Options
2»

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    admin765 wrote: »
    Just tell everyone the loose skin is a flotation device to keep you from drowning at the beach.

My loose stomach skin (from pregnancies, not weight loss) sort of floats in the bath now. I find it oddly fascinating :lol:

LOL! I need to take a bath and test this. Well, I'm not sure my bathtub is deep enough....

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I guess phobias are irrational. I will keep going incorporating lots of strength training
  • Jkaccounting
    Jkaccounting Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m 55 and have lost 16-18 lbs.....it fluctuates. Going for 20 lbs then I’ll stop. I’ve noticed the skin above my knees is really saggy now. This time last year it was smooth. I compared pics and could see a huge difference. Not sure the weight loss is worth it if my skin is going to sag. I was at 186 lbs and down to 168 lbs now. I feel better but not happy with the loose skin at all.
  • jflemmingjr
    jflemmingjr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Truthfully I'd rather have loose skin and be healthy than fat and stroke worthy.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options
    Truthfully I'd rather have loose skin and be healthy than fat and stroke worthy.
    If I was very obese then I wouldn’t think twice but as I’m 75kg and quite fit I was just questioning whether it was worth it but I spoke to my PT who says it’s extremely unlikely
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If I was very obese then I wouldn’t think twice but as I’m 75kg and quite fit I was just questioning whether it was worth it but I spoke to my PT who says it’s extremely unlikely

Depending on your height, 75kg may not be a healthy weight. If you are tall enough (175.25cm or higher), it is a perfectly healthy maintenance weight. If you are short like me, it's obese.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Echoing the cellulite is genetic comments. I technically still had a bit of cellulite at 16 at a BMI of 14.9 (was anorexic--do not recommend). Doing weight lifting the last few years combined with losing 10 pounds (to a BMI of around 20-21) has helped a bit with that. But with 10 kg the odds of loose skin are small.
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options

Depending on your height, 75kg may not be a healthy weight. If you are tall enough (175.25cm or higher), it is a perfectly healthy maintenance weight. If you are short like me, it's obese.

According to the bmi I’m overweight but am quite fit. 66 is normal for me and where I’m headed but I’m putting my fears aside and carrying on