Sorry babe. That's a deal-breaker

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    jcoff1 wrote: »
    People who extend the hand of friendship, but have an ulterior motive. "I'm having a few friends over for coffee, why don't you stop by?" "Why, thanks, that would be nice!" It was a Tupperware party.

I have a weakness for Tupperware. A true friend would buy me Tupperware at said party
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    jcoff1 wrote: »
    People who extend the hand of friendship, but have an ulterior motive. "I'm having a few friends over for coffee, why don't you stop by?" "Why, thanks, that would be nice!" It was a Tupperware party.

What’s the ulterior motive? I haven’t been to a Tupperware party. Is it bring your own food?

They sell the tupperware (or candles, essential oils, sex toys, etc). It’s a way to make money off your friends.
  • amyjsparkles
    amyjsparkles Posts: 6,165 Member
    awdouth wrote: »
    Every guy I go out with is on his phone half the time...

I just think it shows that they don't really care.
  • your_future_ex_wife

Or maybe that they’re addicted. 🤷‍♀️
  • amyjsparkles

I understand if it's someone who has kids. I don't want them to miss an important message or call about that. But on a date, I kind of like someone to focus on us getting to know each other. I leave my phone in my purse and I don't take it out. Which is slightly awkward when they are on their phone. I just take a drink and look around awkwardly. Lol.
  • your_future_ex_wife

I understand if it's someone who has kids. I don't want them to miss an important message or call about that. But on a date, I kind of like someone to focus on us getting to know each other. I leave my phone in my purse and I don't take it out. Which is slightly awkward when they are on their phone. I just take a drink and look around awkwardly. Lol.
    I assume the phone has sound, so if a message comes through they’ll know it without staring at it the whole time.

I was serious about just being addicted. Or using it to avoid awkwardness I guess
  • George_of_the_Jungle
    George_of_the_Jungle Posts: 3,316 Member
    It makes it more awkward. I don't mind checking notifications for something important like kids or work. I typically just leave mine in my pocket. All the important stuff comes across my watch.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    It makes it more awkward. I don't mind checking notifications for something important like kids or work. I typically just leave mine in my pocket. All the important stuff comes across my watch.

Do you sneak glances at your watch?
  • amyjsparkles

I assume the phone has sound, so if a message comes through they’ll know it without staring at it the whole time.

I was serious about just being addicted. Or using it to avoid awkwardness I guess

I think they might use it to avoid awkwardness. But then I feel awkward because they are on their phone. It's the same way I don't like the first few dates to be seeing a movie, because I like to be able to use the time to talk and look in their eyes and get to know them.
  • amyjsparkles

That's why I mentioned if they have children, I totally get that. Sometimes I date guys that don't have any kids and they still do it.
  • your_future_ex_wife

I think they might use it to avoid awkwardness. But then I feel awkward because they are on their phone. It's the same way I don't like the first few dates to be seeing a movie, because I like to be able to use the time to talk and look in their eyes and get to know them.

makes sense. What would be a good first date do you think?
  • George_of_the_Jungle

I don't sneak, no. It light's up and shows it's an email from work or text. If it's somthing important I'll excuse myself to it. If not I ignore it.
  • your_future_ex_wife

I don't sneak, no. It light's up and shows it's an email from work or text. If it's somthing important I'll excuse myself to it. If not I ignore it.

Asking because I have no idea how those things work. I just remember people looking at their old fashioned watches when they were in a hurry
  • amyjsparkles

First meeting would be coffee. Date would be restaurant but a casual one where you can sit for awhile. Also shopping, just browsing, that's been fun on some dates. You can have lots of laughs doing that with someone. Drinks somewhere is an idea.
  • your_future_ex_wife

First meeting would be coffee. Date would be restaurant but a casual one where you can sit for awhile. Also shopping, just browsing, that's been fun on some dates. You can have lots of laughs doing that with someone. Drinks somewhere is an idea.

writing this down 😁
  • George_of_the_Jungle

Last first date I went on we put a blanket down in the yard and talked til 3 am
  • your_future_ex_wife

writing this down 😁

Ha ha. 💕 So, the last date I went on, we had already been on a coffee date, then like a restaurant date. This one was more casual, we went and got 5 Guys, sat there for awhile, laughed and talked, shared memes, then we went to Hobby Lobby and took selfies with random things in the store and went to Target. Ha. It sounds cheesy, but it was really so much fun.

It ended up not working out. But that wasn't because of the date, it's because he has issues.
    Sounds fun!
  • amyjsparkles

Last first date I went on we put a blanket down in the yard and talked til 3 am

Those are the best kinds of dates. Just sitting and talking.
  • amyjsparkles

writing this down 😁

Ha ha. 💕 So, the last date I went on, we had already been on a coffee date, then like a restaurant date. This one was more casual, we went and got 5 Guys, sat there for awhile, laughed and talked, shared memes, then we went to Hobby Lobby and took selfies with random things in the store and went to Target. Ha. It sounds cheesy, but it was really so much fun.

It ended up not working out. But that wasn't because of the date, it's because he has issues.
    Sounds fun!

It really was! 💕