Showering

13

Replies

  • Lazizasilk
    Lazizasilk Posts: 1 Member
    I shower after exercise at the gym. I also love to use their sauna and steam room. No problem being naked in public.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,575 Member
    edited August 2019
    kiela64 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    In the summer, I sweat at night and it pours when I do my physiotherapy exercises, so I have to shower before work.

    One of the gyms I go to has a very small 3 shower spigot room where the pool is. You will be facing people and they will be very naked. I have done it/will do it but ideally I’ll just rinse off and take a proper shower at home. If there are stalls, like at another gym I’ve been to, I will have my full shower there.

    I usually only bring the full complement of shower things when I swim, so I don’t shower after non-swim workouts until I get home. I probably should though I just can’t fit it all in my bag with books, lunch, dinner, breakfast, sweater, etc. Swimming has its own extra bag.

    When you all shower at the gym, how do you get dry? I use my towel but my skin is still damp after. I always feel wet & gross even though im clean because im never actually dry...at home I will air dry a few minutes but you can’t do that in the change room lol

    I wear a loose T-shirt, something easy to slip on and shorts. I literally dry, and lotion right in the shower ( shower off obviously) and keep my clothes by the shower and change right in there if there’s a lot of ppl. Or just sit around in a towel for a few as I’m fixing my hair then change in the private changing room.

    The dampness doesn’t bother me tbh.

    If the shower is communal/a circle space this doesn't really work! But yes, I can dry better if I'm in a stall shower space for sure. My skin still feels damp though. It makes me feel like I'm going to get moldy or something...lol but maybe I'm overthinking it.

    I feel like that when my hair is wet and I tie it up. But if there’s any wetness on my skin I know the cotton from my clothes will soak it up so I don’t get as rattled- and I put on my pjs as soon as I get home anyway.

  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    I shower usually once a day in the morning post-workout. Sometimes I shower twice a day if I feel like it.

    I try to avoid showering at the gym because I have to lug all my stuff there.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited August 2019
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    kiela64 wrote: »
    In the summer, I sweat at night and it pours when I do my physiotherapy exercises, so I have to shower before work.

    One of the gyms I go to has a very small 3 shower spigot room where the pool is. You will be facing people and they will be very naked. I have done it/will do it but ideally I’ll just rinse off and take a proper shower at home. If there are stalls, like at another gym I’ve been to, I will have my full shower there.

    I usually only bring the full complement of shower things when I swim, so I don’t shower after non-swim workouts until I get home. I probably should though I just can’t fit it all in my bag with books, lunch, dinner, breakfast, sweater, etc. Swimming has its own extra bag.

    When you all shower at the gym, how do you get dry? I use my towel but my skin is still damp after. I always feel wet & gross even though im clean because im never actually dry...at home I will air dry a few minutes but you can’t do that in the change room lol

    I wear a loose T-shirt, something easy to slip on and shorts. I literally dry, and lotion right in the shower ( shower off obviously) and keep my clothes by the shower and change right in there if there’s a lot of ppl. Or just sit around in a towel for a few as I’m fixing my hair then change in the private changing room.

    The dampness doesn’t bother me tbh.

    If the shower is communal/a circle space this doesn't really work! But yes, I can dry better if I'm in a stall shower space for sure. My skin still feels damp though. It makes me feel like I'm going to get moldy or something...lol but maybe I'm overthinking it.

    I feel like that when my hair is wet and I tie it up. But if there’s any wetness on my skin I know the cotton from my clothes will soak it up so I don’t get as rattled- and I put on my pjs as soon as I get home anyway.

    Definitely! Ah, I'm thinking like people who work out and gym/shower before work - then after that shower go do the full day. I feel icky and can't fathom it just bc of the showering dampness lol.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,256 Member
    kiela64 wrote: »
    In the summer, I sweat at night and it pours when I do my physiotherapy exercises, so I have to shower before work.

    One of the gyms I go to has a very small 3 shower spigot room where the pool is. You will be facing people and they will be very naked. I have done it/will do it but ideally I’ll just rinse off and take a proper shower at home. If there are stalls, like at another gym I’ve been to, I will have my full shower there.

    I usually only bring the full complement of shower things when I swim, so I don’t shower after non-swim workouts until I get home. I probably should though I just can’t fit it all in my bag with books, lunch, dinner, breakfast, sweater, etc. Swimming has its own extra bag.

    When you all shower at the gym, how do you get dry? I use my towel but my skin is still damp after. I always feel wet & gross even though im clean because im never actually dry...at home I will air dry a few minutes but you can’t do that in the change room lol

    Well, my gym has a nice locker room, so my experience probably is not the same as most.

    I tend to "slick off" the water in the shower, then I towel off excess water in the shower, wrap in my towel and walk to my locker. The lockers are located away from the showers, so the humidity doesn't follow too bad. At this point my skin has air dried enough I just touch up with the towel before putting my clothes on.

    I put my hair in a ponytail to keep it from spreading water.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,064 Member
    I don't shower I take a bath :wink:
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    I shower every morning without fail. I will also shower after the gym, after doing DIY, and after sex. In the winter I might shower just to warm up. I will shower at the gym only if it is complely necessary, i.e. Last year I had my bathroom ripped out so I was forced to.
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    By communal showers, I meant communal, same sex showers in the locker/changing rooms for either gender. Can’t think of anywhere, apart from nude holiday camps etc where there would be shared mixed communal showers for both sexes to use...
    I know a lot of swimming baths have communal shared rinse off areas next/near the pool, leading to locker rooms or saunas etc.
    Like many others, have I basically been used to communal showers & changing areas since high school (age 11 onwards) but am noticing that more places are introducing individual shower cubicles to replace open showers, I suppose to help people who have embarrasment issues.
  • ducatiroche
    ducatiroche Posts: 10 Member
    When I was serving in the military we had to shower a lot. We got around the dry skin by only using soap in the mornings
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,331 Member
    Once a day in summer around noon because it gets hot (which is usually the time I'm done exercising), every other day in winter after exercise. I don't feel the need to shower more often unless I get dirty doing something.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    Just some humor on topic first.

    :wink: What's a shower, did not know they exist :) . I thought that is why the have Glade air freshener, just spray on and go (joking).

    Take one in morning, and then after workout. Using showers provided at gym, no, I have no problems using.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    there is nothing better than a shower right after my workout. completely relaxes me.
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    A refreshing shower after intense exercise, especially an intense cardio session on the squash court, is pure ecstasy!!
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited August 2019
    aziz_n1 wrote: »
    By communal showers, I meant communal, same sex showers in the locker/changing rooms for either gender. Can’t think of anywhere, apart from nude holiday camps etc where there would be shared mixed communal showers for both sexes to use...
    I know a lot of swimming baths have communal shared rinse off areas next/near the pool, leading to locker rooms or saunas etc.
    Like many others, have I basically been used to communal showers & changing areas since high school (age 11 onwards) but am noticing that more places are introducing individual shower cubicles to replace open showers, I suppose to help people who have embarrasment issues.

    Oh you meant showers without walls? If that were the case I simply wouldn't workout at that facility. That's a very hard pass.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,575 Member
    edited August 2019
    aziz_n1 wrote: »
    By communal showers, I meant communal, same sex showers in the locker/changing rooms for either gender. Can’t think of anywhere, apart from nude holiday camps etc where there would be shared mixed communal showers for both sexes to use...
    I know a lot of swimming baths have communal shared rinse off areas next/near the pool, leading to locker rooms or saunas etc.
    Like many others, have I basically been used to communal showers & changing areas since high school (age 11 onwards) but am noticing that more places are introducing individual shower cubicles to replace open showers, I suppose to help people who have embarrasment issues.

    I’m not offended by bodies, I’d still use them. Same sex showers, without walls.

    However I remember watching a talk show “ the real” and they did a segment about some girl who took a picture of a naked lady changing (naked) at the gym and she posted her picture online shaming her.


    ^^^If you wanna see.
    There’s some shady ppl out there so nvm I wouldn’t use them.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    What a spiteful thing to do. I generally have a quick shower in the morning (only ever use soap on bits and pits), then after gym at work (we have a decent changing room/showers at work so that's fine. I hate washing my hair so only do it every 5-7 days ...
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,177 Member
    I shower when I need it. Some days (especially in winter) I do not take a shower. Some days (especially in summer) I take a shower before going to bed to wash off the sweat but don't wash my hair. I do shower twice in the gym. I take a quick rinse before going into the pool and I take a full shower afterwards. My gym provides a small dressing area next to each shower stall so I can shower, dry off, and get into the undies before going into the general locker room area.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 3,745 Member
    I prefer the gym shower to my home shower, for the simple reason of hot water. I have four teenagers at home, all of whom have never learned the concept of "short" showers, but considering the alternative of teens NOT taking showers I keep my mouth shut. However, this predictably means there is NO hot water in the house most days, unless I'm up at 4am for the early shift at work. The rest of the time, I like to shower at the gym, where there is an unlimited supply of hot water.
  • VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 594 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Oh you meant showers without walls? If that were the case I simply wouldn't workout at that facility. That's a very hard pass.

    Yeah, I thought he just meant regular gym showers. But if he means something like you see in prison movies where it's a bunch of shower heads in the wall with no separation, that would be a hard no. I don't get naked in public.

  • cuteangelkitten
    cuteangelkitten Posts: 155 Member
    I shower every 2-3 days. (I don't sweat much.) and am fine. Just do what you feel comfortable with lol