Body shape goals & ideals

Options
aziz_n1
aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
edited August 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Everybody on MFP is looking to get fitter, healthier etc. Just wondering what people’s goals are i.e. lose weight, gain weight & muscle, increased flexibility, getting lean, slim/trim, increased stamina etc.

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 2,007 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Goals: Trim 100 lbs off (39 to go) , Keep building muscle with weight training and cardio to increase stamina.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight and gain overall health.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    For me I want to gain long lean muscle....feel stronger/stand taller..LOL
    I think you can be underweight on the scale or be skinny fat (which I have been guilty of)
    So, to me, smaller is not always better or more desirable
  • michellewale1977
    michellewale1977 Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I’m trying to lose a small wobbly belly and tone up everywhere else. Also trying to get stronger as I’m a bit of a weakling.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    My goals are always changing. But overall improved body composition (more muscle in lower body especially) increased strength, endurance would be nice too. I would love to be 138-140lbs with a certain lean bodyfat% which will probably take a few more bulk/cut cycles.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I’m in maintenance so my goal is maintaining the body shape I have achieved through eating less and moving more.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    build muscle and strength, lose 33 to 38 pounds of hopefully mostly fat.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have several goals.
    Top one right now is to lose 5# and to reduce body fat.

OP's question:
    What in each individual is their idea of the ideal body shape in the opposite sex?
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I dropped 80+ pounds several years ago and it took me a couple years of maintenance to reach my ideal body composition.

Now I'm maintaining my hard work (staying in a 10 pound range year round), plus continuing to stay healthy and always working towards improving my fitness levels.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    Be healthy, be fit, maintain strength. Ideally get beastlier so that I can eat more food.

Also, it would be nice to be able to maintain a slightly lower BF% (when I get to it), but nothing major like abs or anything like that - just flatter pooch and more definition particularly on my legs, but they have a hard time leaning out. Unlike my upper body.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Personal goals: Healthy, strong, independent as I age.

same.