I need help with my lower belly! Seriously ... HELP

Options
Any advice on how to keep my booty and get rid of my belly fat?

What foods should I be eating?
I’m 170cm tall and weigh 64kgs.. how many calories should I be eating?
What exercises should I be doing?
How much protein, carbs and fats should I be consuming? Helppppppp

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    runjosrun wrote: »
    Cardio, cardio, cardio!!

What do you currently do for workouts? Also You need to burn overall fat while creating a calorie deficit

This advise makes no sense at all. If you're in a calorie deficit you lose weight. This is from a combination of body fat and muscle. By lifting weights one can prevent some muscle loss; cardio does not do that.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    cardio burns calories, or course its not necessary it can speed up the process and build endurance for lifting

I doubt the physiological adaptations that come with cardio have much if anything to do with those needed for lifting.

But you're right that it does help with the calorie out side of CICO. The question is does OP need any help with that? Because if not, there are better things they can do, especially given the "keep my booty" qualifier.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Any advice on how to keep my booty and get rid of my belly fat?

What foods should I be eating?
    I’m 170cm tall and weigh 64kgs.. how many calories should I be eating?
    What exercises should I be doing?
    How much protein, carbs and fats should I be consuming? Helppppppp

You are a healthy weight, but could lose a few more lbs if you wanted to. You should be set to lose no more than 0.5lbs per week, then eat the calories MFP gives you. It doesn't matter what foods you eat or what macros you choose (though it's important you eat a healthy diet and prioritize foods that fill you up so you can be healthy and not hungry). Specific exercise can strengthen your abs, but don't do anything to the layer of fat that might be over your abs :wink:

Read the link in Sardelsa's post. This one might help too:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,071 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Cardio, cardio, cardio!!

What do you currently do for workouts? Also You need to burn overall fat while creating a calorie deficit

This advise makes no sense at all. If you're in a calorie deficit you lose weight. This is from a combination of body fat and muscle. By lifting weights one can prevent some muscle loss; cardio does not do that.

I hate that term "cardio". Too many things included.

"Cardio" can potentially prevent some muscle loss: It depends on what the "cardio" is, and whether it challenges the muscles of the particular person doing it. On another thread, someone suggested that I have deltoids (shrug; dunno) . . . if I do, they came primarily from "cardio" (that I do know).

I'd still recommend strength training to the OP (or anyone else), because it's the most efficient way to build strength and preserve or build muscle. Do as I say, not as I do, says the hypocrite. ;)

And yes, for a "keep booty lose belly fat" goal, strength training is likely to be especially on point, particularly if the right focus is in the program chosen.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    cardio burns calories, or course its not necessary it can speed up the process and build endurance for lifting

Breathing and generally living also burns calories.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in keeping the booty and reshaping your body, given you are already at a healthy weight, I'd recommend a slight deficit to shed a few pounds and strength training.

I'd recommend Strong Curves, since you are interested in maintaining/enhancing your curves.
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys
    I am training and have been training hard in the last 3-4years Ive remained consistent. I have a naturally slim body type I think u call it an ectomorph? So I use to weigh 53kg and I gained 11kg of muscle and belly fat in those years by just doing heavy weight training 6 days a week! It took a lot of work not easy for someone like me and to do it naturally too. If I do cardio I will burn the fat off quickly but I’ll also lose my *kitten* which is about 38.5inches

If I just do abs will that somehow kill the fat or will it make my stomach look even bigger? Lol
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I am training and have been training hard in the last 3-4years Ive remained consistent. I have a naturally slim body type I think u call it an ectomorph? So I use to weigh 53kg and I gained 11kg of muscle and belly fat in those years by just doing heavy weight training 6 days a week! It took a lot of work not easy for someone like me and to do it naturally too. If I do cardio I will burn the fat off quickly but I’ll also lose my *kitten* which is about 38.5inches

If I just do abs will that somehow kill the fat or will it make my stomach look even bigger? Lol

Did you look at the thread that @kimny72 posted higher up?
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    puffbrat wrote: »

Did you look at the thread that @kimny72 posted higher up?

Thanks for this! It made me feel better.
    This social media bullchit can seriously mess with your head thinking you have to look a certain way! You get sucked into it without realising it lmaooo