The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• ClassicL337
    ClassicL337 Posts: 9 Member
    Ha, was happy to see this group. Feel free to add me, anyone. Approaching 40 rapidly :-)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    @mtaratoot - That looks like a very good trip. Glad you sorted out the seal.

The best seal service I've ever had was at Scapa. A wrist seal went on the second dive of the day. I dropped it off at Scapa Scuba, who repaired it overnight, and it came back repaired to my liveaboard before the next day's diving.

I dived Fiji once, many years ago. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm not sure how much foreign diving I'll be able to do in the future. I have a PFO, and had a major bend a couple of years ago. I should be able to plug the hole in my heart later this year, but it's unclear if I'll be able to get insurance for foreign diving. Fortunately, I like diving in the UK a lot.
  • Jim_Kintsugi
    Jim_Kintsugi Posts: 58 Member
    Hey, I'm 42. Looks like I'm right in the middle of the age group.
    Have a great day everyone
  • pez37
    pez37 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm 48 trying to loss 160lbs and live a healthier life style. I welcome all friends. Feel free and add.Good luck everyone on your journey.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    I guess all cals are not created equal..thought I could splurge a bit, which has been happening more and more... if I continues to remain within my cal goals. I'm starting to think eating carbs/sweets are a bigger issue than I thought/hoped
    why can't we have it all??..LOL

have a good one!

Seems to be true for me. I can maintain and eat carbs within reason, but I don't lose weight unless I reduce the carbs. It's harder for me to overeat if I emphasize protein. It shouldn't matter, but it does.

• SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Moooorning everyone! <3

@mtaratoot those photos are FAB!
  • sunflowers911
    sunflowers911 Posts: 16 Member
    Hey guys, feel free to add me. Looking for supportive friends
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    coltjester wrote: »
    Hi everyone! New to this group. Just a regular guy in his 40’s trying to get healthier everyday. 👋💪🇺🇸

Hey welcome.. nice first post :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Second last day of vacay!!!
    How will I ever go back to real life?
    Hope everyone is having a good week
  • Togetherstronger
    Togetherstronger Posts: 45 Member
    uk guy , late 30s , always looking to support and motivate and have a laugh along the way :)
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Good morning all and happy hump day - this week's flying in!
    Hope everyone's day's going to be great <3

And now... coffee! We haven't had a coffee conversation in a while here!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I have developed a minor obsession with Kenyan peaberry coffee recently. I've either used syphon or V60 to brew it, with good success. The recent bag I got through tasted of pineapple, and was superb. So I have a new bag I will start on tomorrow. (This is the new batch: https://shop.squaremilecoffee.com/products/slopes-of-8-pb .)

I've found it so full of flavour I have scaled back the dosage I use, from my normal 65 g/litre to 56g/litre.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Good morning...HHD!
  • arleenw
    arleenw Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all. I'm new here. Getting back into the swing of things. :)
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Happy Hump Day peeps!