I think I hit a plateau? 1200 calories

Options
cpena195
cpena195 Posts: 13 Member
edited August 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
Ive been eating 1200 calories for 80 days and I havent been able to lose weight in 2 weeks. I do cardio for 30 min for 2-3 times a week. The weight came on great at a pace of 2lb a week. What can I do to help me lose more weight? Should i max or decrease calories? Or change my exercise?

SW 160
CW 147

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight and what is your goal weight?

Fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process. Just be patient.
  • cpena195
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    What was your starting weight and what is your goal weight?

Fluctuations and plateaus are a normal part of the process. Just be patient.

I started at 160. About how long is it normal to be in a plateau?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    As you get closer to your goal it gets harder to see those 2lbs per week. Keep going.
  • cpena195
    Options
    Maxxitt wrote: »
    Your diary has multiple "quick add" entries each day at least the past couple of days. It's possible that the calories assigned are not correct - I would try to actually log what is actually being eaten and go from there.

I do that quite often to quicky put my food intake in rather than to search it up. I eat the same thing often so I quickly add something that I know how many calories it has. Ill try to correctly put it in so i can see the nutritional details.
  • cpena195
    Options
    I had plateau two weeks ago i just manipulated my macros added some healthy fats and dropped few grams of carbs and increased my cardio a bit and it worked, but u have to be patience

Ill keep that in mind. I consume more carbs so ill try to incorporate more fruits and vegis!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Have you being weighing those foods that you're now quick adding?
  • cpena195
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Have you being weighing those foods that you're now quick adding?

Yes! I weigh everything! I have a digital food scale
  • cpena195
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    It's perfectly normal to not lose weight for a week or two every once and awhile

Having said that, now is a great time to tighten up your logging. Get a food scale and use it often. Double check the entries you are using in the database have the correct calories. Be as consistent and accurate as possible. It's quite possible you are eating more calories than you think. Happened to most of us at some point unfortunately :smile:

That had crossed my mind but since I weigh what I eat everyday im puzzled what it could be . I guess ill have to be patient!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I very often get a new low weight after nearly 3 weeks of waiting. I have waited 7 before.

I believe though if you are trying to lose 1 pound a week you are actually ahead of schedule which I know sounds odd since you thought you were in a plateau. If you got to the 147 in 66 days (2 weeks ago) you are losing at 1.38 pounds per week. This would put your average deficit at 689 calories per day. Meaning you would need to be eating 189 more calories per day to lose at the selected rate of loss.

This assumes you didn't have any water weight loss in your first week. I can run your numbers again without any water weight 'noise' if you give me your weight on May 30 and the exact date you hit 147.
  • brittlb07
    brittlb07 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I’ve been at 122-123 for three weeks now. I feel you. I am at 1300 calories. I also run about 1.5 miles a day. Which isn’t much but I recently implemented. I’m thinking I need to go to 1200 also to reach my final 115-118.
  • cpena195
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I very often get a new low weight after nearly 3 weeks of waiting. I have waited 7 before.

I believe though if you are trying to lose 1 pound a week you are actually ahead of schedule which I know sounds odd since you thought you were in a plateau. If you got to the 147 in 66 days (2 weeks ago) you are losing at 1.38 pounds per week. This would put your average deficit at 689 calories per day. Meaning you would need to be eating 189 more calories per day to lose at the selected rate of loss.

This assumes you didn't have any water weight loss in your first week. I can run your numbers again without any water weight 'noise' if you give me your weight on May 30 and the exact date you hit 147.
    If i can be honest. I didnt weigh myself the first month because i was afraid id fall into bad eating disorder habits which thankfully I havent. I didnt officially weigh myself until june 15 at 160. I also wonder should I be eating back my calories that I burned? Would that help?
  • NovusDies
    edited August 2019
    Options
    cpena195 wrote: »

If i can be honest. I didnt weigh myself the first month because i was afraid id fall into bad eating disorder habits which thankfully I havent. I didnt officially weigh myself until june 15 at 160. I also wonder should I be eating back my calories that I burned? Would that help?

The June 15th info is fine. I can work with that. What was the exact date you hit 147?

ETA: I can answer your exercise question better if I know your numbers.
  • cpena195
    Options
    brittlb07 wrote: »
    I’ve been at 122-123 for three weeks now. I feel you. I am at 1300 calories. I also run about 1.5 miles a day. Which isn’t much but I recently implemented. I’m thinking I need to go to 1200 also to reach my final 115-118.

I wonder to if i should increase my calorie to 1300 since i cant really go under 1200 as it would be unhealthy. I remeber when I was at 120 the weight was harder to come off.
  • cpena195
    edited August 2019
    Options

The June 15th info is fine. I can work with that. What was the exact date you hit 147?

I hit it at july 27th
    And thanks again!
  • NovusDies
    Options

I hit it at july 27th
    And thanks again!

Did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose 2 pounds per week? Because you are losing 2.17 pounds per week. You should only be losing 1 pound a week at your weight. You are eating an average of 583 calories too few per day.

If your eating has been consistent for the last 80 days your actual starting weight was 168 on May 20. You have lost 21 pounds so far.

• cpena195
    Options

I hit it at july 27th
    And thanks again!

Did you tell MFP that you wanted to lose 2 pounds per week? Because you are losing 2.17 pounds per week. You should only be losing 1 pound a week at your weight. You are eating an average of 583 calories too few per day.

If your eating has been consistent for the last 80 days your actual starting weight was 168 on May 20. You have lost 21 pounds so far.

Yes i told mfp to lose 2lb per week. Wow i didnt even think about it like that! So im losing to quickly then?