Please Advise, Exercise and eating more from calories lost by exercise?

Options
Hello there, I have many questions but will start here. My Fitness Pal gives me the daily amount of calories that I am supposed to eat... but what if I exercise and then burn calories exercising... is it best to no allow yourself to eat more because you exercised and lost calories? Or should you eat more? thanks for your time

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I found I was gaining weight even eating half my exercise calories back but losing steadily when I ignore the suggestion.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    First time I joined here I did that, ate those dang exercise calories right back. Found myself riding my bike 2 more miles so I could eat more at one sitting, ha. That was my downfall and before I knew it I was back to eating the same old way and just skipped the hard exercise and went right to the rewards. Weight came back. This time, and I am down 63 pounds I still record my exercise but I don't eat any of the calories back. This site is great for figuring out what you should be eating to lose weight and I refer to it often as my weight drops and my exercise increases.https://phenq.com/blog/how-many-calories-eat-lose-weight/
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    megamom wrote: »
    First time I joined here I did that, ate those dang exercise calories right back. Found myself riding my bike 2 more miles so I could eat more at one sitting, ha. That was my downfall and before I knew it I was back to eating the same old way and just skipped the hard exercise and went right to the rewards. Weight came back. This time, and I am down 63 pounds I still record my exercise but I don't eat any of the calories back. This site is great for figuring out what you should be eating to lose weight and I refer to it often as my weight drops and my exercise increases.https://phenq.com/blog/how-many-calories-eat-lose-weight/

Riding a bike 2 miles burns what, 30 calories? Bikes are one of the most energy efficient forms of transportation ever invented.
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Riding a bike 2 miles burns what, 30 calories? Bikes are one of the most energy efficient forms of transportation ever invented.

I think its more like 90 calories
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    kimondo666 wrote: »

i would estimate that as too high...i burn 1000 cal (roughly) on a 3hr/56mile ride - which is roughly 18cal a mile and that is in the 16-18mph range with steady power
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    kimondo666 wrote: »

For what it's worth, my "I don't have much time" loop is 7.5 miles, about 200 feet of elevation gain, and about 200 kCals to do in 30 minutes. Measured with a direct force power meter.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    How many calories you burn is also individual to The person and affected by their physical composition, type of bike, terrain, effort, fitness and speed,