Birthday Cookies

Options
So my Birthday was the other day and my office brought me in cookies. Really annoyed. Most know I have fitness goals and don't eat junk... i put the cookies in the breakroom for other ppl but people got offended. "whats a matter you didn't like them". Just venting.. im tired of office always finding excuses for cookies. cakes, donuts, candy and lately once a weeek they even bring in pizzas.
It's like nobody cares about health. These people don't need to be eating cookies all day so stop using my Birthday as an excuse to indulge in bad behavior and pressure others to eat them too.

Replies

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,310 Member
    Options
    Only bad behavior is being selfish..

So the op turned to health "expert" and expect others to follow. How rude of them to have fun and enjoy once awhile.🙄

• bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    SeanD2407 wrote: »
    I'm picking up on the zeal of the 'newly converted', so I'm guessing that you're relatively new to this weight-loss thing. There are couple of handy factoids that might help you see why your venting was unnecessary.

- Humans are social animals; food is a big part of that
    - One cookie, burger, <insert evil food option here> is not going to derail your progress

Just be grateful that your co-workers chose to mark the occasion and move on with your life.

Went from 5"6 218lb to 153lb as of this morning. Been logging almost 600 days straight. I've had ups, downs, plateaus ect. Just saying if i ate the garbage brought into work every day.. no progress would be made

Congratulations on your results! Clearly you've figured out what works for you - which makes the venting a little more confusing to me.

But that's a 'me' problem.

Keep on keepin' on...