New- taking back my life

Options
Well! I was “officially “ diagnosed with diabetes; still early enough to where I either make the change or let it get to the point I inject insulin. I haven’t felt like me in a while. So here I am lost in a world I don’t know. Heavier then ever. So, I am going to try my hardest. Hoping to make a friend or 2 to chat with - a non-judgey who gets it kind lol
SW: 281.2 😐

Replies

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    there is a great group called " lose 100 lbs no surgery" or something (im a mod and i cant even remember) that is a great place to get group support. also full of nice people! you will find your way. i'm sure it seems hard right now but it is easier than you imagine and it is absolutely doable. hook up with some nice peeps and start plugging away. take care!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! <3

If you haven't already, read the stickies at the top of the getting started forum. Very informative and helpful.

I have type 1 adult onset diabetes. I am now off insulin. As I started losing weight, my body started to get healthier. My pancreas is now producing insulin correctly. My leptin resistance has corrected itself.

The journey is worth the effort. Good luck!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me to your friend list. There are lots of friendly and supportive people here! Good luck!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    You have the power to change your situation..all you have to do is change the way you eat. It is that simple. The changes to your body will take place right away. You'll be getting better each day...stronger..healthy. Just think of all the people who get bad news from the doctor and there is nothing in their power they can do? That's a helpless place to be, You are so much better off. Good luck in your weight loss journey and quest to regain your health, You can do this! Joining MFP was a smart first step. :)
  • BuddhaBunnyFTW
    BuddhaBunnyFTW Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    And make sure you manage your stress! Love yourself, be kind to yourself, have compassion for yourself, forgive yourself, and have patience! :)