Unable to add friends or reply to comments

I can’t seem to be able to add friends or reply to comments on the forums. Anyone else had this and know how to fix it? Thanks

Replies

• BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    I’ve noticed that in the last few days I’m randomly logged out so I need to log in again to see the ability to respond on the forums. I’ve now tried adding friends but I’d suspect that’s connected to the same issue.
  • fowlerjulie3295
    fowlerjulie3295 Posts: 12 Member
    Ah ok, thanks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Ah ok, thanks

you just replied to a comment on the forums.

to add friends, whomever you're trying to add has to accept.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    i need friends email to add friend i dont have add friend button. Only via invite friend under community.
  • kjaispuro
    kjaispuro Posts: 5 Member
    I don't have an add friend button either. People keep referring me to stickies on the getting started board, but I don't see any stickies and there is a whole thread about what a mistake it was to take down the stickies so, I think stickies are done for.....
  • ADrowns88
    ADrowns88 Posts: 1 Member
    I don't have friends button either I can't add anyone?
  • fowlerjulie3295
    fowlerjulie3295 Posts: 12 Member
    Cwolfman- I don’t have an option to send friend requests, and I can’t reply directly to you using your reply. Seems like I’m not the only one
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,689 MFP Moderator
    Hi everyone,

As a moderator I can't fix login or posting problems but I can try to help point you in the right direction.

Here's a link to the FAQ about adding friends in case you're not sure how to do that:
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/12032

People do have to accept though, so even if you send a request it may never get a response. You do not need the person's email address in order to add them as a friend on MFP.

When you say you can't reply to a thread, what do you mean? Do you get an error message? Everyone here has replied to a thread so at least this one worked. :)

In terms of stickies, they are still there. They're called Announcements but they are pinned to the top of the section like a sticky. Here's a screen shot of the announcements/stickies at the top of this section (Getting Started):

avtc0q6seewe.jpg

When you encounter issues are you on the app or on the desktop version?

Have a great day,
    Sugar
    MFP Moderator
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,902 Member
    It has to be a log in issue. On the website I'm logged out almost every time I navigate to another page, primarily using FF. The upside is that I don't have to re-type my info to log in, just click the login button :)

I've seen this happen before and it will likely be cleared up soon enough. It always has been in the past.