Replies

• RaphaBianchi
    RaphaBianchi Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. 25g is around 100kcals.
  • Snwkat
    Snwkat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently have fallen in LOVE with Freeze-dried fruits! You get all the fiber, and nutrition, without the concentrated sugar. Added bonus...they keep FOREVER and you get the crunchy/sweet that I crave!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've recently discovered Rhythm Superfoods Dried Carrot Sticks. They're basically just dried carrots, but the process helps to bring out the little bit of sweet in carrots, plus they have the chip-like crunch. At 140 calories a bag (and 11g fiber), they've become a go-to for me.
  • pnuuts99
    pnuuts99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Start keeping track of your fruit and veggie intake and try to hit the five 1/2cup servings of veggies and 4 of fruits per day. I found that after I made sure to eat all of my fruits and veggies I was often less hungry!
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Popcorn or tortilla chips + salsa: measure 1 serving out into a small, cute bowl and put the rest away so not tempted to keep going. I get as much salsa as I want though because it's low cal.
    Pickles. I'll even make "quick pickles" with some cucumbers + apple cider vinegar and salt if I'm wanting a salty snack. These are very low cal.
    Strawberries, clementine oranges, pineapple, or apples when I want something sweet.
    1 piece of a rich-flavored individually wrapped chocolate (again, so I don't keep eating a whole chocolate bar). I like things like this or this because they are rich so are pretty satisfying with a single piece.

If it's really something like soda I'm craving, I'll have a spindrift sparkling water - they have a little juice in them so they are still a little sweet but only like 10 calories (I can't stand the taste of most artificial sweeteners which is why I don't drink diet pop).
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    here are some of my go to snacks: Blue Diamond Salt & Vinegar Almonds, Fresh Dark Sweet Cherries, Honeycrisp Apples, Watermelon, Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt, Peppered Beef Jerky, Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn, Harvest Snaps black bean habanero crisps with Hummus for dip, Halo Top ice cream, pistachios, DOVE Salted Caramel Dark Chocolates
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like to mix equal amounts of nonfat Greek Yogurt and my favorite hummus with a little lemon juice. I like to eat this lightened up, tangy yogurt hummus the best with sliced raw zucchini and/or Trader Joe's roasted plantain chips.

Nonfat Greek Yogurt with a packet of stevia and a splash of McCormick's raspberry extract. Berries on top are delicious, with it, too.

A small portion of overnight oats with PB2.

Half of a light (low cal) English muffin with PB2 and a little low cal jam.

Scrambled egg.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, Chips, Cakes, Donuts, etc

No way I'm gonna waste snack/treat calories on "healthy" (whatever that means), gonna get maximum enjoyment from them. That's what they're for.
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I, too, am a snacker, so I have to plan for the inevitable. I'm eating some Skinny Pop right now! I keep my snacking in check by weighing everything (to the .1 gram) so, as long as I keep the portions small, I can have a lot of different snacks.
    • Apples
    • Special K Pastry Crisps
    • Ritz Crisp & Thins crackers
    • Yasso frozen yogurt bars
    • Hard boiled eggs
    • Oreos (in small numbers!)
    • Goldfish crackers
    • Granola bars
    • Dark chocolate morsels
    • Bagel chips
    • Whatever fits into my calorie budget, honestly

There's a great thread about new and interesting food products people come across. Check out some of the posts for inspiration. That's how I found out about the Enlightened ice cream pints (soooo good).

The Enlightened Ice creams are delicious. My go to snack every few days is a small cone with one of them—mint chocolate chip is my current favorite :) I also love the simple truth low cow lemon cake.
  • lg013
    Options
    I like to do small mason jars with a scoop of hummus or peanut butter at the bottoms and carrots or celery for dipping—easy to make and take with me. I also will do a teaspoon of creme fraiche with fresh green beans—that one is my favorite !

Pan roasted okra is my current favorite. I’ve also been baking some of the low carb recipes from my fitness pro—a lot of delicious ones. The avocado chocolate popsicles are incredible
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    I find that if I'm craving chocolate, eating fruit and yoghurt instead does nothing...

...unless I add a bit of hot chocolate or cocoa powder to that yoghurt, which suddenly makes it far more indulgent for not many calories :)
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,714 Member
    Options
    Avocado, Bowl of greens, salmon pouch, Garden of Life Weight loss bar, Plant protein powder, sardines, Brazil nuts, herbal tea and decaf coffee, small piece dark chcolate
  • tauntonmom
    tauntonmom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    ... (If anyone else knows a good way to clean the dehydrator grids, please pass it long!)

If you know any home brewers, see if you can get some of their PBW to try. That stuff is magic.
  • CharlotteHotcakes
    CharlotteHotcakes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I snack on fresh fruit, sunflower seeds, in the hulls, and pickles. Logging food has helped me to find low cal foods. I eat 2 small breakfasts, lunch, dinner. I keep busy enough that I've learned to quit thinking about what I can eat all the time. My fitbit keeps me walking every hour and that keeps me away from the frig, too!
  • SPARKLES0883
    SPARKLES0883 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don’t count my snacks. My snacks is restricted to the veggie fruit crisper drawer. In this drawer is lunch containers. Or prepped veggies. Like. Carrots. Cukes. Peppers. Broccoli. Cauliflower. Mushrooms. Cherry tomatoes. Celery. Etc. And it’s pre washed chopped and simply open the lid and snack. My whole day’s meals are planned. With the exception of snacks. If I’m truly hungry. I’ll eat ANYTHING even if it means veggies 🤣.
  • SPARKLES0883
    SPARKLES0883 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    lg013 wrote: »
    I like to do small mason jars with a scoop of hummus or peanut butter at the bottoms and carrots or celery for dipping—easy to make and take with me. I also will do a teaspoon of creme fraiche with fresh green beans—that one is my favorite !

Pan roasted okra is my current favorite. I’ve also been baking some of the low carb recipes from my fitness pro—a lot of delicious ones. The avocado chocolate popsicles are incredible

Hey. Where does everyone get these jars 😅 do they leak at all? I wanted to try those oat soaking overnight things I kept seeing online😝
  • bunnyloop
    bunnyloop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Apple slices with 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter. Cut up apple with 2 Tbsp. of sunflower seeds. Carrots & celery with 1-2 Tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette.
  • lg013
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hey. Where does everyone get these jars 😅 do they leak at all? I wanted to try those oat soaking overnight things I kept seeing online😝

You can get them in the grocery store where they have cooking items like pans, but will be more expensive there. Try the kitchen section of Walmart or Target for the best price. They come in several sizes so you can even get small ones for dipping sauce. They are meant for canning and making pickles/preserves so designed to have an air tight lid the says with suction. I’ve never had one leak.

As a bonus they are really easy to portion snacks...and I love prepackaging my snacks so I can grab them on the go.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Treats: Dove Promises chocolates and Loacker hazelnut mini-wafers

Healthy snacks: almonds, peanuts, bananas, and Nature Valley crunch bars.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options

You can get them in the grocery store where they have cooking items like pans, but will be more expensive there. Try the kitchen section of Walmart or Target for the best price. They come in several sizes so you can even get small ones for dipping sauce. They are meant for canning and making pickles/preserves so designed to have an air tight lid the says with suction. I’ve never had one leak.

As a bonus they are really easy to portion snacks...and I love prepackaging my snacks so I can grab them on the go.

Mason jars also rock for freezing stuff (they even sell ones that are made to go in the freezer) - perfect for freezing extra soups, stews, tomato sauce, chili, etc - my deep freeze is full of them!