Eating just under MFP given maintenance calories and it's predicting I'll put on weight!

Options
Just that really.
MFP gives me 1470 cal's/day to maintain. I've eaten 1458 calories and just closed my diary. It says I'll gain 1lb over 5 weeks. What?? 🤔

Replies

• sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just checked again and it's a 1.4lbs gain, not 1lb.
    How is that maintenance?
  • sefajane1
    Options
    And I've just done a "quick add" to make tomorrow's calories up to the 1470 calories and closed the diary - I'd gain 1.6lbs in 5 weeks. Something's not right 🤔 I want to maintain, not gain.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    Ok so, jiggling about with tomorrow's calories I'd need to eat only 1317 of the 1470 maintenance calories that MFP has set me to actually maintain.

Any ideas as to why this would be?

That's a potential 153 calories/day I'd be overeating 🙄
  • sefajane1
    Options
    I get that, I just don't understand how they can get it so wrong?
    I'm new to maintenance and quite frankly I'm scared now about trusting the daily calorie amount. I think I'll stick with the 1317 to be on the safe side.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    sefajane1 wrote: »
    I get that, I just don't understand how they can get it so wrong?
    I'm new to maintenance and quite frankly I'm scared now about trusting the daily calorie amount. I think I'll stick with the 1317 to be on the safe side.

Have you logged any weight loss since MFP generated its maintenance prediction for you?

@sefajane1 probably there is a mismatch like this going on. Double check your entries in https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided