August 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Sorry, you had a rough start of the week. I'm sure it will get better. I can totally relate with tracking devices malfunction. It can be so frustrating. I run with my phone and track the run w/ an app. The problem that I have is that if leave the phone on powersave mode, it will shut down the app and only track when the screen is on. I have had runs that are 1 mile - 45 minutes :D Hope you week gets better.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I hope to get 50 miles this month. I had an uneven start.

8/2...2.12 miles.

8/3....3.1 miles.

8/7....5.27 miles.

8/9...Indiana State Fair.

8/11...4.2 miles.

8/13....4.11 miles....An afternoon run. I forgot my music and almost didn't do the run. Anyway, I talked myself into it. I heard snippets of conversation on my run, and saw a lot of people walking their dogs. One dog looked like a Great Dane, but it had pink eyes and no pupils. It was kind of creepy. The run without music wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

8/17.....6.2 miles...Longest run in a while. Still hot and humid in the 80's. Felt pretty good. It was mostly tempo running with some sprints. And it helped that my mp3 player was working. Good music really helps the run be really fun. Halfway to goal!

My husband has an appointment with orthopedic surgeon next week. He is still limping, and is having good days and bad. Still plans to hike with me, but I can't see how he will be able to do that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I have been using CBD oil to rub into my hips prior to the run. And not experiencing the usual soreness. I think that it doesn't work as well on joints but works great on muscle soreness.

@PastorVincent Thanks for the cake recipe. I'll try it when I get a stretch of days off.

I am only 105 posts behind and plan to catch up in the next couple of days.

total....25 miles.
    goal...50 miles.

• JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins my phone regularly treks the same run as anything up to 200m difference, very frustrating! I'd go with your watch.

Today was a two-run day for me. 3.4km in the morning with my boyfriend, who was tired from the hill run yesterday so didn't want to go far. Not a great run through the village- too many people and cars about. In the evening, 5.2km in the beautiful Norfolk countryside, it was just lovely!

exercise.png

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the job @PastorVincent! That's fantastic and I hope it turns out to be a great position for you.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding a job @PastorVincent! It's exciting to start a new adventure, even if it was forced upon you.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the job @PastorVincent! I sincerely hope it works out for you!! Big weight off your shoulders 👏
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    OH! I found a job. I start on 8/26. It was not my first choice of companies, but I am thinking long term it will be the right choice. I just have to get there first. There is a bit of iffiness on it, as it is contract to hire, but since PA is an "At will" state it is only slightly more iffy than a so-called "direct hire" despite the "permanent" label that direct hire has.

SO I guess I accomplished my major goal for August! :D
    Woot! That’s great news!
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 But did you remember to start your Garmin before that run? :D

My thoughts exactly. You probably got some sweet PRs :)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the job @PastorVincent!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Hadn't logged the last several runs. I've been running regularly but just been too busy to sit down and log. I've been putting the effort in to run outside and it's getting easier.
    My last long run I wasn't feeling the gym, so I talked myself into thinking it wouldn't be too bad. 95F with heat index of 105F. I don't know what I was thinking! It was painful. I was feeling that run for a couple of days after and was so dehydrated despite drinking a ton. I learned my lesson.

8/2: 5 miles
    8/4: 3 miles
    8/5: 4 miles
    8/7: 3 miles
    8/9: 6 miles
    8/11: 3 miles
    8/12: 4 miles
    8/14: 3 miles
    8/16: 7 miles
    8/18: 3 miles
    8/19: 4 miles

Aug total: 45 miles
    Aug goal: 56 miles

2019 Races:

Piney Woods Trailfest 5k - 2/2/2019 29.23
    Rodeo Run 10k - 2/23/2019 1:03.12
    Run Houston! Minute Maid Park 10k - 3/23/2019 1:01.28
    Brazos Bend 50 10k - 4/6/2019 1:15:33
    5k - 9/2019
    10 for Texas 10 Miler - 10/2019 registered
    Wine and Dine half marathon - 11/3/2019 registered

Run the Year 2019 - Team Five for Nineteen
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    August Goal: 37-40 miles
    Total Miles: 22.54 miles

My August Runs/Walks
    8/2: 3.09 miles
    8/5: 3.27 miles
    8/10: 3.25 miles total (1.25 mile of continuous run and walk/run alternating for 2 miles)
    8/12: 3.25 miles total (2.25 miles of continuous run and 1 mile walk)
    8/14: 3.23 miles total (1.25 continuous run and walk/run alternating for just under 2 miles)
    8/18: 3.23 miles total (2.25 miles of continuous run and 1 mile walk)
    8/19: 3.22 miles (2.25 miles of continuous run and 1 mile walk)
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Hadn't logged the last several runs. I've been running regularly but just been too busy to sit down and log. I've been putting the effort in to run outside and it's getting easier.
    My last long run I wasn't feeling the gym, so I talked myself into thinking it wouldn't be too bad. 95F with heat index of 105F. I don't know what I was thinking! It was painful. I was feeling that run for a couple of days after and was so dehydrated despite drinking a ton. I learned my lesson.

If you keep drinking and stay dehydrated, you might be low on salt. Eat chips or pretzels or get SUCCEED S Caps.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    OH! I found a job. I start on 8/26. It was not my first choice of companies, but I am thinking long term it will be the right choice. I just have to get there first. There is a bit of iffiness on it, as it is contract to hire, but since PA is an "At will" state it is only slightly more iffy than a so-called "direct hire" despite the "permanent" label that direct hire has.

SO I guess I accomplished my major goal for August! :D

Awesome!