Hangover Cure?

Options
nomerebutterfly
nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
So, besides sleep and pain killers, what's yours?

Replies

• springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Don't do it again. ha Learned my lesson last weekend.
  • jls8209
    jls8209 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Meatballs and fries at Ikea!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I don't drink enough anymore to get hangovers!
    but, it used to be
    something greasy to eat before bed & a gatorade w/ 2 aspirins!!!
    McDonalds food tends to help with hangovers for me, or taco bell (helps prevent them i mean)
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    A fried egg cooked in lots of butter with a side of ginger ale. Ibuprofen and rest.
  • chrisfnet
    Options
    Pedialyte.

I actually have a pharmacological-basis for my recommendation... but it's way too long to type out.

Also, if you chew a couple of glucose tablets before you start drinking and a couple before you go to bed.. that goes a long way to preventing a hangover.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I don't really drink that much anymore, but in college I had two go-to hangover cures

Bojangles Cajun Chicken Sandwich & Sweet Tea
    Bacon and Eggs cooked in Bacon Fat

So basically anything greasy

Or the age old answer.... Start drinking again
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    The smoothie I have for breakfast works great
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    anything greasy
  • punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    exersice! it sucks getting outta bed, but sweat it out!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    2 pints of grapefruit juice and then lay down for an hour or two.
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Take some milk of magnesia before drinking to coat your stomach and prevent absorption, then take two midol with a warm coke before bed. The midol will help with the queasiness and has a built in mild diuretic to help get the alcohol out of your system faster and the carbonation in the warm coke helps speed the breakdown of the midol so it works faster. Don't know if any of this true, but this is the cure-all in my neck of the woods.
  • chrisfnet
    Options
    Take some milk of magnesia before drinking to coat your stomach and prevent absorption, then take two midol with a warm coke before bed. The midol will help with the queasiness and has a built in mild diuretic to help get the alcohol out of your system faster and the carbonation in the warm coke helps speed the breakdown of the midol so it works faster. Don't know if any of this true, but this is the cure-all in my neck of the woods.

Most of that isn't true. The warm coke would work as well as a cold coke - it's the sugar that's helping. Alcohol inhibits ADH, so it's already acting as a diuretic.. The midol really just helps the headache. Alcohol isn't absorbed in the stomach - the milk of magnesia... I'm not sure how it'd help.
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    A cold *kitten* shower
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    MENUDO! Its the only thing that has ever worked for me.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    I get bad hangovers anymore, and if it is a mild hangover, a light jog followed by a dive into Lake Tahoe does the trick. The only thing that works for a bad hangover for me is sleep. And that is typically not an option.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Soup, nap, then work out... in that order. :)
  • xMissAprilx
    xMissAprilx Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It used to be McD's bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. Now...I make sure I don't fall asleep completely wasted. I try to stay up as long as I can. Drink water, take an advil and call it a night.
  • MattHaviland620
    Options
    You get hangovers from dehydration, so around 2, 8oz cups of water before you go to bed will do the job. You will probably wake up a little drunk but no hangover.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and half a grapefruit.
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    an Emergen-C packet, toast, and lots of water... then a nap and some light activity. hope ur feeling better soon :flowerforyou: