What was the lowest/worst point in your life?

2»

Replies

• ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Iv had quite a few so it's a tough call. Wanting to end my life would have to be the lowest point. I called a help line and couldn't honestly believe that I had actually reached that point I just never thought that would happen to me. Its funny because we often go through life believing 'that will never happen to me' with a whole range of things.

I learnt a lot of valuable life lessons from that time, I learnt that not everyone is a arsehole and some people actually do want to help you, I learnt that I was made of stronger stuff than i ever could have imagined as I got through that episode of my life. I learnt just how fragile a human can be and when all hope is lost people can give up. It gave me a new perspective on suicide and perhaps, why people do it? I now work as a peer support practitioner and I am honoured that I was given a chance to turn all my negative life experiences into a job that can help others. No man is an island and we all need someone. I also realised that I felt unable to talk to anyone I knew about how I was feeling it's such a personal subject and I was so grateful that a help line existed that I could turn to. Those people really are life savers.

So pleased you are still with us and are helping other people
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    mtndewme wrote: »
    I’ve had lots of lowest points all horrible in their own way. I don’t know if anything is going to outshine my childhood in general. I bitterly cried myself to sleep every night for eight years. A child of various abuse, neglect. Things didn’t really get too much better into adulthood but at 30 I might be finally at a place where I feel like I have a future. I finally started to fear death a year ago and that was significant to me that I had something to live for.

The instant I realised I was pregnant, I discovered fear of death. It's a weird feeling, right? I went to do something I'd done without thinking for years, and suddenly I was afraid of all of the ways it could possibly go wrong. Like, you've been afraid before, but it's just not the same. I think you're the first person I've read/heard taking about this!

Congratulations on finding the fear.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    For me the worst thing is losing our 20 month old grandson suddenly and without warning... That happened 12 weeks ago so I still very raw from that. He was our world.

So many people hurting here, may God give you the comfort that He has and continues to give me.

I’m very sorry to hear that.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    For me the worst thing is losing our 20 month old grandson suddenly and without warning... That happened 12 weeks ago so I still very raw from that. He was our world.

So many people hurting here, may God give you the comfort that He has and continues to give me.

I'm so sorry for your loss :heartbreak:
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I think one of the lowest points of my life was when my younger brother attempted suicide and almost succeeded. I was full blown alcoholic and when he got sick I said to myself “what are you doing? Mom needs you” after that the rest was history. I gave up alcohol once and for all. November will make three years I’ve been sober. His suicide attempt really made me take a hard look in the mirror and I realized I didn’t want to be self destructive anymore.

Congrats on giving up the alcohol and staying sober for so long.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    Thanks!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    bojack5 wrote: »
    My low point was pretty terrible....and i have had my share of them. But one stands out more than the rest. I dont think there are many here i would want to share something so personal to me with.....but yeah, it just goes to show on any given day you never know what someone may be dealing with. Id like to think it helps me to be more understanding.....

You can always talk to me