Lost period

Options
2»

Replies

• Addictead
    Addictead Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I lost my period for a month when I was eating 1100-1200 with a hour of exercise. It came back as soon as I added back calories for exercise(1300-1400 instead)
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Go to doctor get all your hormones checked. Might me worth looking up HA (hypothalamic amenorrhea) and the female triad see if you symptoms match as sometimes the combination between stress restriction and exercise can mess around with hormones too.

Do not do this instead of doctor
  • weoutherelosingweight
    Options
    Ty everyone I’ll see my doctor soon and I’m 18 for everyone asking ty :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Hooray, and thanks for the update.

Cheers, h.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    It arrived guys it arrived

On your original post in August, you said you hadn’t had a period in four months (i.e., roughly April). Is this the first time you’ve had a period since April? And did you ever go to the doctor? This is absolutely still worth seeing your doctor about.
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    ^^ What @apullum said, especially if irregular periods aren't normal for you. Irregular periods are frequently symptomatic of a few things more serious than calorie loss and should be followed up on.

I have lost my period quite a few times over the course of my life and probably about 80% of the instances were due to other underlying issues. Hypothyroidism, B-12 insufficiency, Iron insufficiency, and even being too low in body fat.

At your age, it is a good thing to keep an eye on, even if it's just to know if irregularity is *normal* for you, and if so, what is the root cause(s)? It might be cause for concern, or it might not be, but you won't know until you talk it over with your doctor and establish a baseline for yourself.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

Delighted for you.

Valid prompts @apullum and @ElizabethKalmbach
  • CalgaryMac
    CalgaryMac Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't make an assumption - discuss with your doctor.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Great! I haven't had my period since January but I'm not complaining about that ;) lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options

So you went 7 months without a period?

Did you ever see your doctor?
  • EnterNihil
    EnterNihil Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    how to get it back?
  • EnterNihil
    EnterNihil Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Addictead wrote: »
    I lost my period for a month when I was eating 1100-1200 with a hour of exercise. It came back as soon as I added back calories for exercise(1300-1400 instead)

I hope this works