What food do you enjoy that your body seems to hate?

Options
1235»

Replies

• HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Okra - I can't have it in any way shape or form. I miss fried okra and spicy pickled okra. Never enjoyed it any other way especially not the little balls of green snot looking okra in soups 😆

Raw celery - ugh I look longingly at it every time I'm in the produce section. I 😍 celery.

Both of those are severe allergies. I can't even touch them.

I also cannot eat raw or freshly cooked oysters without severe gastrointestinal distress. I've tried many times and different cooking methods and different locations so it wasn't just a bad oyster or restaurant. Oddly enough if they are cooked to death canned oysters I have zero problems. I have tried cooking fresh ones much much longer but still end up sick.

Forgot about dairy - this one is odd. Sometimes I can eat all the ice cream and drink all the milk and I'm fine. Other times I can't even hold either of them down. I can eat cheese without these issues.
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Apples...I really enjoy a good apple in the fall but it KILLS my intestines a few hours later.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Sloppy joes. Oh man, don't even ask what happens when I eat one... 😩
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tequila ;)
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Yeah right my *kitten* loves everything.
    No allergies, no reactions to certain foods.

The only thing I recall having a reaction to is from eating too much hot peppers, I eat hot scorpion peppers whole by itself- hurt my stomach bad bad.
  • zylkm4
    zylkm4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    peanut butter makes me very gassy but I eat it occasionally (though usually stick to almond butter or sunflower butter).
  • ThatJuJitsuWoman
    ThatJuJitsuWoman Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hot, freshly baked bread drops into my stomach like a lead weight. I still eat it when I get the chance though! I also love super strong coffee but I have to have decaf because the caffeine makes my heart race and sends me running to the toilet.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Sesame seeds, at least when not crushed in a mortar or ground otherwise. It took me years to figure that one out. I'd wake up in the middle of the night with terrible womb cramps, like having the worst menstruation pain ever, never lasting more than 10 minutes. Had this before occasionally on various vacations, and rarely at home in different countries. When living in Denmark it was nearly every night. It usually stopped for about 2-3 weeks when I took a stop week with my pill (longterm cycle). Doctors didn't know what was going on. Then I moved from Denmark to Qatar and the cramps stopped. I completely forgot that I ever had them. Then a business trip back to Denmark, and suddenly they were back :o And gone again when back in Qatar a week later. That got me thinking: what is there that I eat daily in both countries that is sufficiently different? I had a suspicion but wasn't quite sure what. Two week business trip came. For the first week I took a huge pack of Arabic bread along. No problems. Second week I had my usual, beloved bread from the company canteen: cramps came back. Ok, it's something in the bread. I found out through trial and error that it's the sesame seed covering the Danish bread (and everything I cook with it). But crushed sesame seeds, or tahini or similar things are totally fine. So when I make a Japanese noodle or rice bowl I crush sesame seeds before adding them.