Low cal protein bar recommendations please

Options

Replies

• Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I got something called Smart Protein Bar. All natural ingredients 20g of protein and just over my calorie budget by a few cal.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I got something called Smart Protein Bar. All natural ingredients 20g of protein and just over my calorie budget by a few cal.
    I’ll look into it! Thanks!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I would suggest that you make your own protein (and other) bars so you know exactly what goes into them and that they fit in with your healthy life style. You will also appreciate and enjoy them much more, since you have made them yourself and there are no plastic wrappers either.

Personally, I appreciate NOT having to work for it so built bars ftw! :)

I just ordered the sample box of Built Bars. Which one is your favorite?

You aren't asking me, but MY personal preference is coconut (tastes like an almond joy candy bar) or the mint brownie.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    I would suggest that you make your own protein (and other) bars so you know exactly what goes into them and that they fit in with your healthy life style. You will also appreciate and enjoy them much more, since you have made them yourself and there are no plastic wrappers either.

You aren't asking me, but MY personal preference is coconut (tastes like an almond joy candy bar) or the mint brownie.

Thank you for answering! All answers are welcomed!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options

I'm looking at the sample box of Built Bars https://builtbar.com/products/10-bar-sample

Did you (or anyone) get a coupon code to pass along to a friend? If so, I will take it!
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I use both Pure Proteins and Smarforlife bars.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

I'm not even a fruit and chocolate together kinda girl but I really like the raspberry. The banana is good and the coconut. The vanilla is pretty bland (in a bad way) and I like bland!

Ireally want to try the blueberry and a little less try the mocha. :)
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Simply Protein bars have 16 grams of protein for 150 calories. I like the maple pecan flavour best.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options

I'm not even a fruit and chocolate together kinda girl but I really like the raspberry. The banana is good and the coconut. The vanilla is pretty bland (in a bad way) and I like bland!

Ireally want to try the blueberry and a little less try the mocha. :)
    Great review! I love all things banana and started to just get the banana ones. Thought I’d give the others a shot though!

• rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I love the Kirkland protein bars but I feel like the Pure Protein are better quality. No real science to back it up just feel like I respond better (energized, satiated, pumped).
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    I love the Kirkland protein bars but I feel like the Pure Protein are better quality. No real science to back it up just feel like I respond better (energized, satiated, pumped).
    Interesting. I may have a look at Kirkland’s. I’ve had Pure Protein bars before, they’re pretty good taste wise and nutrition wise.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    have 3/4 of a quest bar. i do that all the time when it fits my needs. my personal favorite is DEFINITELY double chocolate chunk at 180 calories 20 grams protein for the entire bar.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I am team Kirkland, I find most protein bars to be way too sweet, but not these.
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options
    Yaaaay for all the responses! I didn’t start this thread but I bumped it up!

Definitely checking out Kirkland’s bars!

Thanks everyone!
  • FireyChimera
    FireyChimera Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    a handful of nuts
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay for all the responses! I didn’t start this thread but I bumped it up!

Definitely checking out Kirkland’s bars!

Thanks everyone!

Kirkland from Costco is definitely my favorite! Chocolate chip cookie dough. Yum!
  • PiscesIntuition
    Options
    Great! Thanks for your input Chris!
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options
    So I found No Way bars! 150-170cal 25-27g protein. Dairy free! All natural ingredients
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    So I found No Way bars! 150-170cal 25-27g protein. Dairy free! All natural ingredients

But do they taste like dust? :smiley:
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Options
    No they’re great! Subtle and not overly sweet which is how I like them. They’re like a thick gummy consistency