thought with strength training it was possible to have big gluteus but I guess I was wrong. I don’t want small glutes anymore :(
  • JanetReyna
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't come across as harsh but speaking from experience, a few aquaintances have altered the way they look, hoping to finally be happy with their body. Unfortunately, they discovered pretty quickly something else they were unhappy about, or the fix itself.
    Turns out, these problems are in the mind, not the body. And won't go away if the mind stays the same.
    Therapy for body image issues might be your best bet.

I’m just tired of working hard and at the end of being happy with my body. It takes hard work to have energy to go to the gym, and to know I will look the same or just bleh. Why give it my all if it’s not going to be worth it. I wish I could have a body builder just train my lower body and make me get super thick LOL.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    I'd keep working out to improve what you do have. I'm not totally happy with how I look but love the muscle I'm gaining. I'll never have small hips, I wear a higher Jean size than most people at my weight. Try to accept your body as it is and seek therapy if you need to. If you decide you want implants after working hard to build glutes and it's best for you, then do it. I don't personally think a surgery will make you happy but it's your body.
  • JanetReyna
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    How long have you been lifting/doing strong curves? It literally takes years to build glutes (any muscle really) unless you are genetically blessed. The average I am seeing for women that have small glutes to really grow them is roughly 6 years. So if it is something you really want to do, then you need to be patient. Secondary to patience, what is your nutrition like? Are you eating at a calorie surplus with a high protein diet? You will need that too if you want to grow your glutes. It is a serious commitment to grow muscle and you will have to go through some fat gain as well to make it happen.

Maybe like 2 months with SC and I don’t count calories, I have a lot of stomach fat so I need to lose weight first. But I don’t want my small glutes to go away then I’ll be left with nothing :( 6 years is a lot omggggg :((
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    AgentFlex wrote: »
    How long have you been lifting/doing strong curves? It literally takes years to build glutes (any muscle really) unless you are genetically blessed. The average I am seeing for women that have small glutes to really grow them is roughly 6 years. So if it is something you really want to do, then you need to be patient. Secondary to patience, what is your nutrition like? Are you eating at a calorie surplus with a high protein diet? You will need that too if you want to grow your glutes. It is a serious commitment to grow muscle and you will have to go through some fat gain as well to make it happen.

Maybe like 2 months with SC and I don’t count calories, I have a lot of stomach fat so I need to lose weight first. But I don’t want my small glutes to go away then I’ll be left with nothing :( 6 years is a lot omggggg :((

Ok, breathe! :) So why don't you count calories? You should get a handle on your intake and start tracking your macros as well. Is your weight staying steady or are you currently losing or gaining? If you are at an overall healthy weight, but have some fat to lose, I would suggest eating at maintenance calories or slightly above, lift a lot of weights and eat a lot of protein. You will go through some body recomposition where you will lose fat and potentially build some muscle. This will work on reducing the belly fat. Once you get comfortable with that area you can focus more on eating at a caloric surplus to gain muscle. That said, you will not gain it in just your glutes.

Seriously though, patience.
  • hixa30
    hixa30 Posts: 274 Member
    This article is grim reading about butt augmentation treatment. One doctor said that their maximum enlargement was 350 cm3, which is equivalent to about a cup and a half. Get a cup and a half of something, spread it over your butt cheeks and you won't notice much difference.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/a19995561/butt-implants/