What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Im 33 years old going on 34 in the best month of the year, Nov, and I feel like a complete and utter failure in life. I come from a very trash background and my motivation has always been not to even remotely look like that yet society stills see something lesser than. To not have done anything wildly successful makes me feel average at best and that is mind-blowingly horrid to feel. I know I'm capable of greater and I think going through this weight release for the 4th time to shed 150lbs will spark me to try to create a life I can be proud of. I know many have their trials but no one's issue is higher or lower than the other as it's a reality. I know that if I can make a path that really is grand I can enjoy life's middle and end even tho it may never be exactly perfect. Pushing through life even when you feel and can see things are never changing is growth for me.

Delighted you have chosen to NOT be a victim of, or rather, allow the foreshadowing of your humble beginnings, or even the path you have taken to arrive where you are right now for granted. It takes one step. One moment of breakthrough. One spark to set fire to the kindling that is the life you choose to build for yourself.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Life is moving so fast. I get so caught up with it, and before you know it a day has passed, a week, then a month. I cannot recall slowing down to savor in a moment. This is my daughter's senior year, and I cannot believe how fast it came. She became this young women in a blink of an eye, and I just feel like I missed something l. Like I didn't savor in a moment or something. I know I can't slow down time, but maybe just me stopping each day and really reflecting on it. Actually making each day count in my mind, instead of getting caught in the system of work, eat, and sleep.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    “I keep indulging in the false notion that the internet is a vacuum.”

Unfortunately many people do without realizing the cause and effect. I’m definitely not the perfect example at times, but I continuously try to be aware at how I can affect others by my actions and/or words because I know first hand what it feels like to be on the receiving end.
    this is true...earlier today 10 people went out of their way to call me an idiot on another forum because I had a different opinion about music gear, people there are seemingly very angry/jaded, and it's so different in this community

That sounds like a community I’d extract myself from posthaste
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    b25nkbnwxtsn.jpeg
  • Reckoner68
    Reckoner68 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Internet spiders
  • GrizzledSquirrel
    GrizzledSquirrel Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    beer, whisky, and woman

Just the one?

• 777Gemma888
    Options
    PowerMan40 wrote: »
    beer, whisky, and woman

Just the one?

:laugh: How evol@ q? ;):laugh:
  • 777Gemma888
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    I should really stay home, and catch up on my chores, but the river is calling my name. 🚣‍♀️

Chanting ... River! River! River!
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Why is everyone asleep

I saw your doppelganger out and about the other day!
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    What's on my mind is that all the other women here (and that I encounter) seem to not have much in the way (or any) forehead creases, yet mine are massive. Now it's all I can see or think about and it's bothering me. They are a permanent fixture on my face and now I have to see them every time I look in a mirror. I can't unsee them.
    Retinoids and filters 😆

ETA: i mean, that’s one way
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    After watching a video of a guy turning a bolt into an amazing ring, my kid decided to get out his gear. Guess what's on my mind is how crazy it'd be if he could
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    1k8g2rijw4e8.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Retinoids and filters 😆

ETA: i mean, that’s one way

I take retinoids for acne. Hasn't done much for my massive forehead creases. The filters I can grant you. Still, kinda depressing.