Stubborn people changing their minds

13»

Replies

• Merrinoel
    Merrinoel Posts: 36 Member
    I used to think if I wasn't restricting calories to 1000-1300/day AND burning at least 300-800 cals a day, I was slacking off at the weight loss game. No wonder I would get so burned out!

I now eat my exercise cals and I am amazed at how good I feel, how much I can enjoy food, and the weight is coming off! I love this because now I know I can do this for the long haul--- which is another thing I've come to accept--- the long haul is what really matters with health and weight control.
  • "Besides the caffiene, what's your opinion on soda in addition to eight glasses of water? How about flavored water? "

Well, I would put them both in the realm of drinks with artificial sweeteners. It seems there's a study every other day saying sucralose will make you fat, or sucralose will help you lose weight. I'm of the opinion that it is a great substitute for sugar. I avoid the soda at this point, I suppose, like a drunk should avoid a bar. As far as flavoring the water, I've been using MiO water enhancer (contains sucralose). I also drink a Powerade Zero daily after exercising (sucralose again!).
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    I only counted calories and not fat, carbs, protein, sugar... when I started logging I noticed how much sugar I was consuming in purely things like bread, fruit juice, things I didn't expect! Now I aim for my calorie goal AND a relatively balanced diet. Not all calories are equal and your body needs certain things to function :)

I also thought all grains/breads were evil. As I type this I'm eating a slice of wholegrain toast with hummus!
  • I've had to look at what I am eating & at what time of day. It was recently brought to my attention that majority of my cals were in the evening/bedtime ... and that my body was not getting the opportunity to burn off what I was eating ...so i'm now working hard to make sure I eat at least 80% of my calories before 8pm.