lisafry6383
lisafry6383 Posts: 1 Member
Hi how do I calorie count dinners such as homemade spaghetti bol

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Up at the top there is a FOOD menu. Click on that to find the recipe importer (sub menu RECIPES). Create your favorite recipes here and add them to your recipe box.
  • veggievic
    veggievic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Up at the top there is a FOOD menu. Click on that to find the recipe importer (sub menu RECIPES). Create your favorite recipes here and add them to your recipe box.

I have a hard time with the calculation of calories/carbs/proteins when I enter my recipes. How to adjust for erroneous calculations?
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options
    I always, always sanity check the ingredients when I’ve uploaded a recipe from a website. The app will ‘match’ the ingredients as part of the process and they can be wildly inaccurate (down to the syntax of the recipe, as far as I’ve seen). But it then gives you the chance to ‘search for an alternative’

If you search each ingredient, even the ones that look ok you’ll often be able to build the nutritional details much more accurately. Yes, it does take some tedious searching but as it’s a recipe you’re likely to use regularly it’s worth a bit of up front time for the convenience and accuracy moving forward.