HELP! P90X vs 21 Day Fix vs Focus T25 vs Other Programs

destinyjade00
destinyjade00 Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all!

I am reaching out to those who have done these programs. I am 162lbs at 5'4" and want to lose 30-40 hopefully before the end of the year. Weight loss is important to me so I can be in optimal range but I also want to be slightly toned to tighten my skin and shape, especially at my legs since I am so bottom heavy.

I am willing to put an hour in a day for working out but I worry that Im not on the right program.

I tried Insanity and couldn't walk the next day because my legs hurt so bad, so that's too much for me. Currently, I am looking into P90X or 21 Day Fix or Focus T25 (Since I see a lot of women do this program).

I am motivated to lose at least 10-20lbs in the next 3 months.

For my goals, which program would you recommend?

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    For me, P90X any day of the week - it's a little older but has such a great mix of weights, cardio, yoga etc - it's timeless, really. I like weight training though (do my own weight training program now rather than BeachBody at this point). If you don't like weight training and love going flat out with the cardio, then T25 m may be a better fit for you.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I've only done T25 alpha and beta and a couple insanities. T25 is only 25 min a day. It made my knees really sore. I feel like you should start out with something a little less intense.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    I’m doing P90x now, and have done it a few times in the past as well with great results! I like it!
  • corriepelc
    corriepelc Posts: 2,088 Member
    I love T25! It was the first workout system I followed religiously when I started my current health and fitness journey about five years ago. I completed it in its entirety and then I liked it so much, I did a second round! I had so much more strength after and it helped me lose my initial 25 lbs. It also gave me a great fitness base to start running and I'm now training for my seventh half-marathon.

I did try P90X, but it wasn't my favorite. The guys annoyed me. LOL I did enjoy 21 Day Fix Extreme -- after T25, the regular 21 Day Fix was too easy for me. I got a Beachbody Online pass and made my own workout schedule with T25, 21 Day Fix Extreme and other series.

Another great one is Chalean Extreme. I did that after T25 as it focuses on lifting heavy and I wanted to increase my strength.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    start with P90, then after you finish move to P90X
    https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/p90-can-work
  • cjsears28
    cjsears28 Posts: 10 Member
    Morning Meltdown 100 is a good program also.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    I’m doing 21 Day Fix right now. I’ve done a lot of different workouts from home, but this program has really surprised me with how hard it’s been! I thought I had great endurance before now.

Low weight/high rep workouts with Autumn as the hostess...she’s super encouraging without being annoying. And it’s only 30 mins a day! Can’t go wrong.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    I can’t remember if I commented here or not. I do P90x! I like it and it has given me results. Always exciting when I get to increase my weights!
  • MikeRobi81
    MikeRobi81 Posts: 15 Member
    Are you looking to just lost weight? If you want to lose weight and build muscle at the same time, I recommend checking out the AX-1 program at www.athleanx.com
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I assume you have beach body on Demand? There are a lot of different programs there and it may be better for you are not used to exercising to choose a a program that is a bit less intense to start. You can alway move to another one.

Also 30-40 pounds by the end of the year is pretty aggressive a weight loss goal for someone your size. You are better off trying to slow it down and target a pound a week and lose weight more sustainably and safely.