Rules of Bacon

Options
13»

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    :laugh: And now I feel the need to go buy some bacon because I know we don't have any in our fridge. I'm a sad panda.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Did anyone try the bacon sunday at Denny's? My hubby and I were game to try it just to see, but never got a chance to get over and try it. lol
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    There's a bakery here that has a maple bacon doughnut - I haven't tried it,but I've heard it's yummy. And now, thanks, to reading this thread, I'm craving one.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Re: rule #2, "Bacon goes with everything..."

Just had a really great lunch of mashed cauliflower with cheese & bacon. :love:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nice!

I may add Hormel Real Bacon Pieces to pretty much everything...
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I had a TBLT (turkey bacon) on white white today. Was delicious.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Did anyone try the bacon sunday at Denny's? My hubby and I were game to try it just to see, but never got a chance to get over and try it. lol

Maple syrup and bacon make beautiful babies together... that sundae is their love child and therefore... would be delicious. :)
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    There is another bacon rule.

Never fry it in the nude.

Hey, that's my rule too!

Ditto here.
  • Michellerw1
    Options
    But have you found that out from experience or just deduced from common sense?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My company just started selling BACON OIL. Sautee your pork in bacon oil? Don't mind if I do.... Scramble my eggs in bacon oil? yes ma'am. Rub my steak in bacon oil before grilling? you betcha...
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Bacon has ALOT of calories
    Oy! Really?? Spoil the fun...actually bacon only has 46 calories! Ok, moving on...

Mmmmm, despite the spoiler, I'm dreaming of jalapenos with cream cheese in the middle, wrapped in bacon on the grill! *** (Oops, excuse the drool!)***

Before you wrap the jalepeno/cream cheese...you MUST coat the bacon with brown sugar...then grill.

Trust me.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    On Pinterest.com there was a recipe for pancake battered bacon....yummmo, covered with syrup...double yummmmo
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Need I say more?

bacon-syrup.jpg
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    BACON MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!!!!

I love candied bacon... but it's a little high in calories for my lifestyle change...
    VooDoo Doughnuts Maple Bacon Bar... delish

Mo's Bacon Chocolate bar... dark or milk.. OH GOD delish!
    And now they have a chocolate pig filled with bacon on the inside... bet it's to die for.
    http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/flying_chocolate_pig/bacon_and_chocolate_bars

I have always wanted to try a bacon wrapped deep fried twinkie... they sell em in Seaside Oregon.. but I just can't spare that many calories... LOL

Oh damn.. now I want bacon.

Lovely bacon filled thread...